It’s a fact, kids love to play outside in the summer. All that sun, all those water activities. All that fun! If you are trying to think of something new for the kiddos to do outside this summer, check out our 10 Awesome Summer Outdoor Activities For Kids. Feel free to add more in the comments, too!
10 Awesome Summer Outdoor Activities For Kids
1. Scavanger Hunt – I love doing this with my kids. I think it makes them pay more attention to their surroundings. You can get them to find stuff that is always in your yard, like a pine cone or you can put stuff out for them to find. I like to use objects that are already in my yard.
2. Hide And Go Seek In The Dark – My kids love this game. When they were younger, the seeker would use a flashlight to find them. Now that they are teens, they don’t use flashlights and they have to catch the person they find. The boys even hide in the trees.
3. H2OGO! Double Slider Water Slide – The kids love the speed ramp that is attached to the H20GO! Double Water Slide. Two people can go down at once, but the kids I babysit like to go down the middle of it one at a time. Either way, it’s lots of fun. The thing I love about this water slide, is you use water to hold it down, not a bunch of stakes. I thought that was pretty cool and safer.
4. Camping In The Backyard – This is another thing my kids are huge fans of. After setting up the tent, we put a tv in there that has a dvd player connected to it. The kids get their sleeping bags, we roast marshmallows, and they watch movies until they fall asleep. They really rough it the nights they camp out in the yard, can’t you tell?
5. Water Fight – You can use water balloons or water guns. Either way you are looking at a great time.
6. H2OGO! Tether Ball Splash – Tether ball is lots of fun. When you add a ball that shoots water out of it, it is a blast! The kids I babysit love this. They get soaked and they play so hard, they are usually ready for a nap after they get done, which is great for me!! This is weighed down by water too. I love that feature!
7. Mother, May I? – When my kids were younger, they loved playing this. The kids would start at the same spot and I would say things like take 6 bunny hops. If they don’t say Mother May I before hopping, they would have to go back to where they were at the beginning of the game. If they do say Mother May I, I say yes you may. Then they hop 6 times to me. Who ever touches me first wins.
8. Playing In The Rain – When it is raining, not pouring or storming, go outside and play with your kids. Basketball, tag, or anything. The girls really love to dance and sing in the rain.
9. Chalk Drawings On The Sidewalk Or Driveway – My daughter sometimes draws little roads for her and her brother to follow on the skooter or skateboard. She also draws a hop scotch board for them to play on. Her favorite thing is to draw anime, though. Then when it rains, she gets to do it all again.
10. H2OGO! Color Wave Pool – The reason I love the H2OGO! Color Wave Pool from Bestway is because it is a great size (110in. x 62in. x 18 in.) and I love the fact that it lights up at night. Add a beach ball to the mix, and you are looking at a great time. I think the lights add, not only fun, but also a bit of safety.