7 Tips To Help You Stay Healthy While Traveling This Holiday Season #ad #HealthySavings

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #HealthySavings #CollectiveBias

So far, it has been a whirlwind November for us. Yesterday we got back to Port of Miami after a week long cruise to Cuba. Yes, people. Cuba. This year marks the first year that United States citizens have been able to sail to Cuba via cruise in 50 some years, and we were on one of the first sailings! :) Last night, we stayed in St. Augustine and today we head to Myrtle Beach. After that, who knows? With all that traveling, it’s important to take precautions to keep from getting sick. But, as we all know, sometimes no matter how much planning and how many precautions we take, we get sick anyway. So, here are some tips to help you stay healthy while traveling this holiday season {like keeping Advil Allergy Congestion Relief and Robitussin® DM Max Strength on hand, just in case}.

Tips To Help You Stay Healthy While Traveling This Holiday Season

Drink Plenty Of Water – With travel and holidays, we can often get very busy. Be sure to keep water on hand at all times and drink plenty of it. Keep a cooler full in your car while driving if necessary. It’s hard to keep up and you won’t feel your best if you are tired from dehydration.

Get Plenty Of Rest – The holidays can be hectic, with long nights staying up cooking, chatting with loved ones, etc. And long car or plane rides can drain you. If you need a nap, take one. If you get the opportunity to sleep in. Do it. You will thank me later.

Take Vitamins – It’s best to try to get what nutrients we can from food, but healthy food can be sporadic when traveling. I like to take vitamins daily, just to be sure I am getting what I need.

Surround Yourself With People You Love – We are social creatures and it’s really important to have conversations and spend time with those we care about. Having said that, that doesn’t mean we have to socialize with everyone. If you don’t have enough time for some people this holiday season, prioritize your time for those you care about most. Apologize to the rest if you like but don’t feel guilty about it.

Take Time For Yourself – Just as you need to spend time with those you love, you also need to spend time with yourself. Do something just for you like enjoying a good book, taking a long, hot bath or a nap. Sometimes we just need a break. If you can’t do some of these things at someone else’s house, take a walk to clear your head.

Take A Social Media Break – Speaking of breaks, step away from social media for a day or two if possible and be totally present with those you care about. I know that when I travel to areas with no internet or spotty service, I get a little stressed at first, but then, after the initial shock, I really enjoy the break. :)

The beautiful classic cars of Havana, Cuba.

Bring Your Own Meds – We can’t expect hosts to have our medicines of choice on hand and who wants to run to the store, sick, when we need them? Also, if you are traveling abroad {for instance to Cuba}, who knows if the medicines you prefer will even be available. That’s why I like to keep a little stash of what I need, just in case. Two of my favorite medicines are Advil Allergy Congestion Relief and Robitussin® DM Max Strength.

Advil Allergy Congestion Relief:
I like this medicine because it provides fast, effective relief of allergy symptoms such as sneezing, nasal congestion, pain, sinus pressure, nasal swelling, runny nose, headache, fever and body aches. Be sure to use as directed.

Robitussin® DM Max Strength:
With this medicine, “Your cough doesn’t stand a chance.” Who has time for a cough to slow them down during the holidays anyway? And coughing around all that yummy holiday food? No, thank you. Get some medicine and take care of that, stat. Be sure to use as directed.

Both of these medicines can easily be located at Walgreens where you can also take advantage of up to $8 in coupon savings right now! And since Walgreens is just a few minutes from my house, that is super convenient for me, as well. :)

Get Social With Walgreens

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

How Do You Stay Healthy While Traveling For The Holidays?

Allergy sufferers, will you be stocking up on Advil Allergy Congestion Relief and Robitussin® DM Max Strength? What are some other tips you can share that help you stay healthy while traveling for the holidays?

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for Eat Play Rock and State By State Travel. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, and their fur babies.

Comments

1. These are great tips. I always make sure I supplement daily, especially the Vitamin C when I travel.

2. Amy Desrosiers says:

What an exciting trip that must have been! I bet it was super pretty and different in unique ways! Glad you were prepared! #client

3. Thank you so much for sharing these tips. I love to travel, but I almost always get sick. I have to get more proactive about my travel health.

4. I will definitely be giving these tips a try. I’m already prone to getting sick, and travel can really mess with my body. I need to do everything I can to stay healthy when I’m traveling.

5. Pam Wattenbarger says:

These are great tips for staying healthy during holiday travel. Sometimes it is important to stay off social media to de-stress.

