Mom And Daughter Gym Bag Essentials #cbias #ad #SnackandRally

This shop has been compensated by CollectiveBias, Inc. on behalf of its advertiser, ZonePerfect. #SnackandRally #CollectiveBias

Mom and Daughter Gym Bag Essentials #cbias #ad #SnackandRally

Recently my daughter and I decided to start working out together at a local gym. We both want to make our health more of a priority and working out together is fun. For convenience, we put all of the things that we need at the gym in one bag together. If you would like to do the same thing, check out our mom and daughter gym back essentials.

Amber and I work out in the morning together. We do this because she has school {though they are out for summer right now} and she has a job. We find this is the best time for us and I am, honestly, way more energetic in the morning. After our time at the gym, we have a day crammed full of other activities, so it’s important that we have what we need when we leave for the gym so that we are not pressed for time having to run back to the house before our workout.

Mom and Daughter Gym Bag Essentials #cbias #ad #SnackandRally

Mom And Daughter Gym Bag Essentials

The Right Bag – First, you need a good bag. I don’t like anything big and bulky, so I use the drawstring ones that you carry on your back. We have several of those and change them out often. They also usually have a zippered pocket which is great for cash, debit cards, your wallet, etc. We use one of the key hook things to attach our keys to the cords.

Headphones – We both like to listen to music while on the machines. So, we just grab some headphones and hook them up to our phones and we are ready to go.

Cell phone – You will need this or another device if you want to listen to your own music while at the gym. Also, if there is an emergency, people need to be able to contact you.

Hand Sanitizer – Our gym has stuff to clean the machines with, but I like to sanitize my hands after touching that dispenser, too, lol. To each their own. :)

Hand Towels – If your gym does not provide these, you might want to bring them yourself.

Keys – You won’t get far when you leave the gym if you don’t have your keys.

Gym Swipe Card – Mine is on my key ring, but if yours is not, you will definitely need to made sure that you bring it if your gym requires one.

Water Bottles – Sometimes we take the ones that have hooks to attach them to our bag. Mostly we don’t though, as they can be hard to release if you are in a hurry. We always bring water bottles that fit in the cup holders on the machines at our gym.

Cash/ Debit Card – You can bring your whole wallet if you like, but we often just bring a few dollars cash or our debit card so that we can get something to drink if we want something besides water.

Gym Clothes – We don’t generally bring a change of clothes as our gym is just a few minutes from our house and we do not go there and then somewhere else afterwards. So, we just go in our gym clothes and then come home and change and shower. But, you might want to pack extra clothes and toiletries if your situation is different than ours.

Sneakers – Make sure you have comfy sneakers. You can carry them in your gym bag if you like so that you can change in and out of them if you are going someplace after the gym besides your house. If you are worried that your sneakers will get your gym bag dirty, you can always put them in a large, plastic bag, inside your gym bag.

ZonePerfect® Nutrition BarsZonePerfect® Nutrition Bars are perfect for your mother and daughter gym bag. We like to keep different kinds on hand so that we can change them up. They have a lot of varieties but some of our favorites are Cinnamon Roll, Chocolate Mint, Fudge Graham and Dark Chocolate Almond.

Mom and Daughter Gym Bag Essentials #cbias #ad #SnackandRally

Developed by a nutrition company, ZonePerfect® Bars are perfect for a high energy lifestyle. They are rewarding and satisfy cravings, while also being a good source of fiber with no less than 10 grams of protein and no HFCs.

Mom and Daughter Gym Bag Essentials #cbias #ad #SnackandRally

Save $4 On ZonePerfect® Nutrition Bars

Right now you can save big on ZonePerfect® Nutrition Bars at Walmart. Buy 2 boxes of ZonePerfect® Nutrition Bars at Walmart and save up to $4! We were able to find ZonePerfect® Bars easily at Walmart in the Nutrition section near Pharmacy.

Mom and Daughter Gym Bag Essentials #cbias #ad #SnackandRally

What Do You Pack In Your Mom And Daughter Gym Bag?

What do you think of our mom and daughter gym bag essentials? Did we miss anything? Leave a comment below and let us know.

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for Eat Play Rock and State By State Travel. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her chihuahuas, Puppy Mister and Daisy Baby.

Comments

1. I think you’re so right about adding a snack in your gym bag. It can often be overlooked compared to the other necessities in there, but I think it’s just as important! Fudge Graham is my fav! #client

2. Robin Masshole Mommy says:

Those bars sound awesome. I am going to have to pick up a box of them for my own gym bag.

3. Those bars sound great. It’s so important to get nutrition into your body as soon as your workout is over.

4. Water bottles are so important. You don’t want to wind up dehydrated while working out.

That is so true. My daughter was actually so sick one time that she was hospitalized for dehydration and it was no fun.

5. I just bought my daughter a gym membership so she can join me all summer at the gym. These bars are perfect for her after a good workout

6. Our gym makes us remove our tennis shoes at the door and either exchange them for tennis shoes that are clean from road use or flip flops, or even rubber soled socks. Strange, huh?

