Cheap Nail Polish Organization Idea: How We Organized Our Nail Stuff In This Yard Sale Craft Box

A few weeks ago, I was out yardsaling and found this cute, pink craft box. It was only $2, so I knew I could figure out something to do with it – even if it wasn’t for crafts. And then, voila! I realized it would be perfect for nail polish organization – something that I have been desperately needing for some time now. I mean, Amber and I have nail polish everywhere. So, let me share with you my nail polish organization idea. :)

Nail Polish Organization Idea: Using A Craft Box

The key to having your nail polish ready when you need it is organization. So, I have been using this craft box for my nail polish organization for a month or so now and love it. I thought some of you might, too, so let me tell you how I have it organized.

On the top of the craft box there are two compartments with lift tops. On the left, I put all of my top coats, base coats, things of that nature. I also have my really small bottles of polish in there that will never get seen if kept with the other polishes. On the right side, I keep my glitter polish. My daughter doesn’t love glitter polish that much because it is so hard to remove but I love it, so I keep it on top so I can always get to it first. :) Both of these compartments snap securely closed and I have had no problems with them opening. If I were you, I would try my best not to drop the craft box though, lol.

In the inside lift out tray, I keep the nail polish remover, hand sanitizer, lotion, cotton swabs {they are in the Frozen box and the red box}, nail file, clippers {they are under something} and those nail polish remover pad things. Underneath the tray, I keep all of my polish. I try to organize it by color but it doesn’t tend to stay that way long when my daughter gets her hands on my nail polish. I might have to hide it from her. :P I also keep cotton balls in there. She prefers those and I prefer the pad remover things, so I try to keep both on hand.

Do You Have Any Nail Polish Organization Ideas To Share?

So, what do you think? Do you like my nail polish organization idea? Do you have advice for how I could better organize my nail stuff? Is there something else that I need in the craft box? If so, please let me know in the comments below.

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for Eat Play Rock and State By State Travel. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her chihuahuas, Puppy Mister and Daisy Baby.

Comments

1. Robin Masshole Mommy says:

That is a great idea. I have bottles of nail polish ALL OVER the place and would love to do something like this so I can keep them all in one place.

2. Angelic Sinova says:

What a genius idea! I can’t tell you how many random nail polishes I have lying around the house (funny thing is, I can never find them when I actually need them!).

3. Organization feels AWESOME! Especially when it’s done on the cheap :)

That is so true. You can buy expensive stuff to organize, or you can be patient, like me, and buy the stuff at yard sales on on sale in the store. :)

4. Your nail polish collection looks great – so organized and tidy! I’d love to find a box like that to keep everything in order! I have nail polishes all over the place now!

5. Here’s how I organize: I have one color: clear. NO KIDDING. If I put color on, I go and get a mani. :)

6. This is a great idea! I have all of my nail polish sitting on a shelf in the bathroom – probably not the nicest way to store it :-) Sometimes I wish I still had my old kaboodles…

7. That is a lot of nail polish! I definitely like your way of organizing. My nail polishes are all over!

8. Wow, what a great idea! I think my daughter needs something like this. She has a ton of nail polish!

9. I’ve always loved finding cheap solutions for things. This is a great idea. Where do you store the box though?

I have either been keeping it in my bathroom closet on a shelf or in my bedroom closet. I haven’t decided on the permanent place yet.

10. Wow! £2 for that pretty pink compartment box is such a steal and there is so much room to store everything you could possibly need.

11. Ugh, I have my nail stuff all over the place. This is a really good idea. Must have a look for something similar in a yard sale.

12. OH gosh, this is really great! I love the idea with Summer time coming that we organize like this. Looks like a one-stop nail shop ;)

13. Ha! This is a great idea. Mine are all stuck in a drawer where I can’t see what any of them are. I wouldn’t have thought to use a tool box like this!

14. I love this idea! I actually keep my nail polishes and nail supplies in a baby wipes container but it is not nearly big enough. I love the pink box and the way that everything fits into it perfectly.

A baby wipes container is a great idea, too, especially if you just have a small collection or all of your bottles are those really small ones.

15. I love how it looks like a toolbox. Some may argue these are our tools – hahaha! This reminds me I need to upgrade my nail polish storage. I have so many polishes and not enough space. Cute idea!

I was actually calling it a tool box to begin with until someone let me know that it was actually a craft box, lol.

16. This is a great idea! An easy (and cheap!) way to keep everything in ONE PLACE so you aren’t looking all over the bathroom for supplies when you want to do your nails.

17. This is such a great idea that I could totally use. I have a bag full of nail polish sitting in my closet right now.

18. This is such a great idea, this reminds me of a old school product I used to store my makeup in. My nail polish is all over the place.

19. CourtneyLynne says:

Omg how cleaver!!! This is something my daughter and I Need to do. I swear we are nail
    Polish hoarders lol…

20. What a clever way to organize! My sister and I had something like this growing up.

21. That’s a really great idea and I just love the color pink. I don’t really do my own nails so I barely have any polishes at home, so won’t need anything this big.

I did luck out finding it in pink. I tried to find another just like it online but no luck yet.

22. This can really have everything organized. I think the box can help you bring more items and do the work faster.

23. Taylor Ebner says:

I love finding new ways to organize, and this is brilliant!

24. That’s a really pretty organizer box! I think my girl would love that one to organize her stuff.

25. Jeanine says:

This is great. My mom had something like this when she was alive, she had hundreds of nail polishes she was always doing her nails. Wish I had more than I do.

26. What a great idea! I have so much nail polish and no place to put it. I’ll definitely be using this!

27. This idea is amazing! My teen daughters have nail polish everywhere and some how the bottles end up on my bookshelves. That drives me crazy! We are getting a pink craft box, right away!

28. Love the idea! I’d suggest getting some clear circle stickers and painting them with the nail polish then sticking them on the top of the nail polish bottles so you can see at a glance the color you are looking for ;)

OH WOW! That is a fabulous idea! I think I will definitely be doing that in the near future. Thanks!

29. I love this concept! Thank you for sharing your idea, because I need to something like this for my skincare collection.

30. Marielle says:

This nail polish organizer is just what I need. I currently have mine stashed in a clear plastic bin. This would be perfect! I love the pink color too!

31. This is a great idea! Our nail polish assortment is one giant mess in a basket. This is much more organizd.

32. Great tips! I usually throw mine in a clear bag, LOL. Although, I haven’t done my fingers or toes in a LOOOONG time! I should pamper myself more often.

33. I love this craft box and it’s so perfect for nail polish storage. I should have something like this at home.

34. That craft box is adorable! I have one just like it for my tools :) Never thought to organize nail polish like this, mine is strewn all over multiple cabinet shelves – this is really a great idea!