Easy And Cute DIY Coffee Cup Sleeve Tutorial

Easy And Cute DIY Coffee Cup Sleeve Tutorial

If you read this blog often, then you probably know about my affinity for all things coffee. I love it hot. I love it cold. In a cup. In a tumbler. I love it with sugar. I love it with milk. Whatever. I love coffee. Except I don’t love burning my hand. Ouch. But why do those coffee sleeve thingies always have to be so ugly? Not now. ;) Check out this easy DIY Coffee Cup Sleeve and pretty your coffee up a bit.

Easy DIY Coffee Cup Sleeve

Easy And Cute DIY Coffee Cup Sleeve Tutorial

You will need…
Disposable coffee cup
Disposable coffee cup lid
Disposable coffee cup sleeve
One sheet of heavy scrapbook paper
Pen or pencil
Scissors
Glue (any glue or a glue gun works especially well)
Cute embellishments are optional (buttons, ribbons, gems, any scrapbook embellishments)

What to do…

1.) First you will need to take apart the sleeve of the coffee cup. Be especially careful not to rip the cardboard.

2.) Next, lay the sleeve on the back of the scrapbook paper and trace the outline to make a pattern.

Easy And Cute DIY Coffee Cup Sleeve Tutorial

3.) Cut out your sleeve pattern from the scrapbook paper.

Easy And Cute DIY Coffee Cup Sleeve Tutorial

4.) Next, glue the paper sleeve pattern onto the cardboard sleeve and then glue the sleeve back together.

5.) Add embellishments of your choosing to the sleeve. We recommend decorations like the paper circles and rhinestones shown here. Just be creative and make a cute sleeve that represents you.

6.) Finally, slip your beautiful new sleeve on your coffee cup and you are all done.

Easy And Cute DIY Coffee Cup Sleeve Tutorial

Turn Your DIY Coffee Cup Sleeve Into A Gift

Wouldn’t this make a cute gift for your favorite coffee lover. Somebody make one for Rachel at Roasted Beanz stat. Add a gift card to a coffee shop or even a small bag of your buddy’s best brew inside the cup and your gift is complete.

How Do You Take Your Coffee?

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for EatPlayRock.com, an entertainment site. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her dog, Daisy.

Comments

1. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

Such a cute idea. Actually, I am helping with my SIL’s baby shower next month and I might use this idea to decorate the cups.

2. I love these! I will have to try and make them too.

3. These are so cute! I think I will make some for an end of year gift for the teachers

4. How fashionalbe that coffee cup sleeve is. You could do them to match your outfits.

5. This is a great idea and very cute for a party. You could make different ones so cups don’t get confused.

6. Tiffany Steadman-Collins says:

This is really cute. If I would of seen this a couple years ago I would of made it for my bridal party as a cute little personal touch for the morning of my wedding. Super simple but yet looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

7. Wow these are really cute and I like the idea of making them for the teachers for the end of the year gift.

8. What a cute coffee sleeve. I will have to make a list of friends to make this for.

9. Great DIY … Since I love Coffee so much , I will be trying it out. I like how pretty the pattern is. It came out great

10. That is super cute. I like the matching flower so adorable.

11. It would be fun to make a few of these as gifts. I wouldn’t mind keeping some near my coffee maker too.

They would definitely look very cute sitting near the coffee maker.

12. What a great craft! I’m typically not very crafty but know I could certainly make one of these!

13. What an adorable craft. My daughter will be thrilled to make it for father’s day

14. You surely didn’t joke when you said that it was super easy. I might have to decorate my boring cups this way.

15. What a great idea! Loved all the photos! The possibilities are endless! (My hubs is the coffee drinker, I’m thinking SPORTS!)

16. This is so cool! The possibilities are endless for designs. I absolutely love the idea of making that coffee morning a bit more special.

17. What a cute idea. If you used fabric you could reuse it over and over and if you get spills on it you can wash it.

That is true. You could really personalize this in so many different ways. :)

18. I have a few of these and I love using them. There’s just something so intentional about it. I’d love to learn how to make them!

19. This is such a clever idea. Totally customizable, and you could even have your kids decorate them for a fun gift idea. Way cute!

20. What an adorable project and cute for co-workers as a just because ;)

21. Debbie Denny says:

That is a cool idea. I love my coffee also and this is so neat.

22. So simple and cute. What a great craft for the coffee lover in my life.

23. What a really cute idea! I love this design too! It would be more fun to have my own coffee cup sleeve than the boring coffee shop ones.

24. This is a really chic way to elevate a coffee cup! Very cute!

25. That turned out really pretty! It would make a great addition to a teacher’s or Mother’s Day gift.

26. What a cute idea. I love how it turned out.

27. This is such a cute idea, and so simple. I love it. I made some similar paper circles for a craft I did for St. Patrick’s day. That was a little tricky, but once you get it down it’s easy to do.

28. This coffee cup sleeve is so original. I love its unique design and how feminine it is.

29. This would be great for custom sleeves for a party. I would totally floral mine up!

30. So cute, I think you made a quite beautiful design. I’ve never considered making my own sleeve.

31. Megan Chamberlin says:

Oh, great gift idea for a java junkie! Love this!

32. That looks wonderful. I would love to try this one with my little one. She loves doing crafts and this one is easy for her too.

33. That coffee cup sleeve is adorable! I wanna make one i have lots of scrapbook paper!

34. What a fun way to dress up a coffee cup. This would be fun to make for my co-workers for one of our meetings!

35. This is so cute!!
    My daughter’s carry around their cups at school, this is a perfect tutorial for them!