A few years ago, a childhood friend of mine died of breast cancer. She was only in her 30s. That is far too young to lose anyone, let alone to such an invasive and hopefully one day, curable disease. So, today I am sharing with you about an event that you can take part in if you would like to help in the fight against breast cancer. For the third year, Vacation Myrtle Beach will be hosting the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Beach Walk and Family Fun Day in Myrtle Beach in partnership with the American Cancer Society.
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Beach Walk & Family Fun Day 11/4 In Myrtle Beach
— Dawn McAlexander (@TheNewClassy) October 26, 2017
* Who: Vacation Myrtle Beach & American Cancer Society
* What: Third Annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Beach Walk and Family Fun Day
* Why: To fight breast cancer by raising money and awareness for the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer campaign.
* When: Saturday, November 4, 2017 at 9 a.m. (registration begins at 8 a.m.)
* Where: Crown Reef Resort, 2913 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC
* Cost: Walk participation is a $25 donation per person ages 13 and up; survivors and children 12 and under walk free.
* Post-Walk Celebration:
* Chili Cookoff between the top executive chefs in Vacation Myrtle Beach!
* Hair braiding & face painting
* Salty the Shark mascot appearances
* Live remote broadcast from radio station Gator 107.9
* Day passes available to Crown Reef’s indoor waterpark for just a $10 per person donation! One free child per paid adult!