10 Tasty Macaroon Recipes

10 Macaroon Recipes for National Macaroon Day | Cheap Is The New Classy

Did you know that today, May 31st, is National Macaroon Day? For those of you wondering what macaroons are, they are simply flourless cookies. They are made from nuts and many people prefer using coconuts. So, instead of buying some at the store, why not make your own at home? Here are 10 tasty macaroon recipes to get you started.

10 Tasty Macaroon Recipes

10 Macaroon Recipes for National Macaroon Day | Cheap Is The New Classy

Coconut Macaroons | All She Cooks

Raspberry Coconut Macaroons | smitten kitchen

10 Macaroon Recipes for National Macaroon Day | Cheap Is The New Classy

Cranberry Almond Coconut Macaroons | A Family Feast

Fun Fact: It is believed that the macaroon originated in Italy. Macaroon actually originates from the Italian word for “paste,” “maccarone.” Mmmm… doesn’t that sound tasty? Seriously, though, macaroons taste nothing like paste. If you have not tried one before, you definitely should.

Chocolate Macaroon Recipe | Recipes to Cook Good Food

10 Macaroon Recipes for National Macaroon Day | Cheap Is The New Classy

Rose Water Almond Macaroons | Little Miss Celebration

Pistachio Macaroons | Mango & Tomato

10 Macaroon Recipes for National Macaroon Day | Cheap Is The New Classy

Crunchy, Macaroon Cookies | SusieQTpies Cafe

I must admit. I haven’t eaten many macaroons in my day. But staring at these for the past 30 minutes or so has made me want one in the worst way. I don’t have any in the house so I think I will drink some Coconut Mocha Coffee and then roll out to the store later and pick some up.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Macaroons | Wheat Belly

10 Macaroon Recipes for National Macaroon Day | Cheap Is The New Classy

3 Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Macaroon Bars | Frugal Living Mom

Apple Cinnamon Macaroons | Fresh and Natural Foods

What Are Your Favorite Macaroon Recipes?

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for Eat Play Rock and State By State Travel. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her chihuahuas, Puppy Mister and Daisy Baby.

Comments

1. Hi Dawn! I did not know it was National Macaroon day! :) Thank you so much for including my Rosewater Almond macaroons in this great round-up of this fantastic treat. Hope you have a happy Saturday and a wonderful weekend!

2. R U S S says:

Oooh, these are all macaroons with a twist! I’ll share this page with my Mom. She bakes these things + crinkles too.

3. lisa jones says:

OH MY GOD I’M IN HAEVEN Can’t Wait To Make Them ALL LOL! Thank You!

4. Rosewater Macaroons looks so elegant and the chocolate looks the yummiest! Thanks for some good recipes.

5. How often do you taste the macaroons you make when baking to make sure that they’re already in the right and perfect texture as you want?

I am not really sure about that. You may want to go to the site where one of the recipes comes from and ask one of the people who came up with these recipes. I am sure they could offer you far more helpful advice than I can.

6. I love macaroons! They are one of my favorite cookies. Have you made any of these recipes? If so, which is your favorite? These all look amazing!

I have not made any of these myself, yet. These are collected from bloggers around the net. However, I do hope to try some very soon. I haven’t made macaroons at all, lol. *gasp*

7. Wow, I had no idea there were so many varieties of macaroons! Yum!

8. Oh my goodness, everything about these looks delicious. I’ve never made them at home, but I’d love to give it a try.

9. These all look so yummy! I don’t know which one I want to make and devour first….!

10. Donna Quarles says:

OMg they all look so yummy. I think I gained 10 #’s just looking at the pics

11. Linda romer says:

I love macaroons. I have never seen some of these varieties. Will have to try to make them.

12. Yum I love macaroons, although my OH’s not a coconut fan so not keen. I’ll be pinning lots of these recipes for sure.

13. How absolutely delicious! I want to have a bite from each one of them, lol

14. Maria Oller says:

oh Gosh I’m so drooling coconut macaroons bars look soo good. I never to try them all thanks for sharing the recipes.

15. Almond Joy is one of my fav candy bars. These look way better!! Will have to try them out!

16. I love macaroons and this recipe adds different variation and taste to it.

17. Rebecca Swenor says:

Thanks for the recipes I copied and shared the Rose Water Almond Macaroon.

18. Everything looks so good. I love the macaroons with the chocolate.

19. I’ve never tried these before, I will have to pin to try at a later date.

20. I grew up eating macaroons, coconuts were abundant in my country. I didn’t know that there are many ways to make them. All of these a delicious for me.

21. I am gonna try making Macaroons at home and this list are on my choices.

22. I’ve never tried a macaroon before.The chocolate covered sounds pretty good.

23. robyn donnelly says:

All the macaroons look so yummy. I love coconut.

So many recipes. From the fun to unique to flavored. I love that their is a three ingredient featuring chocolate. :) Plus, it’s great that they have children helping, too. What a fun recipe to try!

25. Rebecca Parsons says:

My favorite Macaroons are one you can get in the store lol. I have never even attempted to make them. I really like the looks of the 3 Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Macaroon Bars.

26. Wow what a variety of Macaroons! I’ll take any of them right now! lol

27. Oh my goodness, I love anything coconut and these look sooo good! But I think I’m going to try to make the rose water macaroons. I just love foods with floral notes, they make great treats for a garden parties :)

28. Nikkie Cossairt says:

All of these macaroon recipes sound amazing. Now, I can’t wait for shopping day! You rock!

29. Mahdi Martin says:

The coconut macaroon bars look ridiculously delicious! I’ll have to pin this! I love dark chocolate.

30. Nena Sinclair says:

Macaroons are so wonderful! Now I’m craving them!!