5 Ways To Support Ronald McDonald House Charities

5 Ways To Support Ronald McDonald House Charities

If you’ve ever had the opportunity to visit a Ronald McDonald House® then you probably already know about all the amazing ways it serves the community. For over 40 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®) has helped families stay close to their critically-ill child as they undergo life-saving medical treatment, but that’s only the beginning. RMHC has also been instrumental in bringing people together to find solutions and provide programs that strengthen families all around the world.

5 Ways To Support Ronald McDonald House Charities

The fact is children being cared for at over 89% of the world’s top children’s hospitals have access to at least one core RMHC family-centered program. To support Ronald McDonald House Charities, here are five simple ideas to help you and your family bring smiles to the millions of families that walk through the Charity’s doors every year:

1. Meals of Love: Gather your friends and family and cook dinner for the families at a local Ronald McDonald House.

2. Shop-a-thon: Drop by with some much needed items for the Houses and Family Rooms. Donations of everyday products, like laundry detergent, can go a long way for families.

3. Value of a Volunteer: Join an army of more than 300,000 around the world. Volunteering your time is always welcomed; the Houses are always looking for help in completing that special project.

4. Be a Fun-raiser: Host a food drive or fundraiser. Need some inspiration? Consider joining an existing event already in motion, like Team RMHC for this year’s Chicago Marathon.

5. Small Change: Running short on time? You can always consider making a donation through RMHC Donation Boxes located at McDonald’s restaurants. Your small change adds up and last year, helped raise $27.2 million in the U.S. alone!

However you choose to support, your involvement and kindness matters to millions of families. To find a local Ronald McDonald House or to learn more about volunteer opportunities, visit www.RMHC.org.

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for Eat Play Rock and State By State Travel. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, and their fur babies.

Comments

1. As a former RMHC Ambassador for NYC I am well versed on the program and had actually volunteered at my local house well before my blogging days. My nephew’s bout with Pediatric Cancer made me very active with charities like St. Jude’s and Ronald McDonald House. Anything that makes such a difficult and trying time easier for families is aces in my book!

Thank you so much for the work you did as well. :) I hope that your nephew and his family is doing much better now.

2. I always throw my change into the bin when I go through the drive through. Ronald McDonald House does really great work!

3. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

I LOVE this charity! They really helped out good friends of mine when their child was a preemie and needed to be in the NICU. I help out whenever I can :)

I am loving seeing all of these stories that people are sharing about how they were helped by RMHC. :)

4. This is such a great charity. I always donate any change I have when we go there.

5. I love the shop a thon. My neighbor coupons for detergent and personal products like a madwoman and is always looking to donate her stash to a worthy cause!

6. Every time we go to McD’s my daughter asks me for change to put in the collection they have in front of their cash registers. She knows the money goes to sick kids and their families. It’s wonderful that they help families stay together during treatment – it helps in battling illness.

7. Debbie Denny says:

These are great ways to support. Love how they help families.

8. Wonderful list, this is a great organization to support!

9. That’s an amazing amount of money collected last year! All for a very worthy organization!

10. My daughter volunteered at the Ronald McDonald House near us in high school. They do great things there.

11. I’ve had to use their services a few times, and I can’t tell you how much it meant to me. They made a very difficult time easier for me and my family.

12. My best friend stayed at a Ronald McDonald house when her son was undergoing heart surgery away from home. Not having to worry about a place to stay was one thing to check off the list of concerns. I’m thankful for any way to support them that I can.

That is so great that Ronald McDonald House Charities was able to help your friend and her family when they needed it.

13. I have a big heart for the Ronald McDonald house. When I was in high school we had a place called The Little Lighthouse and it was a place for children who were going through rehab. Some, a few days, others, many years. It was funded by the Ronald McDonald house and I volunteered there. It was heartbreaking sometimes, but such an awesome experience.

14. I heard of the Ronald McDonald house. I really almost forgot about it so thanks for bringing this back into my attention!

15. They really help people who need it. We try to donate when we can.

16. I have a friend who’s daughter was very seriously injured in a car accident. Ronald McDonald House was a HUGE help to them during the healing process. They donate toys and stuff for the kids 3 times a year by holding charity drives. It’s such a worthy cause!

I am glad that RMHC was able to help your friends in their time of need. I hope that you friend’s daughter is doing much better now.

17. I have seen firsthand the impact the RMHC has had on our community! So many low-income parents were able to be close to their children in the hospital thanks to them!

18. This is a great charity. I always donate my spare change when I am at McD’s to this charity.

19. I love the Ronald McDonald house. They do such good things! I have donated to them on many occasions and will again the future. Thank you for all the other ways to raise money for them!