2012 Dixie Classic Fair {Winston-Salem NC} 9/28-10/7 Schedule @dcfair #spon

Dixie Classic Fair 2012 ~

Image Credit: dcfair.com

Who’s ready for a day at the Dixie Classic Fair? I know I am! What do you love the best about fairs? My daughter loves all the rides! I love all the vendors, the cute animals and the music the best! Oh, and my favorite food – the roasted corn! Yum! That is always my favorite thing to eat at the fair. My daughter loves the ribbon potatoes best.

For me, the most exciting event coming to the fair this year is the Grammy Award Winning Kentucky Headhunters! They will be performing on the Grandstand on Tuesday {October 2nd} I have been a fan of them for years but have never gotten to see them in concert *sniff* but you can bet that I will this year! I was fortunate enough to talk to Richard Young from the Headhunters today.

Catch my interview with Kentucky Headhunters’ Richard Young right HERE!!

2012 Dixie Classic Fair Grandstand Events

All Grandstand Events Are FREE With Paid Gate Admission To The Fair.

All seats are General Admission; on a first-come first-serve basis.

Friday, Sept. 28 at 7:30 pm:

Saturday, Oct. 6 at 2:00 pm:
OTTPA Tractor Pull

Sunday, Oct. 7 at 7:30 pm:
Rodeo

Image Credit: dcfair.com

2012 Dixie Classic Fair Schedule

Pick any day and click that link to see that days’ schedule!

• Day 1 – Friday, Sept. 28
  • Day 2 – Saturday, Sept. 29
  • Day 3 – Sunday, Sept. 30
  • Day 4 – Monday, Oct. 1
  • Day 5 – Tuesday, Oct. 2
  • Day 6 – Wednesday, Oct. 3
  • Day 7 – Thursday, Oct. 4
  • Day 8 – Friday, Oct. 5
  • Day 9 – Saturday, Oct. 6
  • Day 10 – Sunday, Oct. 7
  • Fair Map
  • Calendar of Events (Print Format)

Image Credit: dcfair.com

2012 Dixie Classic Fair Hours of Operation

Sunday – Friday 11am – 11pm

Saturdays – 9 am – 11 pm

Tuesday October 2nd is Senior Adult Day

Purchase Advance Sale Tickets OnlineClick Here

You may also purchase Advance Tickets at the LJVM Coliseum Box Office, participating Lowes Foods, Food Lion and local Credit Unions.

Listing of Advance Sale LocationsClick Here

Image Credit: dcfair.com

2012 Dixie Classic Fair Ticket Prices

Friday (9-28 & 10-5), Saturday (9-29 & 10-6) and Sunday (9-30 & 10-7)

Adults (ages 12 & up) – $9
Children (ages 6 – 11) – $4
Children (5 & under) and Senior Adults (65 & over, with ID) – Free

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

Adults (ages 12 & up) – $8
Children (ages 6 – 11) – $4
Children (5 & under) and Senior Adults (65 & over, with ID) – Free

Early Bird Special Admission (Any Gate)

Weekdays only from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm – $4

Come have a great time at the 2012 Dixie Classic Fair! There is all kinds of family entertainment, food, rides, games, vendors and prizes! It is sure to be a great time by all!

What is your favorite part of the fair?

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for EatPlayRock.com, an entertainment site. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her dog, Daisy.

Comments

1. Oh! I so miss this! I used to live in Winston-Salem and loved the fair! Looks like a great time!

2. How fun, we just had our state fair and it was amazing!!

3. Those Candied Apples look so good! I need to get to one of our County fairs here in Ohio. Thanks for sharing.

4. Ooh, now that looks like a ton of fun! I would love to go! A little to far for me, so have fun for me and you ;)

LOVE candy apples yum!

5. Fairs like this make me wish I lived down south! My favorite part of a fair is really just the atmosphere. Good, local fun!

6. I love fairs! My favorite thing is usually the food and games :)

7. Looks like a great fair for the whole family! I want a candy apple :)

8. That looks like SO much fun!! Those candy apples look delicious!

9. Great pics!! I love the fair!! They were much better when we lived in the Mid-West but we still go to the ones here on the East Coast!

10. I hate to admit it but I don’t think I’ve ever been to our local fair. This looks like too much fun though! I need to go explore ours!

11. Shayla Burks says:

I went to the fair last Saturday. The best part here is the food! We have corndogs, fried cheese (fried anything else, like twinkies, oreos, snickers…ect), turkey legs, cotton candy, candied apples (but those up there look better!), and the best thing ever… FUNNEL CAKE.

12. How fun~~ the best part is the food. Our state fair in Texas is HUGE~~ love it!!

13. Our fair is in January. Looks like a lot of fun.
    I love the animals the best and the candy apples.

14. This looks like quite the event! Those candy apples are making me drool! :)

15. HOw fun- we love state fairs!

16. My all time favorite is the swings! I spent many summers at fairs! The Dixie Classic looks totally fun! Great time for familys or a date night too. I love the rides, animals and of course all the fair food. love your photos too!

Trackbacks

1. […] {lead singer}. For all of you that are local, you can catch the Kentucky Headhunters live at the Dixie Classic Fair in Winston-Salem, NC on Tuesday night […]