DIY Cruise Itinerary Folder + FREE Vacation And Cruise Packing List Printables #ad @DollarTree

cruise itineraryCheap Is The New Classy

My husband and I are going on our first cruise in January. It’s exciting, but also nerve wrecking. I mean, we have never traveled by water before and we have never visited these other countries that we will be going to. Being the travel planner of the household, I like to stay organized. I decided to make a cruise packing list and itinerary folder that wouldn’t break the bank and Dollar Tree helped me do just that.

DIY Cruise Itinerary Folder + FREE Vacation and Cruise Packing List Printables #ad @DollarTree

Cruise Itinerary Folder

On every vacation or press related trip, I like to keep all of my paperwork together. I also like to plan ahead of time. For my cruise itinerary – I purchased a 3 ring folder {not a binder} from Dollar Tree that has pockets on the inside. I chose a folder because I want it to be flat as possible. I wanted the pockets so that I could carry my passports, receipts, and any other extra papers I might get along the way. I am also attaching binder clips that I purchased from Dollar Tree to ensure these items don’t fall out.

I used a lot of orange so that my Cruise Itinerary would be all matchy matchy. :)

I have filled my folder with plastic sleeves. What did I put in these plastic sleeves?

1. Cruise Documents – This includes travel agent receipts, credit card receipts, etc.
2. Shore Excursion Information – This is the information involving shore excursions through my travel agent.
3. Important Emails – Right now that consists of emails from my travel agent.
4. Port Of Call Information – I went to the cruise website and printed off some information about each port of call.
5. Cruise Map – I plant to hang this up in the room with magnets.
6. Trip Insurance Brochure – I hope we don’t need it, but just in case.
6. Cruise Atlas – This is actually in the back pocket. In case we want to book again while on our cruise, we have the cruise schedule through 2015.
7. Passports – We recently ordered our passports so we don’t have them yet, but my folder has a sealable pocket that I plan to keep them in, if they fit. If not, I will hook them in a pocket with a binder clip.

Other Dollar Tree Cruise Packing List Must Haves

Highlighters – In researching what I would need for a cruise, many people have told me that highlighters are awesome to have around. When you get your cruise activities list from the actual cruise ship for each coming day, you can highlight what you plan to do. I plan to take at least two highlighters so that what Jay wants to do can be in one color and what I want to do can be in another.

Pens/Pencils – You need something to write with. How horrible would it be to pay an extravagant price for a simple pen in the cruise gift shop? If you are taking lead pencils, you might want to pick up some refills and some extra erasers, as well.

Notebook – I want to blog about my fun times when I get back. Since I will not be paying crazy high prices for cruise internet, I don’t see much point in taking my laptop. Therefore, my plans for a notebook involve writing about my adventures first and then typing it up when I get home.

Sticky Notes – I just love these! I have been marking all of the other cruises I hope to one day take in my Cruise Atlas. I can also mark the sleeves that I need {receipts, excursion information, etc} as I need it. These are great for just about anything. You can also write on these. :)

Magnets – Many people have told me that one or more of your walls or your door is usually magnetic on a cruise ship! I love this and would never have known it. So, I plan on taking magnets that I purchased from Dollar Tree to hang my map in my room.

Memo Board – Several people have suggested that I purchase a small memo board – so I did just that. They have a cute selection of cheap memo boards right now at Dollar Tree. You can hang this on the back of your door and leave notes to each other about where you are. No one wants to run up a cell phone bill with huge international rates just to leave each other messages, right?

Over The Door Shoe Holder – Cruise rooms are SMALL! I have heard that one of the cheap over the door show holder is a great item to have to hold your small stuff like highlighters, tanning oil, glasses, etc. Plus, if the ship is rocking to and fro *gasp* your items won’t be flying off the shelves. I don’t always see these at Dollar Tree, but I did purchase one there in the past, so it won’t hurt you to check.

Free Cruise Packing List Printable

Need to know what else to pack for a cruise? Simply click on the picture to print out this FREE Cruise Packing List Printable!

