Which Unlimited Plan Saves The Most Cash? #FamilyMobileSaves #sponsored #cbias #shop

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias®  and Walmart Family Mobile.  #FamilyMobileSaves #cbias #SocialFabric

Walmart Family Mobile Unlimited Plans Vs. US Cellular - Price Comparison

A month ago, my wife told you guys that we would be reviewing a new Samsung Galaxy SII smart phone along with the Walmart Family Mobile Plan. Now, since I am the primary user of this phone, I would like to share my thoughts on how well I like the phone and the cheap wireless unlimited plans offered through Walmart Family Mobile.

Walmart Family Mobile Unlimited Plans T-Mobile Apps

I have to have my Carolina Panthers App. :)

Not All Of The “Same” Phones Are Actually The “Same”

Dawn and Amber both had Galaxy SII phones before I got mine, so I knew sort of what to expect from the phone before it arrived. However, I did not know that there were differences in the phones from different carriers. Both Dawn and Amber’s phones are from U.S. Cellular, which is who we have primary service with, and the phone I received is from T-Mobile, who powers the Walmart Family Mobile Unlimited Plans. There were several different pre-loaded applications on my phone that US Cellular’s did not have, some that I found to be very useful, and even the shape of the phones was a bit different. Dawn had purchased a cover for her phone online, only to find when it arrived that it did not fit her phone. Luckily, it fit mine from T-Mobile perfectly!

Walmart Family Mobile Unlimited Plans

Walmart Family Mobile Unlimited Plans: For Convenience and Safety

I absolutely love my new phone! It has so many different useful features that I was not accustomed to on my plain phone from US Cellular. The unlimited plans from Walmart Family Mobile make searching the internet easier and much more convenient since you can really do it anywhere. My phone also came with several free applications that make life easier when you are on the go. My phone has GPS and a navigation tool built right in. I find this feature especially handy because I commute about 35 miles one way to work, into a metropolitan area. Any number of events could delay my getting to work, or cause me to have an accident. I feel safer knowing that GPS could help to locate me if that were to happen. Also, if I forget to call or text Dawn to let her know that I arrived safely at work, she gets a notification on her phone telling her that I did.  Our teen also now has this on her phone. This saves us all a lot of worry!

Walmart Family Mobile Plan

But What About The Service?

Perhaps even more exciting than the phone itself is the service. I haven’t had a single dropped call yet. The Walmart Family Mobile Unlimited Plans send you a convenient text alert to let you know how much your bill is and when it is due. My bill for this first month {partial month service} was only $26.91! And that is with me downloading several apps, games, etc. I used more data than anything, yet my bill was super small, compared to my portion of the U.S. Cellular bill, which probably averages about $45 a month, and that is without a smartphone or data package!

Unlimited Plans Cell Phone Service

How Do I Pay My Bill?

The Walmart Family Mobile Unlimited Plans also make paying your bill easy and convenient, you can call, go online to the My Family Mobile website, or visit the customer service center at your nearest Walmart store to pay. It is that easy! Plus, there is no contract, and as long as you keep your account active, your service will never end! Just simply pay your bill, and pick up where you left off!  So far, I have to give this plan high marks for everything it offers! It is definitely a money saver and probably the best of the unlimited plans that I have ever heard of. I would definitely recommend Walmart Family Mobile Unlimited Plans to anyone. I have even bragged about it at work, and compared cellular bills with some of  my co-workers. Mine is way cheaper than any of their carriers unlimited plans prices!

I just love saving money. How about you? :)

Learn more about my shopping experience on Google+.

Do You Have Any Questions About How The Walmart Family Mobile Unlimited Plans Work?

Walmart Family Mobile T mobile

disclosure-sponsored-post-300x91

Comments

1. Jo-Ann Brightman says:

I ony haver a cell phone and it is time to purchase a better phone. This deal from Walmart sound ideal and I shall discuss it with my husband

2. One of these days, I really need to spend some time checking out walmart’s plans. Especially when my daughter is old enough to have a cell phone.

