Jump Start Your Pets’ Healthy Lifestyle: Science Diet 10 Week Turnaround #ad #PerfectWeight

This post is sponsored by Hill’s. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Hill’s® Science Diet® Perfect Weight 10 Week Turnaround, but Cheap Is The New Classy only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. is not responsible for the content of this article.

Natural Solutions For Active Dogs With Joint Pain #sponsored

If you are like me, you have tried to lose weight at some point in your life. It’s tough. Not only for we human beings, but for our pet friends, too. So, we sometimes need to help our furry friends shed excess pounds until it turns into a life changing problem. And you can jump start that road to a healthy weight with the Science Diet 10 Week Turnaround.

Did you know that only 5 extra pounds on a small dog {like Puppy Mister} can be the equivalent of over 30 extra pounds on a human? That is a lot of weight for someone to have to carry around. That is why Hill’s® Science Diet® Perfect Weight is hosting the 10 Week Turnaround. It’s never too late to meet your fitness goals and to help your fur babies get fit, too.

daisy standing for a treat

Did you know that more than 50% of pets are overweight?

But that doesn’t mean they have to stay overweight. 70% of cats and dogs who used Science Diet Perfect Weight lost weight within 10 weeks. That’s a lot of healthier cats and dogs. Pets can lose weight with Science Diet Perfect Weight because of the breakthrough blend of natural ingredients. Who doesn’t want to eat food that is natural and tastes good?

Science Diet 10 Week Turnaround

Winter Is No Excuse To Be A Couch Potato

I know that it has been snowing in many parts of the country lately. Sure, the weather may not have been optimal for taking our small dogs out for a walk. I mean, it’s hard to walk when the snow is over your head, right? But that is no excuse to let your dog be a couch potato.

My dogs love to play community watch, especially Daisy. She loves to run from window to window and look out and let us know what is going on outside. Sometimes one of us will go outside and yell up to the window at her and then when she “catches” us, we move to another window. She loves this! Daisy, and all of her 14 pounds, are guarding the house. :)

Hill’s Science Diet also has a ton of other ideas to help you get started exercising with your pet or just to change the routine up a bit.

Science Diet 10 Week Turnaround

Science Diet 10 Week Turnaround

Not only can you help your dog exercise for better health. You can also feed your cat or dog great food that can make the road to a healthy weight easier to attain. There is even a new weight loss dog food specifically designed for small and toy dogs out now from Science Diet. Science Diet Perfect Weight dog and cat food includes prebiotic fibers to help in gentle digestion that is 100% precisely balanced nutrition.

Small and toy dogs make up 40% of the dog population. I mean, look how cute they are! Feed them well so they can live long, active and healthy lives. You can get Hill’s Science Diet Small and Toy Breed Formula in 4 lb. and 15 lb. bag sizes from your vet and specialty pet stores.

Can’t Tell If Your Pet Is Overweight

The BCS {Body Condition Score} is a good place to start as weight is not always a good indicator of pet overall health. Veterinarians use both the 5 and 9 point scale, so keep that in mind. Of course your vet is the best person to decide if your pet needs to lose a few pounds, but this is a good place for you to start.

science diet logo

Socialize With Science Diet

Facebook

disclosure-sponsored-post-300x91

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for Eat Play Rock and State By State Travel. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, and their fur babies.

Comments

1. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

I have never tried Science Diet before. It sounds like a great brand, so I should try this with our dog.

2. It has been a long, miserable winter and it does make it hard for people to get out and move. My dog is a 200lb St Bernard though and he LOVES the snow. lol…he’s been keeping up with his exercise routine! It’s me that’s lacking! lol Thanks for the info on the BCS!

3. Karen Glatt says:

I take my dog for tons of walks because it is good for him, and I make sure that he does not over eat and I do not give him human food. I think a lot of people think it is okay to give the dog some of their dinner, but it is not healthy for a dog. I like Science diet! It is very good dog food!

4. By just looking at the Dog you wouldn’t be able to tell he’s overweight. I’m interested to see how well this Product will work

5. OUr cat is overweight, but she does not go outside as much in the winter. OUr dog is a little over weight as well. Hmm what reflection is that on us?

6. We feed out kitties Science diet as well. They really love it.

7. Of the 7 pets we have, I think only 4 of them are at a super healthy weight. The others always pack on the winter weight (even though the vets says they are still at a good weight).

8. Sadly, my cat Hazel is quite overweight and I need to get on top of the issue. I would love to get her started on the Science Diet foods for cats.

9. I had no clue that there are that many pets over weight. I will have to look into this program for my mom’s doggy.

10. This is great advice for people too! haha. Winter is always my excuse for not being more active.

Oh me, too. And with the weather recently in many places, the weather is so easy to use as an excuse.

11. I didn’t know weight problems were so prevalent for pets. Looking after their weights should definitely be made a priority!

12. Thanks for the tips. I know my friends has been working with a cat to promote a healthier lifestyle.

13. Ah how sweet. I used to give my cat this brand food when she was alive.

14. I agree that it is hard for pets to lose weight but we are very lucky in that our little Allie hasn’t had that problem. But I know some pets do.

15. WE love Science Diet in our house. It is what we have always fed our kitties.

16. It’s nice to see this issue getting some positive attention. My grandparents spoiled their dogs rotten, and loved them so. While 99% of the ways they did that were wonderful, they also fed them table food and they got overweight. It was harder to take it off than they thought, and they felt like they were depriving the dogs doing so. Best to feed them right from the get-go, but if you’re already goofed, it’s nice to have an easier way to rectify it. :)

17. Debbie Denny says:

I like this kind. I will feed my dog this when I get a new one.

I didn’t realize 50% were overweight. It can be hard with small animals; a little extra weight really adds up and can be dangerous. I like that pet foods are stepping up to make better formulas and tools to help.

19. Sounds like a great plan for animals who need it for sure!

20. My pets are actually at a good weight, but I should probably tell my mom about this. Gently, I might add. Her dog could definitely stand to lose a few pounds.

21. What a great way to get your pet back to a healthy weight. Pet owners will love this.

22. It is important to realize that we need to be careful about what we feed our pets. Weight, diet and exercise are important for our pets just as it is important for us.

23. Making sure that Diesel stays within his weight range is so important to us. Excessive weight is so hard on dogs.

24. Karen Glatt says:

I think it is very important to make sure to get good dog food like Hills Science. I take my dog for a walk all the time and make sure to give him good dog food!

25. This was one of the dog food that we fed our dog when we had one. It’s really good food and I highly recommend it.

26. When we had our pets, we took their health serious and served them food that was a benefit to their health and teeth.

27. This is great to know…I wonder if my fur baby could lose a few? Haha!

28. You have such a sweet looking dogs I’m glad you found a product that works for them

29. Ooh! One of my cats may be fat! I need to look at her diet!

30. laurie damrose says:

I will try this for our dog because my hubby tries to feed him regular food too much.

31. Michelle S says:

I am glad that Science Diet has taken an active interest in the health and weight issues of dogs and trying to get people and their pets on track.

32. Wow, I had no idea that 5 lbs on a small dog could make that much of a difference. Our medium-sized dog (she weighed about 12 lbs at last checkup) has put on some weight. I’ll have to keep a better eye on it.

33. I have one of my dogs on this diet. I sure hope that it works for her :)

34. My dog is doing this too. She actually lost a couple of pounds :)

Trackbacks

1. […] weight is tough. And exercising can seem like a real pain when you first start out. But it is so important that our fluffs remain a healthy weight. Why? Well, did you know that just five extra pounds on a small dog is over 30 extra pounds on a […]