Recently, my family, a friend, and I got the great opportunity to go to Wet’n Wild Emerald Pointe and enjoy all the watery fun they had to offer! Thankfully we picked a wonderful day to go. The park was extremely crowded, the weather was nice and hot, and there was a slight breeze. It was a little cloudy, but it never rained and made for a perfect day.
Family Fun At Wet ‘N Wild Emerald Pointe
The first thing my friend and I did was go to Thunder Bay. I have been to Emerald Pointe a few times before, but she hadn’t. So, a wave pool was a whole new experience for her. She loved it! In fact, she said it was her favorite feature of the park. She loved swimming around into the deepest parts, and then jumping the waves at last minute. We had a blast. Meanwhile, my parents enjoyed
loafing sitting on the comfy lounge chairs under big umbrellas to avoid sunburn.
Next, I took her down what is personally my favorite slide: Dr. Von Dark’s Tunnel of Terror. I love the slide because it is completely dark and it is impossible to tell what direction you will be going next. Although I am extremely claustrophobic and usually can’t stand to be in an enclosed tube slide, I can stand this one because it is big and spacious so I don’t feel too scared. Just scared enough.
Then, we decided to enjoy a few laps in the Lazy River. We got in our tubes and chilled out as we slowly drifted along the water. This is always one of my favorite features of the park because it gives you a few moments to relax, catch your breath, and soak up the sun.
A little bit after that, my parents decided they wanted a go at the Thunder Bay. Meanwhile, my friend and I decided to lay on the lounge chairs and soak up some sun for a bit. Sadly, I got too relaxed and fell asleep. A few hours later, I was feeling the burn.
Some great things about Wet ‘n Wild Emerald Pointe that you might not know about are:
- You can find life jackets in every size all around the park. These are great for young children, but also for anyone who doesn’t feel too confident in their swimming abilities.
– If you forget your sunscreen or tanning oil, you can find some in the park at the gift shop! That’s what I should have done.
– The park sells souvenir cups that allow you to get refills all season long. Also, if you buy more than one, you get a discount.
– There are life guards stationed at every attraction, including the slides.
– If your family gets hungry, you can find anything from funnel cakes to pizza for sell in the park. They also have cabanas and picnic areas.
– Lastly, there are a multitude of pools of every depth found around the park.
Overall, we had a wonderful time and can’t wait to go back again as soon as possible! My friend also enjoyed her first experience at Wet’n Wild Emerald Pointe and hopes to return again soon.
Get Your Emerald Pointe 2015 Season Passes Now
You can get season passes for next year now for only $69.99! Just go to the Wet ‘n Wild Emerald Pointe site and click on “Tickets and Season Passes.”