Thanksgiving Leftovers: 10 Leftover Turkey Recipe Ideas

Thanksgiving Leftover Ideas: 10 Leftover Turkey Recipes | Cheap Is The New Classy

This year Thanksgiving falls on November 27th and there will be a lot of turkeys getting cooked. You know what that means – a ton of leftovers. If you would like to try something new this year instead of the traditional turkey, or if you are wondering what to do with all of those leftovers, here are 10 great leftover turkey recipes.

10 Leftover Turkey Recipe Ideas

The Ultimate Juicy Turkey Burger | Frugal Living Mom

Stuffing Muffin Cups with Turkey and Ranch | Confessions of an Overworked Mom

Fun Fact: The first Thanksgiving meal took place in 1621. Though turkey was common in the area at the time, the original bird that was served at the first Thanksgiving meal could have likely also been either a duck, goose, or swan. Wow! Wouldn’t Thanksgiving be so much different with a swan sitting on the table?

Sangria Glazed Turkey | Food Done Light

Lightened Up Leftover Turkey Salad | Nel’s Nook

Fun Fact: The movie, Miracle On 34th Street, features actual footage from the 1946 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Though Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade was not the first parade dedicated to Thanksgiving, it soon became the most popular, partially due to the popularity of this movie. The first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade was held in 1924 and was then called the Macy’s Christmas Parade.

Turkey Chili Recipe | Thirty-One:10

Turkey Salad Sandwich | A Family Feast

Fun Fact: Americans eat 46 million turkeys on Thanksgiving. However, Thanksgiving only accounts for about 1/5 of total turkey consumption for the year. The average person currently consumes about 16.4 pounds of turkey yearly.

Southwest Turkey Spirals | The Pinning Mama

Turkey Pot Pie Recipe | PinkWhen

Turkey Vegetable Rice Soup Recipe | The Springmount 6 Pack

Collard or Turnip Greens with Smoked Turkey Recipe | Hot Eats and Cool Reads

Bonus Leftover Turkey Recipes

Also be sure to check out the leftover turkey recipes from Cheap Is The New Classy!

Turkey Quesadilla Recipe

Thanksgiving Leftovers: 10 Leftover Turkey Recipes | Cheap Is The New Classy

Toasted Turkey Bacon Ciabatta Sandwich

Cheesy Ham and Turkey Potato Soup Recipe

What Are Your Favorite Leftover Turkey Recipes?

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for Eat Play Rock and State By State Travel. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, and their fur babies.

Comments

1. Thank you for sharing my recipe! Off to check out the others. Shared!

2. Thanks for including my turkey in your fantastic round up.

3. Hello Dawn, you have some great ideas for using left over turkey, so often the leftovers go to the dog. I am a turkey lover and often use ground turkey as it is low in fat . I am visiting from Blog Frog.

Ground turkey is a great idea. I like that as well. Thank you for visiting. Blog Frog is pretty cool, huh? :)

4. You have a lot of great ideas. We usually just use ours in sandwiches for the few days after Thanksgiving.

5. OMG, that is delicious. I absolutely love the leftover stuffing with turkey and soup. You cannot go wrong?

6. I have made turkey soup in the past, and my family loves it. I would love to try to make the turkey burgers this year they look good!

7. I make turkey muffins and spiral pinwheels all the time using leftovers. We eat turkey all year round!

8. Lisa Bristol says:

My favorite way to use up leftover turkey is to make Turkey sandwiches. I always make a big pot of soup to.

9. These all look great. The burger looks so good.

10. Ann Bacciaglia says:

I like to make stew with my leftover turkey. I t really good in wraps to. I have two teenagers so leftovers do not last long here.

11. I have never heard of Turkey salad before!! I bet my husband would love that for leftovers. TY for the list the stuffing cups look amazing too!

12. Oh my goodness, yes! I can’t wait for the overload of turkey to start.

13. Turkey leftover recipes are the best. I always have so much left and turkey sandwiches can only go so far. HA! Thanks for sharing

14. Mmm, turkey! I love the sound of those stuffing cups, I need to make me a turkey just to try that!

15. Ok, turkey chili is a go! Trying that as soon as possible.

16. I think I’m going to have to make those pinwheels for sure!

17. Such a great list! We’re all going to have to come up with creative stuff soon here!

18. Sometimes, we don’t even have left-overs! How sad is that? ;)

19. Turkey burgers are always a good call! Great list for left-overs!

20. How handy. We always end up with leftover turkey but you can only eat so many turkey sandwiches.

21. What great recipes! Wish we would have turkey left overs, my aunt has Thanksgiving and we do not get doggie bags to take home..

22. All of those recipes look absolutely fantastic. Especially the turkey chili and the lightened up leftover turkey salad. Yum!

23. Thanks for these awesome recipes! I love turkey, but there’s only so many turkey sandwiches you can eat.

24. My husband is going to love this. So many great recipes for leftover turkey.

25. This is just what I needed. We always have a ton of turkey left over after Thanksgiving. Now I can make some really great dishes with it!

26. Thanks for the awesome ideas. My husband would eat turkey sandwiches until the end of time, but I’d like to do something a little different with the leftovers.

You could always leave some turkey for him for sandwiches and then make something for you with the rest of it. :)

27. Awesome for sure! These looks delish. Love the recipes, great ideas and so clever! My favorite one would be Turkey Chili Recipe :)

28. Soup is our go-to turkey leftover. mmmmmmmmmmm. Now I’m going to call my momma and ask her to cook up a turkey because Canada. Thanksgiving came and went last month and all you guys are making me hungry! lol

29. Every one of these recipes seems delicious! My favorites are turkey burger & stuffing.

30. Amy Desrosiers says:

Darn, you are torturing me here with all these amazingly yummy dishes! Not sure which i’d make first!

31. Hi Dawn,

Oh my goodness these all look so yummy! We always make turkey sandwiches the next day. I love the stuffing cups and turkey pot pie recipes!

Thanks for sharing! Hope you’re having a great week!

32. Vesper Meikle says:

some good ideas here – I like the chili recipe especially

33. Never heard of Turkey burger!