From Achy Joints To Playing In The Yard: Hilo’s Story #sponsored #HillsPet

Read the story of Hilo, a true weight loss for dogs story, as he sheds a few pounds leading him to become more active and suffer less hip pain. #hillspet #sponsored

Look at that grin! {Image Credit: SweepTight.com}

Cheap Is The New Classy

For a few months now, we have been discussing the benefits of Hill’s Prescription Diet Metabolic Food on this blog. We have been promoting the benefits of weight loss for dogs that are overweight and we hope that you have found the information helpful. However, nothing speaks to us quite like true stories. Everyone likes to hear about how a product worked for someone else, right? So, we are going to share a true story of one dog’s weight loss with you today.

Meet Hilo: Our Weight Loss For Dogs Subject

He sure is cute mister, isn’t he? Hilo belongs to Jennifer of SweepTight.com. Hilo is currently on a weight loss for dogs program because he should weigh 90some pounds but instead weighs a little bit more. Could you imagine Puppy Mister, all 4 pounds of him, standing next to Hilo? Puppy Mister is really friendly, though, and Hilo sounds like a big ol’ fluff, so I imagine they would get along splendidly.

pet love - chihuahua

Could you imagine our little rat of a Puppy Mister next to Hilo?

What up, Photobomber!! {Image Credit: SweepTight.com}

Meet Hilo: Hilo is an almost 7 year old {Happy Early Birthday!} German Shepherd. His past times include running around the yard and taking long walks with his family. Hilo also knows that he is just as gorgeous as they get, but since his hips bother him, he wants to shed a few extra pounds so that he can run and play for many years to come. So Hilo has been nom noming on some Hill’s Prescription Diet Canine Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution dog food so that he can be a slim trim Hilo. :)

{Image Credit: SweepTight.com}

Weight loss for pets is achievable with Hill’s Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution.
Hill’s® Prescription Diet® Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution activates metabolism to regulate appetite and burn fat.
While eating Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution, an obese pet’s metabolism changes to act more like that of a lean pet.

{Image Credit: SweepTight.com}

Hilo has been doing well on his program so far. He has not been officially weighed yet, but Jennifer says that he is becoming more active and wanting to play more. That is an awesome start! Let’s all wish Hilo and his family the best in reaching their health goals with a little help from Hill’s Science Diet dog food.

Could Your Dog Benefit From A Weight Loss For Dogs Program?

We would like to say a special thank you to SweepTight.com for the use of their images and story for this post.

This post is sponsored by Hill’s and the Pet Blogger Network. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Hill’s Prescription Diet Metabolic Food, but Cheap Is The New Classy only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. is not responsible for the content of this article.

Dawn is a full time lifestyle blogger that runs the ship that is Cheap Is The New Classy. She loves to do home decor and DIY projects, organize stuff, enjoy a nice cup of coffee and travel. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, teen daughter, Amber, and too many furry {and not so furry} friends to count.

Comments

1. Awe! Thanks so much for sharing our Hilo man’s story!!! He is doing so well on the diet and we are so thankful! We can’t get over how much he LOVES the food! I wish human diets could be so tasty. ;) Thanks again!! Oh, and yes, Hilo would be a big ol’ fluff ball next to your little mister. That would be adorable!

Hilo is so gorgeous! I just want to hug him! I also love Grump {aka The Photo Bomber}…what gorgeous doggies! I wish Hilo the best and look forward to updates. :)

2. Awwww, I love that the plan is working for Hilo!! He is such a cute dog :L)

3. Thanks for the info. My son earned a dog which we are getting when school starts. I will have to keep this info logged away for future use!
    Mitch

4. I don’t have pets, but oh my gosh, my sister has two of them and one is really overweight. I need to tell her about this because yikes!

5. I too love dogs and after reading this, i want another just like Hilo.. and i cant say how cute he is :)

6. Paula Parker says:

This is an important subject. Thank you for tackling it. I had an overweight cat, but he was still pretty active. It’s easy to go down the path of letting your beloved animal eat incorrectly. Thanks you for the post.

