January Holidays 2014: Reasons To Celebrate All Month Long #holidays2014

January Holidays 2014 ~

January Holidays 2014 List {Imate Credit Morguefile}

Everyone knows about New Year’s Day, but there are plenty of other reasons to celebrate in January. Check out our January Holidays 2014 list to help you decide which of these holidays you think are celebration worthy and which are just weird. If you know of any more holidays to add to the January holidays 2014 list, please let us know in the comments. :)

January Holidays 2014

Teen Driving Awareness Month
National Soup Month
National Blood Donor Month
National Hobby Month
Hot Tea Month
Get Organized Month

What Holidays From The January Holidays 2014 List Will You Be Celebrating?

Dawn is a full time lifestyle blogger that runs the ship that is Cheap Is The New Classy. She loves to do home decor and DIY projects, organize stuff, enjoy a nice cup of coffee and travel. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, teen daughter, Amber, and too many furry {and not so furry} friends to count.

Comments

1. Sheri Ferguson says:

Dang! I missed Science Fiction Day! I was going to celebrate by going to a buffet! You know…because…National Buffet Day?! ;)

Oh, I missed Bloody Mary day but get to celebrate Humiliation Day….great. Think Ill celebrate Festival of Sleep Day instead. :) So many fun days. I’m looking forward to blonde brownie day.

3. Sandy Cain says:

Oh, today is Humiliation Day? I think they named that in honor of me! Can you check my back, please, Dawn, and tell me if the KICK ME sign fell off yet???!!

4. Mary Diehl says:

This sounds interesting though I doubt I’ll be celebrating very many of them, maybe use them as a way to get a day off work. LOL

5. These lists always crack me up. I’m surprised Hallmark doesn’t make cards for them all.

6. Well wow!! That is a lot of Holidays in January. I like watching people take the Polar Bear Plunge. I would like to see it in person though.

7. I hope that I can managed my finances well this month hehehe. Love that 1956 photo on the calendar!

8. I love rubber ducky day! My kids will especially like celebrating rubber ducky day in the tub! :)

9. National tempura day!!
    Oh I miss out on a few, good thing we have a chance again this year :-)

10. I might celebrate National Whipped Cream Day! It looks like there is celebration for everything imaginable–and yes I am chuckling about it. I’m almost afraid to ask what Feb – Dec have in store!!

11. This is an awesome list. I had no idea that January 1st was National Bloody Mary Day! I feel like I owe it to myself to celebrate it late :)

12. Thank you! These are so much fun and interesting. I’m sure to be celebrating some of the days. Others, like you said, are just weird but fun to know never the less :)

13. Linda Szymoniak says:

I’m going to have to start celebrating some of these. I think Cuddle Up day sounds the best with the deep freeze we’re in here in the Chicago area. I have five Treeing Walker Coonhounds, four of who sleep on my bed with me. In a way, every night is Cuddle Up night for us!

14. Thanks for the list! I’m looking forward to doing nothing on Nothing Day, lol! Sounds relaxing1

15. Looks like I’m in for a lot of celebrating. Starting tomorrow with Spaghetti for dinner. LOL

16. wow there are a lot of great things to celebrate in January

17. wow.. so many special days in January. World Hypnotism day sounds cool :) Thanks for the list! Very interesting.

18. Wow, I honestly never knew there were so much to celebrate within the month!

19. Good Golly there is a lot going on in January! It’s a good thing we don’t celebrate all those days here. I’d never get anything done!

20. That is a lot of holidays – there are a few that I want to see why/how on earth they became holidays.

21. This is going to be fun to do with the kids!

22. Wow! Thats alot of holidays in one month. lol

23. Some of these days made me laugh lol, But That is shore nuff a lot of holidays

24. These are certainly a lot of reasons to celebrate. It is nice to know that we still have a lot of holidays to look forward to now that the major ones are over for a while.

25. I’m trying to figure out why anyone would feel compelled to celebrate copyright law. I mean it’s good we have the laws, but really….throwing a party over it? lol

Maybe it’s the lawyers who get paid tons of cash to do all the paperwork and lawyer-y stuff to get it going? Lol!

26. Guess I need some spaghetti tomorrow, haha! That is an awesome list!

27. Voice mail message day? Guess I won’t be answering the phone that day. This list cracks me up!

28. Sign me up for National Chocolate Cake Day! That will be my favorite day this month.

29. HA HA I missed the festival of sleep day! AGH well there is always next year LOL I also like chocolate cake day and of coarse the end of the month is my birthday and I can’t wait to celebrate that day!!!!

30. Lisa Brown says:

how fun, always something to celebrate.

31. Happy National Spaghetti Day!! Oh my goodness, I had no idea there was such a day. I am a LOVER of spaghetti!! Also, I had no idea there was a Spouse’s Day. Very cool.

32. OMG, that’s too much to celebrate the whole month of January. lol!

33. Cynthia C says:

Oh, my! That’s a lot to celebrate.