Definitely. It’s a real money saver. And if you get her a phone and decide she doesn’t get to keep it for whatever reason, then you can drop the plan since there is no contract. :)

3. I keep hearing so many wonderful things about this plan! I am definitely going to try it out! Looks like it saves a lot of money!

4. I’m using the Walmart family mobile plan right now and I have the Samsung Galaxy III phone. I am quite in love! I am able to do so much more with my phone than I could with my old carrier. And FInally I’m not getting dropped calls, or missed phone calls because the stupid phone didn’t ring.

I am glad that you are getting great results. There is no worse feeling than missing an important call only to get an angry voice mail when the phone never even rang.

5. I have to say, this is definitely a better deal (by far) over what I’ve dealing with now. Ugh. If you only knew.

6. I have been looking for a smart phone plan for my kids. This looks perfect.

7. Jenna Wood says:

I think the GPS notification feature is wonderful, I always worry if my other half made it to his destination, he can be so forgetful when it comes to checking in! The Walmart plans really are a good deal, I am just wondering how the data cap might affect our family. The handset selection is certainly comparable to other big no-contract plans!

I know how you feel. When Jay would forget to call me, I would often sit and worry. I mean, who knows what can happen.

We have had no problem with data overage or anything like that. :)

8. I so need to get to Walmart. I just paid my cell phone bill…..it’s way higher and I don’t have data.

9. I love how you said you bragged about it at work. Because really? Who doesn’t want a better cellular plan?

I know, right. What is really crazy is that he said basically no one believed him. The pricing really just seems too good to be true without proof. I even admit that I entered into this review with just a touch of skepticism. It seems companies try to get you with a lot of fine print lately. We have found this to NOT be so with the Walmart Family Plan. In our experience, it is EXACTLY what it claims to be.

10. I have been hearing a lot about these plans. Seems like a great choice for families.

11. How about the reception and overall connection? Can it compete with the other companies?

Definitely. We are all still using US Cellular {which is the company that is pretty much the go to in our area} and neither of us have had problems with reception or connectivity. US Cellular offers really good reception and connectivity from my perspective {I have been with them since 2005 or 2006} and I can notice no difference as far as that goes between T-Mobile and US Cellular.

Where T-Mobile wins hands down is price. There is just really no competition. You can see the pricing break down details in my first post which can be found by following the link in this article if you are interested.

I hope that answered your question. :)

12. i have been hearing a lot about this, good to know!!

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

13. it’s about time for the hubby to get a new phone so we’ll add this to our considerations.

14. What a great deal!!

15. I’m so glad to hear about your positive experience! I’ve been wanting to find a more affordable option for my family, compared to our outrageous contract bill with data plans for the whole family. Overages are always something I’m conscientious about, especially with two teens on their own phones! This plan sounds like a perfect match for us :)

16. annie page says:

Sounds like a good deal but is it good all over like say verizon I know it is one of the more espensivesive ones but it seems to work every where and does not go down in storms and hurricans like some do in the area I live in. Plus my phone is on her family plan and with 4 phones 3 with data because I don’t care for one we pay less then 45 each thanks for your review but knowing the area it covers is an important thing to customers not that it works for you in your area.

You make a good point. I can’t really tell you how it will work in the rest of the country since I don’t live there. I can really only share my honest experience. However, if you want to check out more stories from other people all over the country you can search #FamilyMobileSaves on Twitter, and get way more opinions that just my own.

Here is also a link to the Walmart Family Mobile Coverage Map. I hope that helps.

17. natalie parvis says:

I would definitely consider this, but I refuse to step foot in Walmart stores. I used to be a very frequent shopper there but I got tired of their terrible customer service. When I wrote them about some of the specific events, they didn’t even respond. So seriously. I hate Walmart because they don’t care about their customers. I wonder if any other stores provide services such as this.

Add Comment Register