Slow Cooker Chicken And Dumplings Recipe

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings Recipe

With the cold weather comes staple recipes that we particularly love this time of year. We especially love using our slow cooker as it’s just so easy. Throw all your ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning, have a delicious meal in the evening. Some of our favorites include Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese, Grandma’s Slow Cooker Pot Roast, Slow Cooker Chili and this recipe we are sharing with you today, Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings.

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings Recipe

Slow Cooker Chicken And Dumplings

We have been making this recipe for years. We started out making it on the stove but, as many of you may know, the slow cooker is my absolute favorite small kitchen appliance to use. So, we changed the recipe a bit and moved it to the slow cooker. We think that it actually tastes better cooked slower – as many recipes do – and we have not cooked it on the stove since. This recipe is one of the easiest we made, is pretty inexpensive and a perfect comfort food.

You Will Need…
4 chicken breasts {fully cooked}
1 3/4 32 oz cartons of chicken broth {so 56 oz total}
3 cans cream of chicken soup
12 frozen biscuits
5 qt slow cooker

To Prepare…
1. Put the cooked chicken breasts, broth and soup in your slow cooker.
2. Add biscuits to the top. You do not need to cut them but if you want to, heat them for a few seconds in the microwave to make this easier.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours.
4. Enjoy.

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings Recipe

Have you tried Chicken and Dumplings in the slow cooker before? What are some of your favorite comfort foods or recipes for the slow cooker? Feel free to share them in the comments below.

Want More Slow Cooker Recipe Ideas?

Want more great slow cooker recipe ideas like Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage and Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and Potatoes? Check out the rest of our slow cooker recipes here.

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for Eat Play Rock and State By State Travel. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, and their fur babies.

Comments

1. Yum! I love using my slow cooker so I’ll have to try this out. It looks delicious.

2. Chicken and dumplings is such a comfort food. Looks like your recipe is a real winner.

3. Faith Elijahleen Stephenson says:

This looks so tasty! Really a comfort food for me! Never thought of combining a chicken and a dumpling, now this sounds very interesting that I needed to try as soon as possible. lol. Thanks for the recipe. Gotta try it this week!

4. I have never had chicken and dumplings before let alone in the slow cooker. This recipes looks so good I am going to add it to my try list. Thanks for sharing!

5. Robin Rue says:

Chicken and dumplings has got to be one of my favorite comfort meals. This version in the slow cooker looks so delicious.

6. I have not had chicken and dumplings since I was a kid brings back some memories.

7. Mmmm cold weather immediately brings to mind comfort food and chicken and dumplings is definitely one of them. Never done them in the slow cooker personally and am looking forward to trying it out now. Thanks!

8. Elizabeth O. says:

This looks perfect for the winter! I’ve never tried making chicken and dumplings in a slow cooker. I’d love to keep this recipe, I’m sure my daughters will like it too!

9. I love chicken and dumplings, and it just so happens that I am coming down with the flu now this recipe is just in time.

10. YUMMY!! I love using my slow cooker and better yet, COMFORT FOOD! It is that time of year, this looks delicious! I will have to give it a try soon.

11. Our Family World says:

This is really tempting and tasty for sure! Im gonna give it a try. This is my kind of comfort food!

12. Victoria Heckstall says:

Oh my goodness! This is looks delicious! I wanna grab it from my screen!

13. Mmm this is a must try! I will be trying this out soon!

14. Now I have another reason to buy myself a slow cooker. I’ve been putting it off for the longest time. I would love to try this recipe out sometime. :)

15. Slow cooking makes food even more tastier. I would love to try this method for my vegan recipes.

16. Yum! I love chicken and dumplings. Never tried them in the slow cooker, definitely going to try this recipe.

17. I have a slow cooker here but I haven’t used it in a while. I’ll try this recipe soon, my husband and my daughter love chicken!

18. I am sure my husband will like this. He likes dumplings. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

19. I’m always on the look out for more ways to use my slow cooker. Can’t wait to try this recipe out. Chicken and dumplings is one of my favorite comfort foods.

20. I love slow cooker recipes because you just throw everything in the pot and just leave it to cook! This one’s a keeper! I must make this for me and my husband!

21. Maria Han says:

Looks like a yummy recipe! I really want to try this at home, and I bet my hubby would love this too

22. katrina gehman says:

that looks so good. I lvoe simple chicken and dumpling recipes. i need to make this soon.

23. Need to use my slow cooker more often, will definitely save on time spent at the stove.
    XO, MJ

Slow cookers are great! Glad you think so, too. While the stove works, recipes like this just simmer in the crockpot. Warm and wonderful, chicken and dumplings are a down home comfort food and family favorite. Thanks for the great recipe.

25. oh I have not had dumplings in years so going to add this to the shopping list for next week and give it a try myself for sure