Quick And Easy Vegetarian Nachos Recipe #sponsored #BeyondMeat

Quick and Easy Vegetarian Nachos Recipe #sponsored #BeyondMeat

If you are a vegetarian, that doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on nachos. BeyondMeat helped us create this great vegetarian nachos recipe that is just as tasty {if not more so} than the original. P.S. No animals were harmed in the making of this recipe. πŸ˜‰

Quick and Easy Vegetarian Nachos Recipe #sponsored #BeyondMeat

We love nachos. Traditionally my husband makes them with real beef. However, though not strict vegetarians, we do like to make vegetarian choices where we can. So, when we were invited to try BeyondMeat for ourselves, we were happy to give it a spin.

Soy Free – Made with 100% Non-GMO pea protein, Gluten Free, and Kosher
10g of Protein – Same as ground beef!
No Cholesterol, Saturated or Trans Fat!

BeyondMeat Comes in two flavors:
Beefy – A hint of garlic and citrus makes this perfect for pasta sauces, pizzas and more!
Feisty – A zesty blend of beef crumbles perfect for tacos or chili!

I will be the first to admit that many meat impersonators just aren’t that great. I am telling you now, though, this recipe with BeyondMeat looks, smells and tastes just like the nacho plate I remember my husband making with real meat. If you are looking to try a vegetarian version of your favorite Mexican dish, I think you will be thoroughly impressed.

Vegetarian Nachos Recipe

Quick and Easy Vegetarian Nachos Recipe #sponsored #BeyondMeat

You will need…

2 11oz packs of BeyondMeat Beef Crumbles {we like the Feisty variety for this recipe}
1 12oz pack of shredded cheese {whichever variety you like best}
2 packs of taco seasoning
1/4 of a medium onion {chopped}
1 pack of grape tomatoes
a few sweet peppers
1 bag of tortilla chips
Optional: You may also add sour cream, guacamole, salsa, etc., if you like

Quick and Easy Vegetarian Nachos Recipe #sponsored #BeyondMeat

Preparation…

1. Cook the Beyond Meat according to the package instructions.
2. After cooking the Beyond Meat thoroughly, add taco seasoning and chopped onion and stir until evenly spread throughout.
3. Allow to cook on low for about 2 minutes.
4. Remove and serve with cheese, tomatoes, peppers and any other toppings you might desire.

Quick and Easy Vegetarian Nachos Recipe #sponsored #BeyondMeat

Quick and Easy Vegetarian Nachos Recipe #sponsored #BeyondMeat

Find Out Where BeyondMeat Is Sold Near You

Check out the BeyondMeat store locator to see which stores near you carry BeyondMeat products.

disclosure-sponsored-post-300x91

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for EatPlayRock.com, an entertainment site. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her dog, Daisy.

Comments

1. This gives me a great idea for snacking this weekend. Sundays are usually lay around the house and graze all day and this looks like something that everyone would love, sorry gotta add the meat though or they might kill me.

2. I’ve never heard of this Beyond Meat, but it looks like something I would try! We eat meat, but mostly fish and chicken – hardly any pork or red meat. So we’re aspiring vegetarians, maybe! LOL

• Dawn McAlexander says

If you didn’t eat the chicken, you would then be a Pescatarian. Baby steps. πŸ™‚

3. Can I just say – I love you. I used to not be a vegetarian, my father was a butcher. For some reason in the past couple years I have turned into one and am having a horrible time learning to cook for my new diet. I can not wait to try Beyond Meat, i bet it will also be good in my taco salads that I love to make using beans!

• Dawn McAlexander says

I love you right back. πŸ˜‰ I bet this would be really good in taco salad, too. We have a taco salad that we make – I think we will try it in it very soon. πŸ™‚

4. Those do look really tasty! I was a vegetarian at one point, but didn’t stick with the diet.

5. I’ve never heard of this meatless meat before. I am ALL for the meatless nachos… but I do love meat. I love to load my nachos w veggies.

