6 Easy Play Dough Recipes + 5 Fun Play Dough Activities

6 Easy Play Dough Recipes For National Play-Doh Day | Cheap Is The New Classy

Do you remember playing with Play Dough as a child? I know I do. It was all fun and games until you left the top off and it got gross and crunchy. Well, never fear – making yours at home is super easy with these 6 play dough recipes that we have for you today. What’s even better? If it does get gross and crunchy, you can easily make more.

6 Easy Play Dough Recipes

How To Make Homemade Playdough: 6 Easy Play Dough Recipes For National Play-Doh Day | Cheap Is The New Classy
How To Make Homemade Playdough | Stockpiling Moms

2 Ingredient Play Dough | 6 Easy Play Dough Recipes For National Play-Doh Day | Cheap Is The New Classy
2 Ingredient Silky Smooth Homemade Play Dough Recipe | Happy Mothering

September 16th is National Play-Doh Day! So, if you are in the mood to celebrate, you can either go buy some Play-Doh or you can whip up a batch of play dough at home with one of these 6 play dough recipes. For those of you with kids, I bet they would love to help make some play dough!

How To Make Aromatherapy Play Dough: 6 Easy Play Dough Recipes For National Play-Doh Day | Cheap Is The New Classy
How to Make Aromatherapy Play Dough
| Life With Lovebugs

Edible Peanut Butter Playdough: 6 Easy Play Dough Recipes For National Play-Doh Day | Cheap Is The New Classy
Edible Peanut Butter Playdough | More than a Mom of Three

Edible Play Dough! How cool is this! If you let the kids help make some play dough, you can always eat it after you are done playing with it. Then you don’t have to worry about finding this in the carpet or the dog’s fur a month later. I think that’s a win-win. Wouldn’t you agree?

DIY Kool-Aid Play Dough: 6 Easy Play Dough Recipes For National Play-Doh Day | Cheap Is The New Classy
DIY Kool Aid Play Dough | The Frugal Navy Wife

Homemade Glitter Play Dough: 6 Easy Play Dough Recipes For National Play-Doh Day | Cheap Is The New Classy
Homemade Glitter Play-doh! | Madame Deals

Have fun making play dough! And don’t forget the cool play dough activities!

Fun Activities With Play Dough

Construction Building with Playdough and Blocks | Learn with Play at Home

Playdough Bugs | Frugal Fun for Boys

Playdough Monsters | The Artful Parent

Potato Heads and Playdough | Happy Hooligans

6 Simple Playdough Activities | Picklebums

Did You Play With Play Dough As A Child?

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for Eat Play Rock and State By State Travel. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, and their fur babies.

Comments

1. That edible peanut butter play-doh is all kinds of awesome. I definitely want to try that one.

2. Amy Desrosiers says:

All these recipes look super cool! I probably would stay clear of the edible play dough as i imagine it would confuse my kids, plus it is sort of gross when you think about it. My kids are constantly dropping theirs all over the place..icck!

3. These are awesome! Thanks for all the great recipes to try. We’ve never made homemade play dough but it seems like something the kids would really enjoy!

4. I love these ideas! I worry about anything edible because we keep trying to keep toys out of the mouth, but it’s nice to know that IF she did eat it, it’s totally safe!

5. Even the bigger kids like to play with Play Dough! Every year my 6th graders make dough and press out little tablets; we write in ancient languages. They LOVE doing this!

6. Playdoh is so much fun, even for adults! I love these recipes!

7. This came at a great time! I was just going to look up playdough recipes because I need to get some for my daughter! YEah! Thank you!

8. We have done the peanut butter play dough it was fun!!! Great roundup here.

9. I would love to make play dough with my son. I think he would enjoy it and we have some nice scents of essential oils at home.

10. I have made homemade Playdoh with my kids several times. It’s so much fun to make and to play with.

11. What a great round up of different Playdoh recipes. We have to give the DIY Kool Aid Play Dough a try, my kids would love that one.

12. I’ve always meant to yet I’ve never tried to make my own. Great list here, I Might have to try a couple of these!

13. My kids loved making playdoh when they were little. It is just more fun to play with if it doesn’t come out of a can.

14. I have always wanted to make our own play dough but have never done it… it is totally time I jump in and do it… :)

15. Ann BAcciaglia says:

I loved to make play dough when my kids were little. I think it is great there are different recipes now. If my kids were still little, I would make them all,.

16. Aromatherapy play dough is a great idea! The kids can have fun, and the house can smell awesome!

17. Peanut butter play dough is a great idea. It’s a universal law that kids always eat play dough. It’s like gravity.

Just like they stick gum in their hair. I guess you just haven’t had a complete childhood unless you have done all these things.

18. These are all great ideas. I love coloring the play dough with kool aid. Very clever.

19. Edible play dough is genius! I’ve never met a kid that hasn’t eaten play dough at least once. Now, we don’t have to worry if they scarf it when we aren’t looking!

20. I think edible play dough is the greatest idea in the history of parenting. Kids ALWAYS eat the play dough.

21. This is a great post. I love making my own things whenever possible. Now I can add play dough to the list.

22. I want to try the aromatherapy version. That sounds pretty heavenly!

23. Very cool! I love the aromatherapy play dough. Will definitely give that one a try. The edible play dough would be a challenge. I would probably eat it before kids could play with it! :)

24. You know, I don’t remember if I did or not. My daughter did play with it but we used the store-bought kinds. The aromatherapy one sounds nice but the edible peanut butter one would worry me if the kids though all play doh was edible…

25. I am 31 and want to play with all of this play dough! Do I have to share the peanut butter one with my kids???

26. This looks like so much fun! I will have to make this for my daughters this weekend.

27. These are some great recipes. My daughter and I make play dough all the time!

28. Pinned this, my kids love play-doh. What a fun activity to make with the kids and have them play with it!

29. My mom always made homemade play dough when I was a kid. I loved the cool aid one because it smelled good.

30. My daughter adores glitter. I want to make the glitter play-dough with her – she would love that!

31. I want to do this with my kids very soon. We go through so much Play-Doh. I’m sick of buying it. I’d much rather make it at home. My mom used to make it with us when my brother and I were little. I remember having a lot of fun.

Yeah, Play-Doh is fun, but it’s not really cheap. I think this is a much more economical option. Plus, who doesn’t like to customize? :)

32. Everything goes in my toddler’s mouth (and do mean EVERYTHING) so that edible peanut butter play dough looks awesome! Definitely checking that out.

Isn’t it funny how toddlers eat everything and then older kids won’t eat anything but pizza, mac n cheese and such? I always found that ironic.

33. I have made homemade play dough once and it was fun. I like the idea of the edible peanut butter play dough. I might just have to make it for my kids this weekend.

34. This is awesome! Too bad my boys are too old for playdough! :-(

35. Jennifer Hiles says:

This is fantastic! Such a coincidence that I should read this today. Play-doh has become my daughter’s favorite “toy” but she tends to leave it places and mix them together quite a bit. My oldest daughter and I found a recipe on-line but it didn’t work! I really want to try to make the Aromatherapy dough!

Trackbacks

1. […] Guacamole Day Trail of Tears Commemoration Day American Legion Day Step Family Day Mayflower Day *National Play Dough Day Working Parents […]