Frugal Prom Dress Stores: Check Out This $75 Prom Dress #prom2014

Frugal prom dress stores: We got Amber's prom dress for $75!

Jay, Amber and I all went to Pigeon Forge yesterday for a day trip. Daycation! I will be telling you about that in a few days. At any rate, many of you may have read posts about Amber going to prom in a few months and about how we have been looking for the perfect prom dress. Well, we have looked at many prom dress stores and websites and she finally picked out the perfect dress last night. And we got it at the mall. Can you believe that?

Frugal prom dress stores: We got Amber's prom dress for $75!

It Turns Out That Prom Dress Stores Can Offer Beautiful, Frugal Dresses

On the way home from Pigeon Forge last night, we stopped at the mall in Bristol {not sure if it was the Tennessee or Virginia side} to see if we could find her a prom dress there. We searched the internet for prom dress stores before because we know nothing about Bristol. When we got to the mall, we checked out two prom dress stores and she found the dress that she wanted at Deb really quickly and it was only $75! That is quite the steal.

Frugal prom dress stores: We got Amber's prom dress for $75!

Last year when we went shopping for her dress to wear to the Opera in New York City, we ended up getting her dress at Hanes Mall in Winston-Salem, NC – also at Deb. This one was like $110 or $120. You can see the dress Amber wore in New York on Eat Play Rock. I think that both dresses are gorgeous. It amazed me that some people spend hundreds of dollars on a dress that they wear once and then stick in their closet, probably to never wear again. I know that Amber hasn’t worn hers from last year since.

Frugal prom dress stores: We got Amber's prom dress for $75!

Now To Find Shoes, Jewelry and Hair Accessories

At any rate, now we have to find shoes {the shoes at the same store where we got the steal on the dress were like $50 a pair – no thanks}, jewelry and she wants a pretty clip for her hair. Do you guys have any suggestions of prom dress stores or sites where we can find these things for a decent price? Also, do you guys have any suggestions for what shoes would look good with this dress? I am thinking silver and sparkly high heels. Do you agree?

What Kind Of Shoes And Jewelry Should Amber Get To Go With This Prom Dress?

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for Eat Play Rock and State By State Travel. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, and their fur babies.

Comments

1. Angela S says:

My niece just picked out her prom dress and it has that same hemline. It seems to be a popular look for prom this year.

2. I love the hemline and the ruffles! Can’t wait to see the full ensemble of your daughters prom outfit.

3. Wow, what a gorgeous dress! Can’t believe it’s only $75 too! Sweet steal! I would love to see something simple and glittery for the accessories and shoes!

Yeah, and can you believe that it wasn’t even on sale. That was just the price. I was shocked.

4. I like the color, $75.00 is a steel for a prom dress – you got off easy!

5. What a beautiful dress at such a great price! You had the perfect daycation!! :)

6. That’s a gorgeous prom dress, especially for under $100! We will be prom dress shopping next year for my daughter, I hope we can find such a cute dress at a great price!

7. Jo-Ann Brightman says:

You found a beautiful prom dress at a good price. I agree that silver shoes would be the best.

8. Shopping for prom dresses can be such a challenge! it’s always fun too though to add a new dress to your wardrobe.

9. Love this dress,,,,, it’s always a challenge to find the perfect prom dress and the perfect budget… Thanks for sharing and I totally think Silver Shoes would be great, but red would be fun,t too

10. How pretty and what a great price! Super gorgeous color!!!

11. She needs some bling! Sparkly earrings, necklace and of course shoes! Great price. Deb always has great deals in our mall!

12. I always loved picking out prom dresses. I have awhile before my daughter will need one.

13. Oh my goodness, it is gorgeous. I love how flowy it is and it looks beautiful with the bow in the back.

14. What a good deal on that dress. Very pretty and I bet she’s excited!

She is really excited as me and her dad! This will be her first prom. It’s hard to believe that they grow up so fast.

15. Great deal on a prom dress! I think even if you had to splurge a bit on shoes you should get some in silver and get them in a style she can wear for the rest of the summer. Silver shoes are very fashionable this year, I see them in all my style mags and want some for myself. Good luck, hope she has a wonderful prom.

16. I think sparkly high heels would be an excellent choice for shoes. We went to Claire’s and got some costume jewelry for her dress and it did look good.

17. That’s a pretty dress. Love the color and think you got a bargain!

18. Love the dress and the price! Wow! I’ll have to look into this place for my daughter’s prom dress! <3 it! :)

19. I am completely in love with the ruffles! LOVE the color too! So much fun.

20. love the ruffle and the bow. the hemline makes it so fun too!

21. So cute! I love the ruffles! I’m sure she’ll shine at her prom!

22. Totally agree! I think those shoes would be perfect! I love this dress. So pretty!

23. What pretty details on that dress. I love the high-low hemline too.

24. That is such a pretty dress!!!! Great pick.

25. Brooke F. says:

I love the ruffles! I also love the high-to-low hemline; very neat! I would have to agree on the shoes, it sounds like a great fit!

26. What a gorgeous dress! I would go with silver jewelry!

27. Holly Thomas says:

Very pretty dress, I really like how it looks in the back.

Very pretty. Love the hi-low hem, and the ruffles will be fun. Maybe some sparkly heeled sandals and a great bling jewelry item…either a necklace or long dangle earrings.

29. pam hunt says:

the kind 0s shoes she shouldwear are slingbacks of the same color if you can find them..or white!

30. Linda Meyers-Gabbard says:

Jewelry wise, she needs to go with what we use to call rhinestone jewelry or something similar. A choker necklace and matching bracelet. Simple matching earrings. Nothing gaudy or to big. Think elegant. Be elegant. A thin strappy sandal thin heels. NO CHUNKY HEELS.

31. alesha ol says:

I just love this..the ruffles, the color, beautiful..o,in just a few yrs my girls will be going.. :( I will hire you ..

32. Melissa Mazzur says:

Beautiful! Proves there is no need to pay $500

33. I bought my prom dress at Gabriel’s for $10. I just didn’t see the point in spending a lot of money.

34. Carissa Joslyn says:

This is really awesome & awesome price, too! I never went to my prom.
    I dated a senior when I was a freshman, and he took some other girl to prom & after that I avoided prom like the Plague never had anyone to go with anyways. :/

Oh no, that really stinks. Did you keep dating the senior after that?

• Carissa joslyn says:

No we broke up :p I’m 25 now & we are still friends though. I see him occasional. HE was just using me when he dated me soooo. i stay away from dating him. ha

35. RICHARD HICKS says:

This is a super looking dress. I can hardly believe it was only $75. I would have thought at least twice or triple that!