That is definitely strange. I have never heard of that. I am hoping that you get to change into your own shoes and not borrow theirs, at least.

7. I love that you both work out with each other and those protein bars look delicious and healthy! How can you have energy in the morning though lol!

Haha! I have way more energy in the morning and early afternoon. It’s the evening that gets me. I am good for nothing then. :D

8. These are definitely the things I would bring too. You definitely have to bring extra protein if you want to repair muscle!

9. these bars sound Amazing. I must look fro them adn get some.

10. Zone Perfect bars are, well, perfect when you need something healthy and fast. It is always good to have emergency bars on hand in time of hunger!

11. I haven’t tried the Zone bars yet but I do keep granola bars in my purse for when I’m traveling. These would be handy to have on hand as well.

12. I really want to try these! I have been looking for a great protein bar for after my workouts!

13. I have definitely enjoyed protein bars in the past; I find that eating them can assist in weight loss. I like to keep a water bottle and change of clothes, along with extra hair rubber bands in my bag.

14. I’ve never packed a mom and daughter gym bag but I know that I never go anywhere without my headphones and music.

15. Ryan Escat says:

Nice post, I hope you will have a father and son gym bag essential too.

Only ladies in this house. Sorry. That is a fabulous idea, though. I could try to come up with one, but I am sure I will miss something that you guys would need that I wouldn’t think of. :)

16. I don’t think you missed out on anything, dear. I can bookmark this one and I do the same when it comes cash, just bring an amount enough for some quick choices.

17. I love that you have a mom and daughter gym bag. Love that you also include protein bars.

18. What a great list for gym bag essentials, I am so glad you shared this list. It certainly will help those headed to the gym to be proactive and organized to get maximum fitness in!

19. My husband says having a snack is essential – he is always starved by the time he is done working out. I will have to look for these, they look good!

20. I need to go back and replenish my gym bag. We’re considering joining the YMCA in our neighborhood.

We don’t have a YMCA near us. You are so lucky. I have heard they have nice exercise programs.

21. I work out with my daughter twice a week. We do hip hop and zumba together. I should pack some of these Zone Perfect bars in our bag for a quick after workout pick me up!

22. I have never tried the Zone bars but I know quite a few people who swear by them. I am always looking for new snacks to try so one of these day I will have to.

23. This is adorable to have a gym bag for both of you. I cannot wait to be able to go to the gym with my daughter

24. How sweet is that going to gym with your daughter, and having a healthy bonding time together. BTW, even though I don’t go to gym, but I think the Zone Nutrition Bars is something I’d like to have. I want some snacks that is not only delicious but also healthy.

25. aziel morte says:

I would love to try this, I always looking for a good protein bar, Glad that you share this

26. I love these Zone bars and eat them in the late afternoon before the gym. I wish we could still have gym bags at our gym but they recently banned them from people stealing.

27. I carry most of the same things in MY gym bag too! I need to check out these Zone bars as I like to have bars in my bag for a post workout snack.

28. My kids each have their own ready bag for on the go, whether it is going to the beach, roadtripping, out to exercise or whatever….and good snacks are a must.

29. Thats sweet mother and daughter work out! I never heard of these bars but looks great!

30. Gyms are so gross! I need to add more cleaning products for myself & the things around me to my gym bag. I also need to replenish my bars. The cinnamon roll is delicious.

31. I haven’t had a Zone bar in so long and I’m not even sure why. Great list for a well stocked gym bag.

32. My daughter goes to the gym with me from time to time. It would be fun to have gym bags that have the same essentials!

33. Sarah Bailey says:

These bars look great! Essential for sure to have in your bag for the gym. You need to keep your energy up.

34. You’ve done a great job picking the essentials. Water and some form of music are a must for me.

35. Whew, thank God that for now I exercise at home. Packing the right things for a gym bag is so essential…BUT you have got this covered

36. It’s great that you all work out together in the mornings! My daughter and I are developing an accountability plan for our weight loss journey this summer. This is inspiring us..and our bags!

37. What great essentials! You have all bases covered.

38. I think adding a snack is a great idea. It sounds like you have it all.

39. This is a great resource! My daughter wants to start going to the gym as well…What a great way to pack everything in the same bag and the bars are perfect for on the go!

40. My mom and I tried working out together not long ago and for whatever reason, it put us into hard giggles and we could never stop so we thought it would be better apart.

Hahaha! That is too funny. Yeah, sometimes you are best to just find a new workout buddy.

41. Having some sanitizer with you is definitely a must have after working with all of the equipment that a lot of other people have too. These are great must haves!

42. Nicole Escat says:

Wow, this is a great idea. I don’t have a daughter but a son, the sanitizer is a must in every activity we have!

43. Love this post. You should always add a snack to your gym bag, and protein bars are perfect!

44. How cute is a mummy daughter workout :) I love it! My son loves working out with me when I work out at home – although he is one so he pretty much just climbs on me and goes through my legs when they look like tunnels :)

45. This is an awesome list! I like to keep face wipes and deodorant in my gym bag in case I need to do a quick refresh between the gym and something else!