34. Some of those are hilarious!! I want to honor rubber duckie day with my real ducks!

35. Cathy French says:

I like the just cuddle up day. that needs to be more than just one day

36. There is so many there I just want to take part in, they had me laughing out loud in a couple of cases. x

37. Nicole Becker says:

Haven’t heard pf alot of these holidays but I love an excuse to celebrate!! LOL, my favorites are National Bloody Mary Day, National Buffet Day(now I have an excuse to eat alot!!), Festival of Sleep(now that is my kind of festival), Bubble Bath Day(I miss taking those for sure) and Beer Can Appreciation Day(love my Bud Lite and Naty Boh)!!! This was such a fun post, thanks so much for sharing!!

38. Betsy Barnes says:

Wow, lots to celebrate in January, looking forward to Bubble Bath Day and Measure Your Feet Day, lol! :)

39. I am amazed at what people think to celebrate but I guess any excuse to party ;)

40. interesting so many days to celebrate in Jan I had no idea

41. kristin sims says:

i kind of like the national bloody mary day! :) i think we just might need to reenact that! this is such an interesting post! thanks

42. Deborah Caudill says:

There are quite a few very strange days on the calendar. I especially like the Peculiar Person Day.

43. What a fun list. I am so glad I am not expected to celebrate all of the holidays. I’ll just have to be sure not to let my kids see this, it might give them ideas.

44. Catherine says:

Tomorrow is Cuddle Up Day! I love it!

45. I can’t believe there are so many holidays in January! I have never heard of most of these. I wonder who makes this stuff up!!!

46. michelle oakley warner says:

yeah i love national pie day, me, i wonder if that means everyone exchanges pie, very cool list, i never knew every day had so many holidays.i just googled it and that is the coolest, tons of stupid and great holidays,lol

47. Susan Broughton says:

Did they miss any other holiday? haha. Who knew that January was such a popular month for holidays. If you want you could celebrate a holiday every day of the month, but than maybe that’s not such a bad idea. It would be great to wake up each day and celebrate each day as if it was an important holiday. I think everyone would happier people if they did that.

48. Allison Downes says:

I love these! Its so cool to have each day be some type of little holiday. Thanks for sharing!

49. My goodness, I never realized there were so many celebrations and a lot of them are silly. Particulary like January 3rd, national fruitcake toss day. Thanks for sharing.

50. Michelle Elizondo says:

I so love all the holidays.

51. I celebrated some birthdays, family and Elvis’s too. Not a lot in January. Some crazy day listed above that I never heard of tho.

52. Rebecca Parsons says:

So many neat and unique celebration days I haven’t heard of. Love the teen driver awareness month.

53. Georgia Beckman says:

I love this kind of info. Thanks for sharing. My birthday was the 9th, I’ll have to remember to “play God” next year, lol!

54. sherry butcher says:

Love this, fun stuff to use on people who have no idea!

55. I had no idea there were so many holidays in January! Thank you for this list. I think I am going to make research on the lesser known days an assignment for my kids.

56. Polar bear Plunge Day would have been my idea of fun–30 years ago!

57. md Kennedy says:

I love this! It gives you a reason every day to celebrate and to find a reason to be thankful. Can you do it each month for us!

I try to! If you look on my menu under “Holiday,” we have them for every month but two. I hope to get those this year. ;)

58. kelly Nicholson says:

lol national buffet day….im down for that..thanks

59. Holly Thomas says:

Awesome, my birthday and national humiliation day share the same date!!

60. So silly. I wonder about the story behind the day. How did these holidays come about?

61. Jennifer Hiles says:

Wow, I had no idea there were so many reasons to celebrate in January! I want to celebrate World Hypnotism Day, sounds interesting!

62. Tracy Awalt Juliano says:

My birthday falls on Peculiar People Day, and I represent it load and proud throughout the year!

63. bobbie freeman says:

wow way to many celebrations lol

64. Shea Balentine says:

Oooh! today is national nothing day! I can totally celebrate that! =)

65. Lorayne Gothard says:

Wow had no idea that there were that many thing going on in January!!!

66. Being huddled up in the house and hunkered down for the whole month of January, we need reasons to celebrate and party, because we can’t do anything outside.

67. Sylvia Ortiz says:

I would’ve loved to celebrate National Bloody Mary Day; I miss those great drinks the mornin’ after! lol

68. Today is Forget Your New Year’s Resolution Day? I thought it would be earlier in January ;) I don’t even make them anymore.

69. Richard Hicks says:

My goodness. Never knew these holidays……static electricity day! LOL!

70. Today is the 17th of January – Forget your resolutions day – I can agree with that one – I ate ice cream and cookies today

71. natalie parvis says:

Polar bear plunge would be fun!

72. I’ll have hot tea every evening and munch on what ever the special is for the day. Missed popcorn day, but eat it often anyway.

Add Comment Register