DIY Cruise Itinerary + FREE Cruise Packing List Printable #sponsored

Free Children’s Packing List Printable

Taking children? Be sure to click on this picture to print out this FREE Children’s Packing List Printable!

DIY Cruise Itinerary + FREE Children's Packing List Printable #sponsored

Free Warm Weather Packing List Printable

If you are going to warm weather destinations, be sure to click on this picture to use this FREE Warm Weather Packing List! Happy travels!

DIY Cruise Itinerary + FREE Warm Weather Packing List Printable #sponsored

I hope this DIY Cruise Itinerary Folder and these FREE Packing Vacation and Cruise Packing List Printables make your vacation planning a lot easier!

Socialize With Dollar Tree

Facebook / Twitter

What Would You Add To The Cruise Packing List And Cruise Itinerary Folder?

disclosure-sponsored-post-300x91

Dawn is a full time lifestyle blogger that runs the ship that is Cheap Is The New Classy. She loves to do home decor and DIY projects, organize stuff, enjoy a nice cup of coffee and travel. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, teen daughter, Amber, and too many furry {and not so furry} friends to count.

Comments

1. Great lists! I’ve never been on a cruise before, so I’m sure I’d have no idea where to start in regards to packing!

2. That is a great list. I haven’t been on a cruise in many years, but would love to go on another one.

3. Have fun. Years ago, when my husband and I first got married, his father offered to send us on a cruise as a honeymoon gift. I declined because I have a fear of the water. I’d panic if I looked out and could see nothing but!

That is the same exact reason that my daughter doesn’t want to go. Some say face your fears but I say if you are going to be so scared that you won’t enjoy it, there are always other vacations.

4. Great list, definitely a keeper for when we do finally go on a cruise. Dollar tree has so many great things.

They really do – and all in one stop without wading through the crowd of a massive store. Sometimes you just want to get in and get out.

5. These are such great tips. The printable list is perfect for someone who isn’t so good with being organized. Thank you!

6. You are so organized! These are excellent lists and I am bookmarking this page for future travel reference! Thank you.

7. What helpful lists! I hope to go on a cruise soon!

8. Great lists! I am yet to go on a cruise but we do want to one day.Hope you have a lovely time on yours :).

Thank you so much. I had wanted to go on one for quite some time so I hope it lives up to my expectations, lol.

9. This is a great idea. I love that it could be adapted to any kind of vacation, not just a cruise.

10. Nerve wrecking?

11. Wow, you are organized! I used to be organized when I traveled out of the country, now not so much for US travel, but it is probably a better idea to be more concerned for document safety!
    Enjoy!

12. What a helpful post! I am bookmarking this. We really want to go on a cruise and now I will know what to bring!!!

13. Cheryl S says:

We’re taking this exact same Princess cruise in October. We’ve been to these ports many times on lots of cruises so if you have any questions, ask away. You’ll love Princess – definitely not the best cruise line for kids but very relaxing for adults.

Thank you so much! We invited our teen daughter to go, but she isn’t interested, so perhaps that is good then. It’s cool that we are taking the same cruise!! I definitely may be asking you some questions later on. :)

14. This is an awesome list! Thanks for providing a printable, it’ll make packing so much easier.

15. I definitely need to pin this. I don’t have current plans to go on a cruise, but one of these days…

16. What a cute idea. Now I just need to go on a cruise now so I can make this.

17. Pinning this awesome packing list! We went without passports on our first cruise. Thankfully we didn’t need them! They are good to have just in case!

We weren’t required to have passports, but I have heard that if you miss the ship and have to fly back to the US that you need them. So we thought it was better safe than sorry.

18. thats a great list. we just got back from a cruise but I’ll hold this for next time

19. Wish I had seen these lists before my first cruise. Would have saved some time. Have fun on your cruise.

20. That’s an awesome list, with great points! I would have loved to have this when I took my first cruise, really would’ve helped a lot!

