Bonfire Fun + Smores Recipe For All The City Folks #RockYourBlog

Smores ~

Funtastics Gymnastics Camp - Ross Point smores recipe

I do not know about you, but I personally love smores! The other day, my friends and I were just sitting in the living room completely enveloped in our technology. Suddenly, my friend’s stomach lets out a huge growl! We all busted out laughing and decided to go in the kitchen and scavenge for some food.  Sadly, we found nothing that seemed appealing. So, we all packed into the small car and decided to head to the store and get something tasty for dinner.

Smores: For Dinner?

One of my friends and I decided to wait in the car and send our other three friends in for a delicious dinner. We were surprised to see them return within five minutes with huge grins plastered across their faces and grocery bags in each hand. Much to our dismay, we found out that instead of getting a good hearty meal like they were supposed to, they had bought multiple things of marshmallows, chocolates, and gram crackers. We were having smores for dinner!

Funtastics Gymnastics Camp - Ross Point smores recipe

Smores Are Super Easy To Make

So, as we got back to the house my friend started making smores in the microwave. Now, we all know that that is not a proper way to eat a gooey delicious smore. Instead, we went outside and started a fire! For all your city folks who don’t know how to make them – all you need is marshmallows {the big ones}, Hershey bars and graham crackers.

• Roast marshmallows over a bonfire by putting them on a stick {not my favorite because it’s flammable} or on a metal poker. I like them when they start bubbling and getting burned. After the marshmallow catches on fire, pull it out of the flame and let the fire burn it until it is just the way you want it. Then blow the flame out.
  • Put the melty marshmallows on a Hershey Bar.
  • Put the whole mess between two crisp graham crackers.
  • Try cinnamon or honey graham crackers or flavored marshmallows for a twist. :)

Funtastics Gymnastics Camp - Ross Point smores recipe

Kids Love Smores!

Now, I do not know which part of the night was better; the heavenly smores or getting to see all my friends with melted chocolate and marshmallow all over their faces. Our parents were not to pleased to find out that we had indulged in the not so healthy treat, but then again it was not anything out of the norm for teens. *wink* Who knew that ditching dinner for a sweet treat could make the night full of giggles and fun?!

Have You Ever Made Smores Before?

photo 9c6c7c76-8f81-4d23-a926-7a6dafee6d28_zpscda7f04e.jpg

About Amber {contributor}

Amber is a college student and avid fashionista. Amber loves all things beauty and fashion and spends her time reading and thinking about Channing Tatum.

Comments

1. I have always heard of Smores but never tried them before. This looks yummy! I should try it!

2. I love the crackers and chocolate, but I have never been a marshmallow fan. My kids LOVE them!

3. Uh oh… burnt marshmallows! My husband would be on your case, lol. I am too impatient and mine burn, but he likes to roast them slow and easy so they get just a golden color. :-)

4. We LOVE making s’mores! We have a few portable fire pits, one at our house and one at the grandparents house, so we are known for starting up fires just to roast hot dogs and make s’mores. We even fire them up in th winter! lol. We use chocolate covered graham cracker cookies though for the kids. Since they are too impatient to wait for the hot marshmallow to melt the chocolate bar.

5. Smores are the best, especially when the marshmallow is just slightly burnt! I’ve never tried them with cinnamon graham crackers, thanks for the idea.

6. I’ve never tried a smore. I love cinnamon crackers and chocolate. I hate marshmallow. Maybe I’ll try it with something else.

7. I can’t believe how many people haven’t eaten a Smore!! That’s one of my favorite parts of summer. We like to put peanut butter on ours sometimes.

Me neither! I have never tried one with peanut butter before. I am loving all of these suggested varieties!

8. Jenna Wood says:

Yummy, I don’t know who doesn’t love smores! We have to make ours on the stove, though, unless we can sneak away to the beach!

9. Can I just skip the process and just to go for the final result? Looks yumyum

10. Jo-Ann Brightman says:

I haven’t made Smores in years, but I remeber how delicious they were. Once in a while you can indulge without feeling guilty

11. omg i MISS smores! i dont know the last time i had them!!

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

12. S’mores are absolutely my favorite thing! I love them so much I think they should be their own food group..lol. I make some pretty mean s’mores. I like trying them with different ingredients the best s’mores are when I use the Ghirardelli caramel filled chocolate squares, 2 roasted marshmallows and the graham crackers. They are my version of gourmet s’mores they are awesome!

13. Oh boy smores are my absolute favorite!

14. Smore’s are a must have when we are camping! We love having them with the graham crackers that are already coated in chocolate (especially the mint flavor). It saves one less thing to remember when packing the camper and the touch of mint really gives them a punch.

15. We love S’mores! Just had some at our Girl Scout camp out!~

16. We LOVE smores! I’ve even been known to fix them in the microwave a few times! Yum!

17. Kelley Johnsen says:

We just got back form camping and this was the only thing I forgot to pack. They look yummy!

If that was the only thing you forget, then you did pretty well. Good thing you didn’t forget the tent, lol!

18. For city folks! I live in V.a. and haven’t tried it yet. I’ll take the advice about really cooking the marshmallow. Or better yet marshmallow cream. Oh, crunchy honey nut peanut butter and marshmallow cream grilled sandwiches are great!

You can live in Virginia and still be from the city. I know. I lived the first 30 years of my life there, lol. :D

19. Sarah L says:

We had them every summer growing up. I even saw a current recipe for making them in the oven.

20. mmm i use to love going camping just to make the smores…it has been to long since I made or ate some!

My grand kids love smores…often choosing camping out just for the smores! :) Fun for kids and adults you can add variety by doing flavored marshmallows, adding peanut butter or other nut butters, or using Nutella.

22. we all love S’mores at the campgrounds . we are finding new ways to make them to – use flavored marshmellows of chocolate graham crackers – let everyone choose what they want in their -yummy

23. Ha! I grew up eating smores and I still love them- there is something about that marshmallow mess and an open fire that makes summer fun :)

24. Danielle F. says:

What’s not to love about dessert for dinner?! I love S’mores although I haven’t made them in years and unfortunately I’ve never made them in anything but the microwave. No fun, I know.

25. I never heard of smores until I was well into my 20’s. They were so yummy.

26. Kitty Iecvan says:

I love smores! I also like putting some cinnamon on the marshmallows!

27. We make s’mores every time we go camping. The last time we made them on a camping trip we bought the humongous marshmallows, I mean they’re HUGE. The kids just wanted to ‘experiment’ with them and see if they liked them. Nope. they didn’t work the same. It sounds like you had a very special treat in lieu of dinner. Half the fun is making them.

Trackbacks

1. […] we arrived at one of our destinations. We were at a huge bonfire that was surrounded by many logs to sit on. We all crowded around and talked for hours and roasted […]

2. […] *S’mores Day Lazy Day National Garage Sale Day Smithsonian Day […]