Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope that you all are having a wonderful day full of family, friends, parades, dog shows, Hallmark movies and lots of turkey and pumpkin pie! I also hope that each of you has taken a few moments to reflect on all of the wonderful things that you have to be grateful for in your life. Here are 8 things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. I’d love for you to share yours so that I can see them in the comments below or on social media.
8 Things I Am Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- My daughter Amber – She really is the greatest thing that I have ever done in my time here on Earth. She has grown into such a beautiful, sweet, funny and smart young lady who I am quite proud of. I barely remember my life before she was in it and I can’t imagine my life without her in it now.
- My dogs, Daisy and Marley – I live alone, but not really. These sweet little fluffs are always happy to see me and I feel exactly the same. It’s amazing how something can love you so unconditionally. And I will never get over their sweet, adorable faces.
- My jobs – I have been blogging for several years now and I still find it fun, interesting and fulfilling. I also started substituting as I have been considering getting my Masters Degree in Teaching. I decided that before I spent all that money on a degree, and possibly moved to a new profession, I wanted to try it out first. So far, I am really enjoying it.
- My home – I know that a lot of people don’t have a warm place to stay this holiday season. I do and for that I am quite grateful.
- My extended family – Lack of time, distance and differences of opinion often keep families from being close, as it has with several members of mine. However, for the ones I do see or speak to often, I feel very fortunate to have them in my life.
- Friends – I have lots of acquaintance type friends who are fun and I definitely appreciate, but I also have a few trusted friends who I consider close confidantes. For those, I am especially grateful. It’s nice to have someone to talk to when you need it as well as to have someone with mutual interests to hang out with and just have fun.
- The Office – Yes, I am talking about the TV show. It might seem odd to include a TV show in a list of things you are grateful for but I really am thankful for this show. We all get lonely sometimes, but this bunch of misfit coworkers make me laugh and laugh. I never get tired of watching “The Office” and I never feel down when it’s on. How could I? It’s ridiculously hilarious!
- My health – As you all know, my health took a dramatic turn last year. Between getting both the flu and pneumonia and dealing with the craziness that is a massive heart attack at 41, it was not a stellar year. But this year has been pretty awesome, healthwise. I have had a cold – knock on wood – and that’s it. I tell you what though, last year really taught me to have some extra appreciation for this year. Never take your health for granted. It will be the thing you miss most when you lose it.
What are you grateful for this Thanksgiving? I’d love to know! Share the good things in your life in the comments below or on social media.
As you all know, I love my pets! If you are looking for great tips and ideas for your aquarium, be sure to check out our friends at Aquael Aquarium UK.