21. This is a really helpful list. Now I just need to book a cruise!

22. These lists are really great. I love a good checklist! They keep me from forgetting the important things (like toilet paper).

23. Oh these lists are fantastic! We have never been on a cruise, and I wouldn’t even know where to begin. I love that you have both warm-weather and cold-weather options– so helpful!

24. What great tips for cruising. I have not gone cruising with my husband or my kids. And those are some great tips to keep everyone organized.

25. Have a wonderful trip. You will enjoy it.

26. I love, love, love Dollar Tree! There’s always something I can use there. :)

27. These are great printables to get yourself organized! I love the idea of the folder to keep all your papers together. I love that your using the binder clips, also, to make sure they don’t fall out – great idea!

28. Good for you that you were able to get all that stuff and be organized. I love going to Dollar Tree. I’m there pretty much every day.

29. Thanks for the printables! I’m always forgetting something when I go on a cruise!

30. This is such a handy printable. I have a friend going on a cruise so I will pass this along to her.

31. Love this idea and how affordable/easy it is. Way better than my boring old folder that ends up ripped and crumpled by the time we return home.

32. I just love dollar tree and have been shopping at them for years. I love that so many people are writing about them now and using their products.

33. We loved Roatan when we went there on our honeymoon. It is seriously beautiful!

34. These are great tips! I wish I were that organized with everything!

35. This is an awesome resource! I pinned it to my travel board- for when we plan our first cruise!

36. Love this! So helpful! Also I’m a big post it and flag tag snob so yours made me happy, happy!

37. This is a great way to get ready for any kind of trip. Thanks for sharing.

38. This is a really nice list! I hope you have a great time on your cruise.

39. These packing lists are fantastic! Have a great time on your very first cruise!!!

40. That’s a great list! Very thorough! I’ll have to bookmark for when we go on a cruise.

41. Ann Bacciaglia says:

I would love to go on a cruise. Thanks for sharing such a great check list!

42. This is a great idea for cruising! We cruise a lot!

43. Wow you are super organized, I’d love to bring you on a trip! I’m trying to talk the hubs into a cruise sometime.

44. You will have the time of your life! I’m a major cruise addict (since 2004 lol) Cozumel is one of my favorite ports, I love stopping in at Viva Mexico for a quick bite to eat, they have incredible food at extremely reasonable prices! Roatan has changed a lot since my 1st time there, but is an interesting place with beautiful beaches. (Watch out for sand fleas though, they can be bad on some of the beaches there).
    The over the door shoe holder will be the most handy thing to take! You won’t regret it! The highlighters are handy too. You might want to take a small roll of duct tape, it can be very handy in a pinch! (Think rip in the suitcase, zipper break on the suitcase among other things. Also a small paintbrush and a small thing of baby powder for your beach bag, helps brush the sand off your feet easily. Hope you have a fantastic trip!

What great tips! Thanks so much! I hadn’t thought about duct tape. And YUCK to the sand fleas. Ugh!

We actually booked a couple of our excursions yesterday. In Cozumel, we are going to Playa Mia. We got the all inclusive food and drinks package. In the Cayman Islands we are going to Hell {lol} and to the Turtle Farm. Good choices?

We haven’t booked our excursion in Roatan yet. I think we will probably choose the Monkey Farm {or whatever it’s called} and then choose nothing in the Bahamas.

45. I love how organized you are and you’re going to have a blast. I remember when I flew from Germany to London and had nowhere to go and didn’t know how long I was going to stay. I just had a wad of cash.

I got pulled by customs and they wouldn’t let me leave until I was set up in a hostel lol!

46. I know, I was lucky! But stupid for having cash! :-)

47. That or credit cards! I was just out of college doing the obligatory backpacking thing! LOL

48. I’ll send you my best travel tip ever to your email! Keep in mind I was alone the whole time, about 1 1/2 years!

49. Where do I find your email? LOL

If you need to email me, there is a contact form on the right or you can email me at dawn{at}cheapisthenewclassy.com{dot}com. :)

Add Comment Register