Easy Cavatini Pizza Pasta Recipe

Cavatini Pizza Pasta Recipe ~

Easy Cavatini pizza pasta recipe inspired by Pizza Hut | Cheap Is The New Classy

My husband and his family used to eat the cavatini at Pizza Hut and they liked it so much that his mom came up with her own recipe to fix at home. My husband has since adapted this recipe to suit our tastes and now he has agreed to share it with you guys. :) Having never tried the cavatini at Pizza Hut, I thought this was something they created themselves {without inspiration from a restaurant} when I first tried it. Amber has tried both and says that Jay’s and Jay’s mom’s recipes are better, so you can be the judge of that. :)

Cavatini Pizza Pasta Recipe

To Make Cavatini, You Will Need…

• 1 16 oz box of rotini noodles {or substitute with your favorite shape noodles}
  • 32 oz of your favorite pasta sauce {we used Ragu this time, but we change it up}
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 pack of pepperoni {however much you like, we did not use this entire package}
  • 2 cups of your favorite cheese {we used shredded fiesta blend this time, but we change that up, too}

Note: You can also add other pizza toppings or leave things out that we suggested – this is just what we like. :)

First, you need to boil the noodles per the directions on the box. They do not have to be fully cooked, but make sure they are at least really close.

While the noodles are boiling, chop up your green pepper and onion {or whatever else you decide to use}.

When the noodles are done, drain them, and then add all of the ingredients in a baking pan in layers, starting with the sauce as some items may stick. So, you may want to spray the pan with Pam first. We did not and it was fine. That’s your call.

Cook the Cavatini for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. It should look like this when it’s done.

Cavatini goes great with garlic bread, cheesesticks and salad, just like pizza. :) If you try it out, please let us know what you think. :)

Have You Ever Eaten Cavatini Before? What Did You Think?

Dawn is a full time lifestyle blogger that runs the ship that is Cheap Is The New Classy. She loves to do home decor and DIY projects, organize stuff, enjoy a nice cup of coffee and travel. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, teen daughter, Amber, and too many furry {and not so furry} friends to count.

Comments

1. I’ve never even heard of cavatina – much less made it! But it sure looks yummy! I love baking dishes like this that are a bit different from our normal menus

2. First, we love the Mountaineers! My brother is a senior at App. I too live in NC about 30 minutes from Boone. Second, I have a recipe for cavatina, but it is waaaay involved and pricey to make. This looks wonderful, and sounds very affordable. Thank you for posting it

3. I make stuff like that all the time where I just grab ingredients, throw them in a dish and bake. Pasta sauce is a great way to make it easy!!

4. I’ve never heard of cavatini before. It sounds like it’s pretty good. I think I would use hot Italian sausage instead of pepperoni.

5. Pizza pasta sounds very yummy

6. Mahdi Martin says:

This looks delicious! I’ve had the Pizza Hut version and it was alright, but a little dry. That was probably because I got a single serving from Target. Anyhow, I’m a pasta freak and I like recreating restaurant and branded favorites. You should try my “homeburger” helper! I like making skillet meals along with baked recipes.

7. Mahdi Martin says:

Well you basically just follow the same directions as you would on a Hamburger Helper package, using whatever noodle and/or meat combo you want. For the seasoning packet replacement I just add what ever seasonings are appropriate, and add a thickener, or cream. I Also toss in frozen or pre sautéed veggies about 20 minutes into cooking time, depending on the noodles you use, and cook till it’s bubbly and hot! You can garnish it, or top it and broil it for added flair!

8. This looks really good something that the whole family would like for dinner. Not really hard to make either. I am keeping this recipe – thanks for sharing it. If I dont have money for pizza I can make this instead : )

9. Jesselyn A/Jesstinger says:

I’ve noticed (and not just here!) that many people have never heard of either Cavatina or Cavatappi! What a shame since both of them are wonderfully versatile and we think so much more appealing looking than say macaroni and routine penne pasta. We love the shapes!

My Honey/Hubby would love this recipe! He is a big pizza fan – but trying to stay away from breads (not that pasta is all that much of a “carb substitute!”

But I would prefer the pasta over the pizza crust – though I might be a few changes – like adding sme spinach and sauteed mushroom – and maybe substitituing Italian sausage for the pepperoni!

• Dawn McAlexander
      Twitter:
      says:

If you make this and decide to make some changes, you should come back here and share your recipe if you love it. :) I love mushrooms and spinach and would love to try yours, too.

10. This looks and sounds sooooo good! I’ always looking for a good pasta recipe. I think it’s great how well you explain the process of making this dish because I am SO domestically challanged and always ruin recipes. Thanks for the share!

11. I’m always on the lookout for easy casseroles, and this qualifies big time! Thanks for the recipe–I’ve got it marked to try.

12. This looks simple but tasty, and what more do you need for a weeknight meal? I use turkey pepperoni for my pizzas, and I find it’s much less greasy, so it would be perfect to add to a casserole. Thanks for this flexible recipe!

13. Judy Gregory
    Twitter:
    says:

With just my roomie and me, we’ll cook big batches of hamburger meat or pasta and do different things with it through the next four or five days. One thing we do is similar to this. Throw cooked pasta and hamburger or sausage in a large lidded skillet with pasta sauce and stir until heated through. Throw on a bunch of shredded cheese put the lid on, turn off the heat and walk away for several minutes. It comes out like a baked pasta dish.

Yum. Warming and homey. The traditional pizza in. Unique new dish. Great idea!