6. Catherine Sargent says:

These are great tips. It seems like someone is always sick this time of year. I will have to pick up some Advil Allergy Congestion Relief .

7. What helpful tips! Unplugging and bringing all of your necessities along are always great ideas, especially if you are going on a cruise.

8. I remember visiting Havana and having a great time… also learning a lot! Thanks for sharing these tips… lots of great pointers especially when you’re travelling during this time of the year.

9. Reesa Lewandowski says:

Yup it is the time of year when germs are everywhere!! I always get sick when travelling, so I need to follow these tips!

10. Our Family World says:

Such a brilliant tips! Staying healthy while on traveling is a must.

11. Robitussin is our go to brand for this time of year. Getting sick is the pits, but at least it helps relieve the misery.

12. These are great tips! Holiday traveling can really be stressful. These will surely be helpful!

13. These are great tips and I don’t want to say it but I always get sick for the holidays. Will keep these in mind!

14. Ann Bacciaglia says:

I have been trying to drink a lot more water lately. My skin is starting to look so much better. I would hate to get dehydrated on a trip. I try to leave a day open to just wander around and explore.

15. Wonderful tips. I find I’m the one who often feels off when traveling and end up getting sick! These are wonderful tips to keep in mind to ensure that doesn’t happen this year!

16. These are all great tips! I try to make sure I get enough rest on trips and I really watch what I eat and drink. I know it’s okay to indulge once in awhile when traveling, but I travel a lot so I need to watch it. I also pack some vitamins and essential oils when I travel.

17. It can be extremely hard to stay healthy while traveling with the expenses of all the non-food stuff. Still it’s important to at least try, great post!

18. We went to Cuba when we lived in Canada and I loved every second of it! It was wonderful. I love that you mentioned taking a social media break and a break for yourself, those are so important especially if you are starting to feel under the weather.

19. It is important for me to take allergy meds while traveling. I am sensitive to other climates, so you are offering great advice. I want to see Cuba so bad!

20. Staying hydrated and getting enough rest is important especially if you’re in a different country or place. I think these are very useful tips and it’s important for people to take note of these!

21. I am quite ill at the moment so I definitely need to stock up on more vitamins and help get my immune system in order. Great hacks.

22. Wow, Havana is seriously gorgeous. I agree that staying healthy during your vacation is important. While you don’t want to get sick during your vacation, you also don’t want to return ill either.

23. I believe in the preventative approach when it comes to travel. Then again, I am always prepared and your suggestions are wonderfully.

24. Great tips on staying healthy while traveling. I’m a big fan of Vitamin C. I pop those chewables whenever I feel like I might be getting sick and they do the trip.

25. I hate getting sick while traveling it really can ruin a trip so these are great tips!

26. How about when you take the flight back? I always managed to get sick on planes, aside from washing hands like an OCD person, do you have any other suggestions?

27. Totally agree with you about vitamins. I take them year round…and they make a difference. But – also taking time for yourself is crucial. Otherwise we get all stressed out and tired and …. here comes the unhealthy ick.

28. This really hits home. When I went to Europe this summer I got hit with spring allergies (in July). I really wish I would have brought my meds because they don’t have the same thing. But I learned! This post helps people a ton

29. As a huge traveler – this is everything. I recently got sick on a trip to Europe and struggled to find meds! Great advice to bring your own. Absolutely doing so next time.

BUT also – how was Cuba? I’ve been dying to go.

30. CourtneyLynne says:

Omg crazy jealous about that trip!!! Cuba has been on my travel bucket list for well, ever!!!!

31. Very well said! Hydrating outselves is something we usually forget when we are travelling extensively. Will definitely keep these tips in mind. :)

32. I always have a small pack of allergy medicine and ibeprofen in my bag because even though we hardly use them at home it would suck to get caught without them and need them!

33. I went to Varadero Cuba two months ago and really enjoyed it. I didnt make it to Havana but I will on my next trip. So happy you got to go its like my second home now!

34. I have never been here but thanks for all of these tips to help me make the most of a trip. I never ever bring enough water with me while we are traveling so that is something I definitely need to get better at.

35. I’m bad at drinking water and getting rest period. But these are always two great tips. I’ll have to keep the rest of these in mind too.

36. I always find myself getting sick right AFTER a trip since I feel run down and exhausted. These are great ways to stay well while on the go.

37. christina aliperti says:

I always get sick while traveling, it never fails. These are good tips that I will follow this time.