Well, we made it through Thanksgiving. For people who are actively dieting, that is no easy feat. I will admit, I blew my diet hard a bit during the holiday and am working hard to get back on track. I imagine many of you are in the same boat. We are all in this together, right? So today I am going to share with you some holiday diet tips that I am using to help me get through the rest of this holiday season without destroying all of the progress that I have made so far.
Holiday Diet Tips To Keep You From Blowing Your Weight Loss Goals
1. Drink plenty of water – I tell you what, water is so good for you. And, I really feel so much fuller and eat less when I drink a lot of water.
2. Make potlucks easier – Potlucks are so hard when you are dieting. People often bring the most tempting and fattening foots that you can imagine. So, why not bring something that you know is diet friendly like salads, fruits and veggies plates. All of these can work for you if you prepare them correctly without all the extra dressing, cheese, etc.
3. Moderation – So you have to try grandma’s macaroni salad, right? Why not just try a bite or two? There is no reason that you need to fill up a ginormous bowl and eat all of it. You can totally have some and not feel deprived if you plan for it in advance and just don’t eat a ton.
4. Tell people you are dieting – Many people will be really supportive if you let them know that you will not be eating certain foods and the reason why. People who really care about you will also care about your health goals and will want to support you.
5. Save cheating for special events – I think most people cheat on diets. It’s natural. If you are going to cheat, save your cheat days for special events. Don’t cheat at home.
6. Carry Medifast Go! bars and snacks in your purse – Sometimes you get caught up and can spend hours away from home doing holiday things. Make sure that you have Medifast Go! bars and snacks in your purse for those times when you get hungry. Then you won’t be as tempted to buy something that you know you shouldn’t be having. After all, we all love convenience, right? Especially during the holiday season when everything else can seem so hectic and disorganized.
Try Medifast Go! For 7 Days: Discount Code!
What Are Your Holiday Diet Tips
Do you have any tips to help me and others reading this stay on track this holiday season. I can definitely use all the support and advice that I can get as I am sure others can, too. 🙂
*Average weight loss for Medifast Direct® customers using Medifast Go™ is 11 pounds. Medifast Direct customers are in weight loss, on average, for 8 weeks.