7. Hilo is a cutie.I think my dogs are lucky they are not needing a diet.Bolt looks big but its all muscle he is like a table across his back lol.I am always worried about both of our dogs joints so they get supplements to help them.

8. My dog is on weighloss food, she eats 1 cup a day.. (Pug) But it looks like she eats tons of food.. i guess its her body makeup.

9. That is awesome that they have something like that for the dogs. My Husky mix Bella has had the opposite problem. We got her from the shelter and she was so skinny when we got her you could see her ribs. We’ve had her a few months and she’s finally filling out. She looks so healthy now!

10. i’m sure hilo will have many happy years with his family!! especially being healthier :)

11. Those are beautiful dogs. I love that there is a weight loss product for them.

12. So nice that he is healthy on his new diet. I’ve never had overweight dogs but glad that there are products out there to help ;)

13. My puppy is in really great shape.

14. My sister’s dog is this big fat pug named Cookie, I think this would be perfect for her since the dog looks like she’s more on the chunky side.

15. I have to admit my pup is a tad overweight, and I am sure he would benefit from this food, we will have to give it a shot.

16. Hilo is beautiful! It’s great that he’s able to be more active again!

17. He’s a “Bolt” in real life! A white german shepherd. Beautiful!

18. I follow Jennifer’s blog and read about her dogs often so I feel like I know her two pups! Hilo is quite the handsome Shepard, indeed :) It’s wonderful that they found something that helps him maintain his weight and stay healthy!

19. Thank you so much for sharing that excellent plan and your dogs are lovely ^_^

Thanks! I can’t take credit for all of them, though. The chihuahua, Puppy Mister, is mine and Hilo and the photobomber are Jennifer’s from Sweep Tight.

20. My mom’s dog is a little older and has a few extra pounds she could definitely shed. My son has made it a (bad) habit to feed Sophie treats. Sophie loves my son. :)

21. Thankfully my dog isn’t overweight. But it is good to know of our options if he ever starts to get a little pudgy. This looks like such a fantastic line for dogs!

22. Being more active and wanting to play more is a great step in the right direction – so great to hear!

23. Your dogs are too cute, especially Hilo. I don’t have a dog but I know my cat is getting a little bigger than he should be.

24. Super cute dogs. Our dog is just like another one of our kids. Whenever we see her getting a little plump we try to exercise her and give her “light” dog food options.

25. What a cute dog! My husband is really on top of our dogs diet, I will have to show him this option.

26. Oh what a cute dog! I am not a dog owner but I love them and its important to make sure they stay healthy and eat healthy. One of the things my in-laws do is feed their dogs table scraps. I’ve told them that it was a no-no but they laughed it off until their dog was diagnosed with diabetes and liver failure. They tried to work on his weight, but the dog did end up dying. I feel very bad this happened, but they had been warned not only by me, but by their vet. Its sad when people aren’t responsible pet owners.

That is so sad. I have known people that fed dogs things that are definite no-nos for dogs and I have told them this and they would just laugh it off and say things like, “He looks fine,” or “It’s not hurting him.”

The sad thing is, smoking doesn’t hurt a human immediately. But eventually it will. Not all things that kill us do it immediately. Some people just can’t understand that.

27. w’ve been good at maintaining good weight for our dogs. we have to be diligent about treats, over-eating and human food

28. Animal photo bombs are my most favorite thing EVER! My two pups could use a definite change in their diets. They are both medium to small and I have noticed over the years that they have gained a ton of weight. We need to start moderating their food intake and cut down on the treats!

29. I have a 9 yr-old boxer who is overweight. She has severe sensitive stomach issues so we havent been able to switch her food. Every time I try she gets sick. I don’t feed her much and sadly I feel like a dog her size is starving with what little I give her. But, the weight wont budge. The vet and I just agreed that maybe she is a more boxy boxer mixed with something else and that she may not drop the weight like we hope. We just want her to have pain free joints. She lost her brother a few years ago and we got her a new sister and she has a hard time keeping up with her sometimes.

