Learn How To Get Your Free Museum Tickets For Museum Day Live!

Learn How To Get Your Museum Day Live! Free Museum Tickets

I love going to museums. What about you? With so many museums across the country, you could learn something new everyday if you tried. If you haven’t been to a museum in while then here is your chance. September 24th is Smithsonian Day Live! What does that mean? It means that museums across the country are offering free admission!

Free Museum Tickets On Smithsonian Day Live!

On September 24th, tons of participating museums across the country will be offering free admission just like Smithsonian does every day. Check out the complete list of participating museums and be sure to take the family on a field trip that day. Each ticket grants free admission to the ticket holder plus a guest, and is valid at participating museums across all 50 states for September 24th, 2016.

The Smithsonian is the world’s largest museum and research complex consisting of 20 museums and galleries, the National Zoological Park and nine research facilities. Approximately 30 million people from around the world visit the Smithsonian annually.

Just in my nearby area in North Carolina, there are several museums that are participating that I am thinking about visiting. For the locals reading this, perhaps this might help you decide, too. All of these museums are ones that I have never been to, so they are especially interesting to me.

Winston Salem, NC

Piedmont Arts

Danville, Va
AAF Tank Museum
Danville Science Center

Wytheville, Va
Edith Bolling Wilson Birthplace Museum

What Museum Will You Be Visiting On Smithsonian Day Live!?

Have you ever participated in Museum Day Live! before? Let me know which museums you would love to visit that are near you on Museum Day Live! I would love to read about it in the comments below.

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for EatPlayRock.com, an entertainment site. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her dog, Daisy.

Comments

1. wow, that’s an amazing thing to do. I love visiting museums. I’ll have to check out the list and see if there’s any close to me.

2. We are a big fan of Museums. We have annual passes to quite a few of the ones around us. It makes it easier to go often.

3. I’m a history fanatic and am searching for areas in New Orleans, now! visiting a North Caroline plantation is high on my bucket list. Hoping to visit there within the next year. How fun!

4. Kimberly Stroh says:

Good to know! It sounds like a great event. I wish there was a GA location too.

This event is nationwide and there are lots of GA locations. There are 2 pages devoted to Georgia with 20 museums listed just on the 1st page. Check out the link above that leads to the entire list and you will find them. I just shared some local ones to me for an example.

5. I love museums and I would love to visit all of these free museums next time I plan a trip abroad. I have never heard of this celebration before but it sounds fun!

6. What a fun event. I do enjoy a good stroll through a museum. I will have to check a few of these out when I travel.

7. Sounds awesome! Who wouldn’t want free museum tickets. It would be nice to have this especially during the last stretch of the summer!

8. Visiting a museum is one of enjoyable activity to do. I’d love to visit Old Salem Museums and Gardens, and
    Museum of Anthropology at Wake Forest University.

9. I also love museums! I wish I was going to be closer to some of these amazing museums! We love to go to our state museum regularly – it is a perfect rainy day activity for the kids!

10. What a great resource for museums…wish I lived in one of those areas to be a part. I love to visit museums and try to pop into our art museum at least a few times a year!

I just shared museums in my area but it’s happening nationwide. There is a link to the complete list in the article above if you want to check and see if museums in your area are offering this.

11. This sounds like it is an amazing thing for the museum near you. I wish we had something like this near us.

Since it’s nationwide, there may be several near you if you are in the US. There is a link above that leads to the full list.

12. We love going to museums when we travel. We have been to the Smithsonian twice and loved it both times. We need to spend a lot more time in there, though. Fantastic collection!

13. I have never. Visiting the Smithsonian is one of my Bucket List items and I wish that could happen someday! I bet it would be interesting. I’m such a geek.

I visited the Smithsonian as a child but I would love to visit again very soon.

14. Oh this is so very cool. I hope all the schools are aware of this as this could be very beneficial to them

15. Robin Rue says:

Museums are so much fun and this is such a great program! I will have to look and see if any are participating in my area.

16. I just went and downloaded my ticket and am having my husband do one for him. We are in Charleston, SC and have never been to the Powder museum and my boys are now 8 and will probably be interested in it. Thanks for letting me know about it!

17. Every time we visit the DMV area we visit some of the national museums. The next time we are planning to attend is in January and we will continue the tradition!

18. This is such a great way for history buffs to enjoy this event with their friends and loved ones. I wish I was in one of the participating cities so I could go.

There is a link in the article above to the complete list. I just shared a sample in my area. So, you should check. You very well might be near several participating museums.

19. I love when museums offer days like this! These sound like great places to visit too!

20. What a brilliant way to visit a new museum! I always check out which days a particular museum is free (they often have at least one per month) but this is a great way to do it with people all across the country!

I had no idea that so many museums offer free visits on random days throughout the month. I will definitely start keeping an eye out for that.

21. I wonder if any of the museums in Cincinnati will be participating. Or is your list the only locations?

Museums across the country will be participating. I just wanted to share some in my local area as an idea. I did take a quick look and found that the Xavier University Art Gallery in Cincinnati is participating. There are probably more around your area, too. There is a link in the article to the complete list. Hope that helps.

22. I love free museum days! I live downtown Chicago and we have them all of the time! Of course, we have memberships now! Gotta take advantage!

Oh wow! I visited Chicago once, many moons ago, in my teens and I remember there being a lot of awesome museums there. Hopefully I will get back to visit again one day.

23. I will not be visiting these museums any day soon, but I’d still love to visit them someday! I love going to museums. :)

24. Courtneylynne says:

I’m all about museums!!!! All types. I majored in history in college so anything that does with the past, I’m totally obsessed with it!

I am like you – I love a good museum. While I didn’t major in History {Psychology for me}, I did take quite a lot of electives in the field. I even took Country Music History! It was a great class, too. :)

25. Love this tip! Thank you so much. My dad and I love going to museums! This is great <3