Dollywood To Host The Light The Way 5K Run/Walk On 11/11 #Dollywood

Dollywood To Host The Light The Way 5K Run/Walk On 11/11 #Dollywood

As most of you know that read my blog, I just love Dollywood. We visit often {at least a couple times a year} and can’t tell you enough about why it’s one of our absolute favorite theme parks to visit. I love even more all of the philanthropic endeavors that Dolly Parton and Dollywood take part in. So, I am pleased to share with you the following information about the Light The Way 5K Run/Walk that Dollywood will be hosting on November 11th which will benefit Keep Sevier Beautiful and Share It Forward.

Dollywood Hosts Light The Way 5K Run/Walk 11/11

Dollywood To Host The Light The Way 5K Run/Walk On 11/11 #Dollywood

Participants in the Light the Way 5K Walk/Run will see Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas festival in a new light – actually four million lights – as the theme park hosts this special event for a fifth year on Friday, Nov. 11 beginning at 11 p.m.

Proceeds from the event benefit Keep Sevier Beautiful (KSB) and the Share It Forward (SIF) program at Dollywood. KSB, an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful, is a volunteer-based organization which focuses on waste reduction/recycling, litter prevention and beautifying public spaces through education and community based programs. KSB’s goal is to protect the natural beauty of the area that millions of visitors come to see each year. SIF is a non-profit charity established for the purpose of raising and using funds to assist The Dollywood Company employees and their families in times of need. The program is funded through employee donations which are matched dollar for dollar by The Dollywood Company and, up to specified limits, by the shareholders of Herschend Family Entertainment, the park’s operating partner.

Dollywood To Host The Light The Way 5K Run/Walk On 11/11 #Dollywood

“The beauty of Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas festival combined with the challenge of a course that only a theme park can provide makes this Light the Way 5K a one-of-a-kind event for runners and walkers,” said David Owenby, Director of the Share It Forward program.

“But most importantly, this event helps provide our non-profit organizations with financial assistance just before the holidays,” added Lisa Bryant, Executive Director of Keep Sevier Beautiful.

Light the Way 5K participants are treated to a unique course decorated by the park’s four million Christmas lights, beginning their journey at Dollywood’s groups’ entrance, traversing through the parking lot and then winding through the theme park.

The race will be chip timed and managed by Scenic City Multi-Sports, which also will be offering free photos to all participants to download, tweet and share on Facebook. Awards will be presented to the top three overall for male and female participants. The top three finalists in each age division receive hand-blown glass Christmas ornaments custom-made for the event by Dollywood’s master glassblower.

Pre-registration is encouraged for the Light the Way 5K as the race is limited to 2,500 participants. Early registration between Sept. 2 – Oct. 15 is $32; regular registration and race day fee is $35. Register online at https://www.edgereg.com/registration/event/1153. Race day registration takes place from 11 a.m. -9 p.m. at Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort.

For more information, call (865) 428-9860 or visit www.lighttheway5k.net.

Dollywood To Host The Light The Way 5K Run/Walk On 11/11 #Dollywood

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for Eat Play Rock and State By State Travel. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her chihuahuas, Puppy Mister and Daisy Baby.

Comments

1. I love this! I am NOT a runner, but I’d do a 5K for Christmas lights.

2. Those Christmas lights are so beautiful. That reminds me … we have to head to a nearby place that has a whole village full of Christmas lights. The kids always love it!

3. I love running and running in 5k’s. This would be such a beautiful run! I will have to check it out for next year!

4. Catherine Sargent says:

This is one 5k that I would actually do. I have always wanted to go to Dollywood especially during the holidays.

5. Dollywood is such a magical place, especially during the Christmas holidays. What a fun 5K this would be. I don’t run, but I would definitely walk.

6. I’ve never been to Dollywood, but would love to go for something like this. Wouldn’t seem like running a 5k at all! Thanks for sharing!

7. This sounds like an awesome 5k. I would love to be at Dollywood for the holidays to see all of those lights.

8. Reesa Lewandowski says:

I have never been to Dollywood, BUT it is on my bucket list LOL. What a great 5k!

9. I don’t run, but that sure looks like it would be fun! I’d love to visit Dollywood during the Christmas season! I’ll bet it is gorgeous in person!

10. What an awesome and festive looking 5K I love that Dollywood is having this. I bet it will be great for anyone who attends 5Ks !!! I would go just to root people on and watch the lights!

11. Oh how exciting! This will be a lot of fun. The lights are going to be spectacular.

12. I’m not much of a runner but this is something I could get behind! I bet the lights are going to be beautiful!

13. We are about 45 minutes from Dollywood. I had not heard of this before. I am going to consider joining in on this.

14. I’ve ALWAYS wanted to go to Dollywood – just the idea of a themepark designed after someone amazes me! This looks like even more a reason to check it out!

15. Sounds like a fun event! I’ve done 5k before and it was really fun :D

16. I have never been to Dollywood, but I adore Dolly! I hope to make it there one day. This 5k sounds like a great way to spend some extra time there.

17. Rebecca Swenor says:

Dollywood sounds like a place I would love to visit some day. I love the fact that they are hosting the Light the Way 5k evernt and would love to be there . Thanks for sharing this awesome event.

18. I have always wanted to visit Dollywood. This would be a fun event to attend and a great way to work off some of those extra calories consumed during the holidays.

19. This looks like such a fun place to visit. My parents went and loved it but I have never been. I would love to visit someday and these pictures make me want to go even more!

20. Ourfamilyworld says:

Wow, wonderful place! Lovely neighborhood, running can never be this fun!

21. Kimberly Croisant says:

Dollywood is a place on my travel bucket list, especially during the Christmas holidays. If I ran 5K’s I would do it!!

22. I love Dollywood! I used to go every week during the summer when I was a nanny! I really need to take my kids there on our next trip to Tennessee!

23. I’ve never gotten to visit Dollywood but I’ve heard great things! This 5K sounds like it will not only be gorgeous but a blast for a good cause!

24. Adding Dollywood to my list of places to visit. I don’t run, but my children do. I know they’ll enjoy this. I’m going there for the lights. It would be so awesome! And of course, it would all be for a good cause. Thanks to Dollywood for hosting this great event.

25. I would love to go to Dollywood, especially to see these lights! The 5K sounds like a great even for runners and I love that the money raised will go towards a good cause.

26. It would be amazing to go here and to just enjoy the scenery while enjoying that 5k walk/run! It’s really more encouraging when you have a view that looks that good and it gets you into the holiday spirit as well! Love this!

27. Bonnie @wemake7 says:

Dollywood looks like really beautiful place to visit. Wish I lived closer. Would love to participate in that event.

28. This sounds like a great race. I’ve never been to Dollywood…and I love Christmas lights – so I’d love to participate

29. this looks amazing! i wish dollywood were closer to me. i am not a runner but would love to see those lights!

30. I can’t wait to see the lights at Dollywood during Christmas. It will be our first year visiting over the holidays.

31. I love running 5K’s and I love Dolly Parton, so combining the two would be absolutely amazing for me. This will be on my list of MUST-Do’s!!!

32. It is my goal to run a 5k this year or before next summer. I think this would be a fun way to exercise and see the sights! What an awesome event.

33. This looks like a lot of fun. I’ve done a variety of the 5k fun runs but this is different. This isn’t close to me but one day I need to check it out. I always hear great things about it.

34. christina aliperti says:

I would love to go to Dollywood. I have wanted to go since I was younger and it looks just like I imagined.