Pet Love: Stories About Our Furry {And Not So Furry} Friends #ad #linky #pets

Pet Love ~

pet love - chihuahua

Our chihuahua, Puppy Churo

Today is Love Your Pet Day! Like EVERYDAY isn’t Love Your Pet Day as far as I am concerned. :) Anyway, in honor of this special occasion, I decided to share some awesome pet fun that I have found around the web, some great stories from other bloggers about their devotion to their pets – and also some pet awesomeness from my little furry friends!

Pet Love

It is no secret, my family loves our pets. We have 2 dogs, 4 cats and an aquatic turtle. Our two dogs sleep with us every night and they are the most comfy snuggle buddies you will ever find. I love to post about my pets and if you would like to play catch up, some of my favorite posts include National Dress Up Your Pet Day and what pet I would like to be for a day. I have also posted about some items that I find particularly useful like the Potty Park and the Bo Regards Pet Fire Safety Plaque.

Here is a cute video from Friskies that I found that answers the age old question – will kitty play with it {a spork}? I love the look on Digger’s face at about 45 seconds in when Digger sees the spork for the first time! Haha!

Pet Love From Around The Blogosphere

This video features Simply Stacie‘s cats, Princess and Misty, deciding between a variety of foods – and being super cute! :) Here is another post about Simply Stacie’s chosing foods. This time her cats review Temptation Treats. :) Stacie was also kind enough to provide some super cute pics of her cats from Instagram but I am not really familiar with Instagram {I know – get with the 21st century!} and how to take the pics from the site so I will share links to them here. Princess Sitting Pretty and Cat Love. Trust me, they are worth a click. :)

Pretty Opinionated shares her favorite pictures of her dogs and So Easy Being Green shares her favorite pictures of her animals, as well as a video of her daughter doing tricks with her yorkie!

And check out this jumping llama from In Random!

Also, if you would like to learn how to watermark your pet pictures using Picmonkey, here is a great tutorial by Fabulous Finds By Tiffany. Also, if you did not have a pet post to share, be sure to sign up for Fabulous Finds By Tiffany’s 31 Day Writing Challenge that begins in March. I am sure you can incorporate your pet love into these posts. :)

Shoes Fashion Fitness: Her dogs {she has FIVE of them!} try out the new Petmate! I am loving the dog with the cow Petmate!

Faith Filled Food For Moms and Grandmothers shares about her daughter’s love for her pets – and how she used manipulation super cuteness to try to get one!

Pet Love and Loss

pet love anoles fric and frac

Meet our anoles, Fric and Frac. They were so much fun!

pet love cats Garfield

Our cat, Garfield. Though you can’t tell from the look on his face, he was one of the friendliest and most laid back cats I have ever met.

Grandma Juice tells about her 1st service dog Jaden and having to put make the tough decision to put her down and here is the follow up post where Grandma Juice got a puppy because her 2nd service dog was depressed about Jaden dying.

Frosted Cork: Learning to bond with a 2nd dog after the first one has passed on.

Savannah from Simply Me shares her love for her shelter dog, Rocky.

Show Your Pet Love

daisy baby

Here is Daisy Baby being SUPER possessive over a dog treat!

Here are some sweet deals for dog owners from Life’s A Bargain. He updates his site frequently so be sure to check back often if you are shopping for something special for your furry friend!

For sure to check out my list of other holidays in February.

How Have Your Pets Enhanced Your Life?

Feel free to share your pet love stories, recipes, deals and whatever else you want to share about your pet in the linky below or in the comment section.

disclosure-sponsored-post-300x91

Dawn is a full time lifestyle blogger that runs the ship that is Cheap Is The New Classy. She loves to do home decor and DIY projects, organize stuff, enjoy a nice cup of coffee and travel. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, teen daughter, Amber, and too many furry {and not so furry} friends to count.

Comments

1. We have three dogs who sleep in the bed with us. Our middle dog is like a personal bed-warmer!

The one with the black eye {Daisy} crams between my husband and I and the chihuahua {Puppy Churo} licks my ankle half the night – silly dog! They are both super warm! No chance of getting cold in the winter, that’s for sure!

Dawn

2. Love it!! Thanks for sharing all these wonderful pets, and I agree, everyday is love your pet day for me!

3. Jenna M Wood says:

I think the llama is my favorite, but that’s because our Morkie looks like one!

4. Love it! The babies are being spoiled even as we speak since the grandparents are visiting!

5. I LOVE my fur babies! I have a horse and a dog…

6. My dogs are extremely loved (some say spoiled but I disagree with that word). They go so many places with us, I hate leaving them at home when they can not go. They are a big part of my family. I love seeing that so many others love their pets as much as I do!

