Marilyn Monroe – Fashion Goddess ~
Recently, TLC wrote a very attention-worthy article about how the phenomenal Marilyn Monroe was such a brilliant icon in the fashion industry. The article consisted of 10 steps that Marilyn herself took to be such a fashionable idol. Here is my summary of the article with other gorgeous pictures that I found of Marilyn Monroe. I hope you find all these amazing tips just as helpful as I did!
10. Embrace your curves - It tells you that Marilyn herself never wore baggy sweatpants or shirts, instead, she embraced her curves and wore clothing that hugged them. I agree with this. Just because you aren’t a size zero, doesn’t mean that you can’t show off the body that you were blessed with. You are beautiful no matter what size you are; you should feel empowered by the body you have. Marilyn Monroe obviously wasn’t a size zero, and yet many men worshiped her (and her body).
9. Accessorize – This means that, in order to spice up an old boring outfit, you should get something (anything!) to make it “pop” a little more. For instance, you can add something as little as a necklace, ring, or bracelet to any outfit in order catch the viewers attention.
8. Find your signature style - It is well known that Marilyn had many styles that were her own. For instance, even to this day, when we see someone in a halter dress, it sparks a memory of Marilyn Monroe and her famous white halter dress. The key to this is to find things that you like (this can include colors, styles, etc.) and run with them! You can base your entire wardrobe off of one certain color and BOOM!, you have your own personal signature style.
7. Wear Red – Marilyn Monroe was obviously famous for the pale skin that she wore so well, and matching it with the bright and noticeable lipstick that she also wore so well. Another thing that they mention is to make sure that you don’t overdue it. Red is great and sexy, but you don’t want to show up to a dinner party in nothing but red. This could be a disaster. Just a little bit of red here and there and you will look stunning.
6. Accentuate a Beauty Mark – We all know that one of the most things we remember Ms. Monroe for was her famous Beauty Mark. TLC claims that people should embrace the one you have or… fake it. Why not? All it takes is a few simple strokes of liquid eyeliner. Just make sure to not go overboard!
5. Short hair is sexy – I couldn’t agree more! I’ve seen some women that look better with short hair then men! In today’s society, it is commonly said that long hair is sexy. People often forget that short hair can be just as sexy… or sexier. Sure it might take a little more maintenance, but in the end it could be worth it.
4. Be a sweetheart – This step tells about how we are all very aware of the fact that Marilyn was a lover of anything that showed off her cleavage, but she didn’t it in a “vampy not trampy” type way. It’s okay to look sexy and show some skin, but don’t go overboard. Then, people might get the wrong idea about you. The title of this step might have gotten it’s name when talking about the “sweetheart” neckline ( a thing that Marilyn wore often).
3. Put on a Peep Show – No, it’s not what you think! Marilyn was popular for her peep-toe shoes that she wore so often and so well!
2. Bare your arms – Don’t be afraid to show your arms! Whether you are a size 2 or a size 22, this look will make you look fabulous. It “draws attention to the face and generously skims the tummy.”
1. Structure Your Look – Marilyn was famous for her hourglass figure, but this didn’t just happen. She had the help of things such as corsets and girdles. Today, in the modern world, we can get less obvious things such as Spanx which can come in handy!