6. These look amazing. I have several friends who are vegetarian, and I’m always trying new recipes for when they come over.

7. I just love nachos of all kinds. This would be a good variation for me to try! YUM!

8. When I was a kid, I wouldn’t eat meat of any kind. I wouldn’t eat anything that had lived and breathed. Now, I do eat a little meat but still not a lot. I need to give these a try.

9. this sounds fabulous. I am vegan so this may work just great for me

• Dawn McAlexander says

I know you would have to leave the cheese off, not sure about the rest of it. That would be awesome if it is vegan, too!

10. if my beef is grass feed, can I count is as vegetarian nachos?
    I would have to try this myself. My Mexican family would definitively take me to an assylum on this one lol

Great looking results, you could fool us meat lovers :0)

11. Yum now those look pretty good. Will have to try.

12. Now that my husband has become a vegetarian, we’re always looking for new foods and recipes. He will love this!

13. That look so delicious and healthy. What a yummy way to get healthy nachos.

14. I am impressed that it tastes like real meat. I also like that it is GMO free! I am definitely going to be on the lookout for this!

15. Tiffany Steadman-Collins says

I love making veggie options when I can. Hubby is a HUGE meat eater so when I can sneak in something I love it.

This would be a great meal to try as a family

16. I have never heard of this product before but I am definitely interested in trying it. This looks really tasty and very healthy.

17. I could nachos like it is nobodies business! I’m also going to keep an eye out for the beyond meat crumbles.

18. I love nachos. I may have to try this and see if my son can tell the difference. I have never had this before.

19. We love beyond meat chicken- but I have not seen the ground crumbles!!! Where did you find them- whole foods?

• Dawn McAlexander says

Yep, we bought them at Whole Foods. I hope that you are able to find them, too. Be sure to check the store locator. πŸ™‚

20. Melissa Smith says

That looks so tasty! And I have to say that Beyond Meat sounds delish in a Feisty blend. I’ll have to see if any of my local grocers carry it.

21. These look so yummy and we love nachos, the whole family gobbles them up so fast! I’m not a vegetarian but I’d totally try this.

22. What a neat way to make nachos.. And they wouldn’t even know it’s vegetarian.

23. Never heard of this brand but will definitely have to check it out based on your experience with it!!

24. It’s so exciting that vegetarians have so many delicious options now too. I wish I had the will power to make such a drastic dietary transition.

25. I love nachos. This looks like a great idea.

26. Those crumbles look awesome and such an easy meal to have ready for a busy night out or quick put together for a teen study group.

27. Amanda mcMahon says

I have used a few others before but this one looks great too. We don’t eat much meat and my.daughter and husband are both vegetarian.

28. I am not allowed to have beef any longer due to an intolerance and miss it so much! I should really look at this company. Thank you so much! So excited that I could possibly have something close that tastes just as tasty!

29. Thanks Dawn for whipping up some mean nachos with our Beef Crumbles! Nachos are fantastic way to use our Beef Crumbles because you can make nachos however you want and we love to see how everyone makes them. Plus, remember the most important rule when eating nachos: If all the chips stick together, it counts as one nacho πŸ˜‰

Good luck to everyone who entered the contest and we look forward to seeing what else you’ve got cooking Dawn!

• Dawn McAlexander says

That nacho rule is definitely true. It’s also important to hog your nacho plate to yourself so you can double tip without the judgment eye. πŸ˜‰

30. We hope you like them Jennifer. You can do SO MUCH GOOD STUFF with the crumbles so feel free to get creative and share the results with us on Facebook or Twitter!

31. Make sure to check the frozen section on your next visit Melissa! They aren’t found where you normally find the chicken in the refrigerated section. πŸ™‚

Trackbacks

1. […] with tons of mayo!) and is easy to pack so you are temped to grab take out on your lunch break. 5.Vegetarian Nachos Recipe-Β Going a day or two of the week without meat in your meals is a great way to stay healthy, and […]