Why Cincinnati Reds Games Are For Girls, Too #sponsored #SpringInCincy

Why Cincinnati Reds Games Are For Girls, TooCheap Is The New Classy

This past weekend, my friend Laura from Another Cent Saved and I got to do something really cool. We got to go to a Major League Baseball game. I had only ever been to one in my life. As a teen, I got to see a game at Wrigley Field. This past weekend, we saw the Cincinnati Reds play the Chicago Cubs.

I admit, I don’t know a ton about baseball. That’s ok. If you aren’t a huge sports fan, I think a professional baseball game can still be a ton of fun for you. Let me share with you why.

Why Cincinnati Reds Games Are For Girls, Too

Cincinnati Reds Game: The Shopping

Ok, ladies. Which of you doesn’t like to shop? Yeah, not many. The Cincinnati Reds have a really nice shop to enjoy. The hubs wanted a hat and I was able to get him that and a few post cards. You might remember that I really love Disney Pins. Well, guess what? The Cincinnati Reds have a ton to choose from. I left with 4 new pins for my collection. I spent around $20 total for all the pins and $20 for Jay’s hat. Pretty good, eh? :)

Cincinnati Reds Game: The Food

Let’s not forget Amber. She couldn’t think of what she wanted as a souvenir. So, as Laura and I went for our hunt for food, we found the perfect thing for Amber, too. I bought myself nachos in a helmet. I thought it was pretty cool to get myself some game food and also Amber a souvenir for one price {I think it was $16 total}. Laura also got some kind of hot dog that she shared with me. They also sold pizza, chicken tenders and all kinds of other food.

Why Cincinnati Reds Games Are For Girls, Too

Why Cincinnati Reds Games Are For Girls, Too

Cincinnati Reds Game: The Atmosphere

Oh man, you would be hard pressed to find a prettier place to watch a game. We were up high enough to where we could see the river beside the stadium. Our hotel was directly on the other side of the river from the stadium. The weather was perfect with a clear sky and a little chilly – just like I like it.

Why Cincinnati Reds Games Are For Girls, Too

Cincinnati Reds Game: The History

I really enjoyed looking at all of the statues around the outside of the field. It’s kind of like going to a small sports museum. There were also plaques with fun facts and info that I think most people will enjoy. If you love to learn or if you want to bone up on your Cincinnati Reds trivia, be sure to arrive to the game with enough time to peruse the area thoroughly first.

Why Cincinnati Reds Games Are For Girls, Too

I would definitely go back to a professional baseball game. It was a lot of fun and I especially love the pins that I bought. My husband has also been wearing his hat every since I bought it.

Socialize With The Cincinnati Reds

Facebook / Twitter

Socialize With Cincinnati USA

Facebook / Twitter

Have You Ever Been To A Cincinnati Reds Game? Or Any Other Major League Baseball Game?

disclosure-sponsored-post-300x91

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for Eat Play Rock and State By State Travel. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her chihuahuas, Puppy Mister and Daisy Baby.

Comments

1. I love baseball! Sounds like you guys had a great time

2. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

I love going to Red Sox games! Baseball is totally for girls, too :)

3. What a fantastic sounding game – it always amazes me how much there seems to be go on at these matches.

4. When I lived in Atlanta, we would go to Braves games all the time. I have not taken my kids to a ball game in a long time. I think it is time to change that!

My daughter went to an Braves game a few years ago and enjoyed it. I also went to a game at Wrigley Field as a teen. That is the extent of our MLB experience, though. Hopefully we will get to go to another game soon.

5. This sounds so much fun I would want to go, girls enjoy baseball too!!!

6. This sounds like a great experience! We love baseball, but I am still not brave enough to go to a game with the girls- too long in the hot sun!

Our game started about 7ish in the evening, so that was great for us. With fair skin, I don’t like being in the sun too long either.

7. In all honesty, my biggest complaint about these places is that they don’t have a better beer selection. You couldn’t pay me to drink Bud or Heineken. Give me enough cheese, however, and I might forget to complain. ;)

Oh man. I wish I had paid better attention to that so I could give you an idea of what they offered. I did see people carrying beer around and there were the stands where you could buy it, but I am not sure what they offered. So sorry.

8. I know some girls who would love to hang out at the games with you! They definitely are not just for boys!

9. The game would be so much more fun with girls than guys! Great photos and yes it’s a girls night out time of thing! Really fun post :)

10. I need to visit a game for summer. Nothing is better than relaxing and having fun with our family.

11. Those helmet nachos look really good. Now I’m craving some!

12. Sounds like you had a great time. A great trip for the whole family.

13. Shauna says:

You know, I have never been to a game, but wouldn’t mind going. Sounds like a great time and those nachos look delicious.

14. I’ve never attended these events but they look like a lot of fun. I like snacks and having a good time any evening.

15. I’ve been to several MLB games. I love baseball! I’ve never been to a Cincy game, but it looks so fun!

16. I would love to go there sometime. I think it would be fun to be able to bring my girls. Those nachos sure look delicious! I wish I could have some now.

17. I went to a Yankees game once a few years ago and it was the first professional game I had been to. I loved it and would love to go to another game

18. what a beautiful stadium! My boys would love to go there and watch a ball game.

19. thelesleyshow says:

If I ever go to Cincinnati, I will be sure check out this ballpark. The pictures are beautiful!

The view was breathtaking! I would definitely sit a little high up if you go so you can really get a good view.

20. Those nachos looked really good, I’ve been dying for a nice bowl of nachos for a while now!

21. I love the helmet nachos!! That is a nice ball park I love the view that it has!

22. Looks like a awesome time! Baseball is definitely for girls too! Now, I’m a Cards fan so won’t hold being a Reds fan against you. ;-)

23. Those nachos alone would be reason enough for me to go! They look yummy!

24. Ann Bacciaglia says:

This would be a great way to spend the day. I can remember going to Baseball games with my Dad when i was little. We would go and see the Toronto Blue Jays play.

25. I love a good baseball game! I enjoy that the game moves slowly and gives me plenty of time to chat and socialize!

It’s definitely more laid back than a lot of sporting events I have gone to in the past – definitely my style.

26. My family and I enjoy going to baseball games. It is a great way to spend a summer day. A game and some delicious ball park food.

27. Its never for the boys or girls only – everyone would love to enjoy this as well.

That is definitely true. I grew up thinking that sports were mostly for boys, but that is not the case at all. :)

28. The women in my family are all New York Yankee fans – and so are the men! We love going to baseball games!

29. WOW – looks like an overall awesome experience. The shopping, the environment, the game – I can’t think of a better family day out

30. Amy Desrosiers says:

Confession time-I love baseball games because they have the BEST food ever and atmosphere! I would totally love to visit your team’s park!

It definitely has an awesome atmosphere! And there really is nothing like the food at the game. :D

31. Those nachos look amazing! I love baseball season, at the games they have the best foods! Just wish it wasn’t so pricey, yikes

32. Christine says:

I haven’t been to a baseball game in a long time. We have the AZ Diamondbacks here and the games are super fun. Always exciting to watch!

33. It looks like you had a great time. I would love to attend a Baseball game one day. It must be fun

34. Nope, never been to a major league game but it sounds like fun. I enjoy watching baseball. Love the helmet nachos!!

35. I have never been to a major league Baseball game. However, I enjoy my girls local softball games. Hopefully some day I will make it to the major league.

36. Looks like a great time. I like watching baseball in person :)