Your poor boxer! It’s sad when they have problems like the stomach issues that we can’t find a solution for.

30. With all the diets and health benefits out there for adults, why wouldn’t we do the same of our pets. Hilo looks well love which is a good reason to pay attention to his health. Good look on your weight goals, Hilo.

31. Being more active is definitely a sign of feeling better! Just like a human – we make a change and then start to feel better about ourselves.

32. Your dogs are very good looking. I have a chiweenie and I just adore although he is a handful

A chiweenie! I am not sure I have ever heard of such a dog! Is that part chihuahua and part weiner dog?

33. Just like humans, once we start to eat better, we feel better! So great that something is working!

34. I hope he reaches his goals! My daughter has recently started her cat on a diet after it gained a good bit after being spayed.

35. Exercise and a healthy diet is so important for all members of the family (furry or otherwise). I’m glad your pup is feeling better.

36. Aw, Hilo is a cutie! I need to look into this diet for my dog Zoey.

37. That’d be great if it could help him. We’re always told our pup needs to lose weight but we aren’t able to feed her less, otherwise she’d starve. She’s just really sensitive and gains weight like crazy.

38. Our pup needs some more exercise, for sure… but it is nice to know there is such an awesome food out there in case that’s not enough for him this summer!

39. Adorable dogs. Love hills and they have a great variety.

40. Love your photos. Pets are such an important part of the family. I have a dog that is 13 years old and he could lose a bit of weight.

41. What cuties! My cat is also on a similar diet- we call it “kitty south beach”- low carb, high protein!

42. Now that our dogs are older, my husband and I really have to be mindful of their weight. It puts a lot of strain on their joints.

43. Oh my goodness, we totally need to look into this for our min-pin – he is not too old but needs some assistance

44. This is so important. I don’t have a pet but, I know that being healthy is important for dogs and owners a like.

45. No dogs here…but I’ve seen lots of pets that could use a little help in the weight loss area. They seem to enjoy the food

46. My sisters dog was put on a weight loss program and is doing much better now. He was having such a hard time getting around. I will have to tell her about this product. I can’t remember the name of the one she has been using

47. Sounds like a great weight plan for a heavy dog. I don’t have any pets besides a fish but I’ll share this with my SIL her dog is super chunky ans she’s been worried about his hips lately.

48. Hills Pet Nutrition is definitely not cheap…but is an investment in a pet’s health and nutrition. What a sweetie!

49. Maria Oller says:

I dont have a dig but we had this problem with our kitten she was getting to big to even play it broke my heart to change her favorite dishes and her happy hour treats but now she is a healthy girl and that’s even more important

50. Both of my dogs are getting on up there in years so the achy joints are for sure a factor. They are within a good weight range- gotta keep the kids from giving the dogs table scraps!

51. Great that Hilo has lost some weight. Can’t wait to hear how Hill’s is able to help him in the future.

52. That’s great that Hilo has lost weight! What a cute puppy he is!

53. I didn’t know dogs even had to worry about their weight like that! Your doggies are so cute!

54. Go Hilo!! What a gorgeous dog! We try to make sure that our sweet Daisy girl stays on track with her weight, she already has some arthritis (she’s only about 6) and we want to make sure she stays healthy for as long as possible!

55. Aw, all these pictures make me want a dog! They’re adorable!

56. We are getting a puppy July 8th and are so excited!

57. teresa mccluskey says:

I had to give my dog to a friend because I was in Texas and had to move home to Indiana. It was a sad day!

58. My mother in law’s dog is pretty overweight. We’ve put her on a diet, and we can already tell a difference.

59. I am glad you found something to help you dog feel better.It is incredible the difference pet food makes in a dog’s attitude, disposition and activity.

