Summer will soon be coming to a close, but there is still time to get your travel on. If you are looking for a place to go where you can relax and also stay active, consider Hilton Head. Check out these Hilton Head fitness tips that will give you great ideas to help you stay active on your next trip to the ocean.
Hilton Head Fitness Tips: Ways To Stay Active On Vacation
Pickleball is one of many activities that all ages can enjoy to stay fit while on vacation at Palmetto Dunes on Hilton Head Island. Relaxation may be your main goal when on vacation, but on Hilton Head Island, you can do that AND stay fit at the same time.
At Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort on Hilton Head Island, S.C., named the No. 1 Island in the Continental U.S. by Travel+Leisure, you’ll never run out of active things to do across 2,000 acres and 3 miles of beach.
Here are 5 ways to get in your workout while enjoying the island:
1. Ride a Bike – Rent bikes from Hilton Head Outfitters (delivered direct to your rental) to traverse the 5 miles of paved bike paths within the resort and 50 miles across the entire island.
2. Try Stand up Paddleboarding – Head over to Shelter Cove Harbor to try this superfit workout while enjoying Hilton Head’s marshes and plentiful wildlife.
3. Reel in a Big One – Rent poles from Hilton Head Outfitters or enjoy a guided fishing charter within the resort’s 11-mile inland lagoon system. Guests can also choose to head out into the deep sea on a charter out of Shelter Cover Harbour.
4. Take a Swing at Golf – Best known for its world-class golf, visitors have a trio of courses to choose from designed by three legends of the game: Robert Trent Jones, Arthur Hills and George Fazio. The Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy is provides quality golf lessons, instruction and support, offering nine distinct programs for golfers of all ages.
5. Up Your Tennis Game – Enjoy two hours of free tennis or pickleball court time daily when you reserve a vacation rental through the resort and join in one of many daily lessons, clinics or round robins. At the Palmetto Dunes Tennis & Pickleball Center, visitors can also check out the free weekly equipment demonstration on Tuesdays or the Monday night Happy Hour. The resort now offers pickleball and POP Tennis — ideal for all ages — on its courts, as well. Palmetto Dunes has been ranked among “The 50 Greatest U.S. Tennis Resorts” by Tennis Magazine with many visitors planning full tennis vacations.
When visiting Hilton Head Island and Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, plan on relaxing and having fun … but don’t plan on getting soft.