7. Super cute pictures, that last one looks like a fox!

8. Well, I cannot say I share your love of pets. I don’t have any, and if I can help it never will…but it is fun to watch others have pets. :-)

Some people just aren’t “pet people.” I didn’t used to be, but now I am such a “dog person.” :)

Dawn

9. We had to put our beloved dog to sleep earlier this year, she was a doxie and had been paralyzed for a few years, it was just “time”. She was our first dog as a couple and as a family… it was rough. Now we have a puppy and she is a handful and a half!

10. We don’t have pets in our home over here/ But back home we had a black Lab who was my daughter’s shadow from the time she was born. She would watch over her like a hawk. Miss her so much!! :(

11. ADORABLE! I could watch cat videos all day lol
    Kas

12. Our little yorkie has sure stolen our hearts too!!!

13. Why is there not a LOVE button!? My pets are my children…and having them in my life has made even the worst days bearable. Rabbits aren’t for everyone, but when you can call yourself a Bunny Momma, there is no greater happiness.

I had a knee injury one time and was pretty much on the couch for a few months. My little dogs stayed with me and guarded me like a hawk. :) It was so sweet!

We had a bunny, too, but it passed away a few months after we got it. :(

Dawn

14. OMG, they are all cuties, thanks for doing this story…we love our kitties like family

15. Hooray for the pet day – my Charlie deserves his own day too

16. I don’t have any furry friends but I do have a pet hedgehog that is really special to me. Pets certainly don’t have to be cuddly to work their way into your heart :)

17. Very funny compliation of videos!

18. they are sooo cute!!

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

19. Hi Dawn!

Your pets are beautiful! Orange tabby cats are my favorite! I love them. We had a tabby, also name Garfield, when my bigger bunch was little. My husband found him in the hay on a farm he worked at on the side. He was tiny when my husband found him that we had to bottle feed him. He was a sweetie.

Thank you for letting me gush over your babies… um, I mean… pets :)

Happy Thursday,

Victoria
    DenSchool

20. we used to have two dogs but they were old already and died. : ( my kids had a pet bird and fishes but also died. : ( the only pet we have now is a turtle ^^)

Sorry to hear about the loss of your pets. We have a turtle, too, and it is really fun to watch swimming around the tank. We think she is a *she* but really don’t know. Either way, she gets *really* excited when we give her turtle treats and starts swimming around all crazy like! Ha!

Dawn

21. I will be honest, I am not a pet person. I can look at them and watch them but not to have in my house.

22. our golden Aloha is spoiled too–every night at dinner he sits near me and puts his head up and under my elbow to give him a treat from the table–but I love him so –and then I do :)

23. My daughter is dying for a dog. So far all we have are fish. I actually love our little blue Beta. He is my buddy.

24. As a kid growing up we always had pets. With six siblings we each had own own pet to love and take care of. Unfortunately where I live now we are not allowed to have animals … but I am thinking of sneaking in a pet turtle very soon. :)

Turtle make great pets, and they live a long time. Ours is fun! She makes funny faces at us and sometimes she hisses at us, like when we change her water in her tank, which is really funny! She never snaps though, and her hissing is not scary at all – though I am sure she thinks it is! lol!

25. Very cute, all the wonderful and loved pets! Thanks you for sharing this was an adorable post!

26. Aww this makes me miss my childhood cat. I’ve always been horribly allergic to cats but still went through it to keep her, I loved that smushy persian cat face! lool No pets right now, not possible living in our apartment, but I hope to get a cat again, I do miss having a buddy around. :)

We are lucky in that we own our home so we can have whatever pets we like. I, too, am allergic to cats, so they have free reign of the downstairs and I stay mostly in the upstairs, lol. My husband is the cat person in this house. :)

Dawn

27. I had an anole as a kid. Well, I think I was actually in high school. Unfortunately, I don’t have any pets currently, but I want a dog in the worst way.

28. I, sadly, don’t have a pet right now. I remember my hamster, named Goober, though. He was sweet, but always bit my fingers. I plan on getting a dog some time in the future.

29. Your dog is adorable. We have a dog and a cat that we love, though the dog had a tummy virus this week, and it was ROUGH on mama :) Our cat has bonded with our autistic son, and it is so cool to see the special bond they share!

30. Darlene Ysaguirre says:

This is to cute i love cats and because of my allergy to animals its so sad i cant have one …i really wish i could get a huge fluffy cat lol

31. Susan Broughton says:

What cute pictures and great stories! Us pet people love our : “babies” We treat them like humans. Sometimes I think they may be more human that humans are lol. I know they say most pet crazy people are women but I have seen men that are just as crazy about their pets too. I know my husband makes fun of me for spoiling our dog (that we have had for 10 years and she is 10 years old) but when I am not around and he thinks I’m not looking he is just as bad as I am with our dog!! Gotta Love them!

My husband is just as silly over the cats as I am over the dogs. He can’t deny those little furry things. :)

Add Comment Register