60. He’s a cutie! Glad the diet is working well for him. Our dog is a healthy weight and super active but my cat could use a weight loss plan!

61. We really have to watch our dog’s weight as well. We may have to give this one a try.

62. Rebecca Swenor says:

I love this dog. So adorable and yes the others are too. This seems like the diet is working. Thanks for sharing.

63. My dog isn’t overweight. But my mom’s dog is extremely overweight.

64. I think this may be just what my doggies need after a week at my grandparents!

65. What sweet babies! Thanks for sharing this information.

66. We have a number of pets. One of them sure could benefit from losing a little weight.

67. We don’t have a pet currently but hope to get a puppy in December. I guess I never really thought about weight loss for animals. Thanks for the information in this post.

68. I do suppose there would be a difference in activity levels, just like there would be with people too. Sending over good luck for the journey. :)

69. I have heard great things about this dog food. We have a min pin that we are trying to help lose weight and I might have to switch to this. All dogs in the pictures above are adorable!

70. We probably should put our dog on a diet. She’s getting some weight on her.

71. aww your doggies are so cute! We don’t have a dog but those are some wonderful tips!

72. Thank you for sharing a great story and great information.

73. Beautiful doggies you have! This is a great program for dogs that need it too.

74. katrina g says:

oh my goodness those dogs are cute. i had a dog growing up that was very overweight. what they eat is so important.

75. It’s amazing how a little bit of weight loss and some healthy food can make anyone, even our pets, feel so much better. This looks like a great product for a lot of pet owners.

76. What a great story. It’s so important to take care of our pets and keep them on a healthy diet.

77. Such beautiful animals! Glad to hear Hilo is being more active! It’s simply too important to keep your animals active so they can live a healthy life.

78. Hilo is awesome. Glad to hear he is doing so well on Metabolic and that he is enjoying his diet. So nice that he gets to have treats too!

79. Patricia says:

How cute they are. I am glad to hear he is doing well on his diet. Seems so much easier to put a pet on a diet then us doing an diet. I know it is important that our pets stay healthy so they do not get sick.

80. Hilo is adorable. I’m glad he’s doing well. It’s wonderful that we can take such great care of our pets these days.

81. Actually loled at the photobombing. Love how each dog has his personality and so good to hear they are having their needs met.

82. That photo bomber was epic and I did not expect it until i scrolled down, I love dogs and I hope to have this breed of dog soon, they are just so awesomely adorable.

83. So dogs need to lose weight too huh? I have no idea about weight loss for animals. It’s a nice thing because animals are well taken care of these days.

84. Hilo is so lucky to have you and bless you for taking care of him so well.

85. Way to go, Hilo! Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing the info on Hill’s food. Our dog loves the Science Diet line, but we’ll ask about the prescription line, if ever he needs that in the future.

86. Thanks for the info. I’ll keep this brand in mind. We had been told our dog needed to lose weight. As of her last appointment, she was back on track.

87. Our dog is still a puppy so I dont think she needs to lose weight right now, but if there was something to keep her from eating my phone chargers and shoes I would love to hear about it lol.

88. Great story! So many people don’t think about how things effect their animals long term.

89. Hilo is so adorable!

Sorry, I dnt have pets… do Dogs really need to go for weight loss?? I didn’t know this

90. This is great info! My dog got really chunky this winter (didn’t we all!). I’m going to look into this brand for her!

91. Aww, look at your cute doggies!! I have heard great things about this dog food.

92. Seems like something needed for dogs who are overweight. I have no need for this yet, my Shih-Tzu is slim and loves to exercise but I’ll keep this in mind for when he does get fat.

93. Sally T. says:

great information.Way to go Hilo~you look to be a great dog.
    xxoo. :-)

94. Linda Manns Linneman says:

I have heard many good thngs about Hills. It is very important for dogs to keep their weight within normal limits for their size. They will feel better and live longer. Thank you for sharing this with us