Anyone that knows me will tell you that I have super long hair. It has been for years – it’s just my thing. Super long hair isn’t particularly unmanageable, in my opinion, but you do have to keep it healthy. Otherwise it breaks off and you will never get much length to it. The first thing to growing super long hair is to start with the basics, you want to make sure that you use a good shampoo and conditioner to give your hair a great start.
How To Grow Super Long Hair
I have had super long hair for years. Here are tips for growing super long hair that have worked for me.
1. Don’t Wash It Everyday – Washing your hair everyday is hard on it. I wash mine every 2-4 days, depending on how oily it is. The older I have gotten, the less oily it has gotten.
2. Take vitamins – I take a daily multivitamin. I haven’t always done this, but when I do, I find that my hair and nails are healthier.
3. Be careful what styling products you use – Many products contain chemicals that are hard on your hair. Because of this, I am very selective about what products I use on my hair.
4. Cholesterol is good – No. Not heart damaging cholesterol, the kind you buy for hair. I use it once a month or so to help keep my hair soft.
5. Use a pick – I have used a brush on my hair a lot, and I have one that I am particularly fond of, but I find that a pick works easier to get tangles out.
6. Wear it in a bun – Putting my hair in a bun at night helps to keep it from becoming a tangled mess while I sleep. Then it isn’t such a hassle in the morning.
7. Never brush it while it’s wet – This is a rule that I do not always follow, but I show. Brushing and combing your hair while it is bad for it because it is more elastic then. But that doesn’t mean it will necessarily bounce back.
8. Avoid the heat – Blow dryers, flat irons, curling irons – it all damages your hair. If you must use these, please try to use a cream or serum to protect your hair before use and make sure to do conditioning treatments ever so often to repair damage.
9. Use chemicals sparingly – Back in the day I used to perm and color treat my hair. It was a mess and brittle when I touched it. Ah, the 90s, and it’s horridly unhealthy hair. Since then, I haven’t permed my hair in years and the last time I colored it was perhaps a year or two ago. My hair is much healthier because of it.
10. Back to the basics – Make sure to select a great shampoo and conditioner to give your hair growing venture a great start.
Did you know that Clear Scalp and Hair products are currently on Rollback at Walmart for $4.48? You can save even more on Clear Scalp and Hair products with the handy coupon below!
Save $1.50 when you buy any Clear product at Walmart. Clear gently cleanses and nourishes the scalp for hair that’s 10x more resilient, strong, and beautiful. Clear is the first and only hair care range with Nutrium 10 and is currently on rollback exclusively at Walmart for $4.48.