My Journey And Advice For A Better Night’s Sleep #sponsored #IC

I participated in an Ambassador program on behalf of Influence Central for Pernix Therapeutics. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation.

Facts and Tips for dealing with Chronic Insomnia

As you might recall from recent posts, I am following certain shut eye strategies to try to get a better night’s sleep. I have suffered from insomnia on and off for as long as I can recall. Sometimes I have a hard time going to sleep but, for the most part, it’s the staying asleep that is the problem for me. I tend to go to bed, sleep for 3-4 hours and then wake up without being able to go back to sleep. As I know many of you are suffering the same as me, I wanted to share my struggle and hopefully help you get a better night’s sleep as well.

My Two Month Journey To A Better Night’s Sleep

In my previous post I shared with you some tips that can help you get a better night’s sleep. These include things like increasing your activity early in the day, creating a comfy atmosphere conducive to restfulness, going dark before bed and, my personal favorite, signing off of digital devices at least an hour before bed.

As a blogger, I am on the internet all day. Literally. I always have the computer or the phone next to me, doing stuff online. I even had a bad habit of taking the phone to bed with me to make sure that I didn’t miss anything. Let me tell you, it’s really hard to get to sleep when you are constantly checking your phone. It’s also hard to stay asleep when your phone wakes you every time there is a noise, buzz or other kind of alert going off all night. So, I have been trying really hard to turn my phone down at night and step away from it at least an hour before bed.

I can’t say that I am perfect. However, I can say that on the nights when I ignore the phone around bedtime, I tend to get a better night’s sleep. I think it might be mostly because I am no longer as stressed. It’s hard to ignore responsibility when it’s right there beside you. I have learned over these past two months that it’s also my responsibility to get a good night’s sleep so that I can be healthy, too. Whatever alert that comes at night will also be there in the morning. I can address it them.

Facts and Tips for dealing with Chronic Insomnia

When Lifestyle Changes Don’t Guarantee A Better Night’s Sleep

I realize that many of you suffer a similar situation to mine. I also realize that, for some people, changes in lifestyle aren’t always enough to guarantee one a good night’s sleep. We are all different. For those people, there are other options. Asking for help is nothing to be ashamed of. You owe it to yourself to have the best life possible and that involves getting enough sleep.

There are now effective treatment options available for those suffering with insomnia, including SILENOR®, a prescription sleep aid that is used to treat people with insomnia who have trouble staying asleep.

· Most sleep medications help you fall asleep but don’t necessarily help you stay asleep. SILENOR® is a medication that actually helps you stay asleep throughout the night, for a full night’s sleep.

· It is not associated with a risk of abuse or physical dependence.

· If a better night’s sleep is evading you, be sure to talk it over with your doctor. Together, you can find a plan of action that is right for you.

· If you would like to learn more about how to achieve a full, uninterrupted night’s sleep, please visit Wanttosleepmore.com for more information.

SILENOR® is a prescription sleep medicine that is used to treat people with insomnia who have trouble staying asleep. Call your doctor if your insomnia worsens or is not better within 7 to 10 days. This may mean that there is another condition causing your sleep problem. Be sure that you are able to devote 7 to 8 hours to sleep before being active again. SILENOR® should be taken within 30 minutes of bedtime. Do not take with alcohol or with other medicines that can make you sleepy. If you are on a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) or have taken a MAOI within the past two weeks, you should not take SILENOR®. You should not take SILENOR® if you have an eye problem called narrow angle glaucoma that is not being treated, if you have severe urinary retention, or if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in SILENOR®. You should not drive or operate machinery at night after taking SILENOR®. Until you know how you will react to SILENOR®, you should be careful in performing such activities during the day following taking SILENOR®. Before you take SILENOR®, tell your doctor if you have a history of depression, mental illness or suicidal thoughts. You should call your doctor right away if after taking SILENOR® you walk, drive, eat or engage in other activities while asleep. Drowsiness is the most common adverse event observed in clinical trials. For more information, please see the complete Prescribing Information, including the Medication Guide, at https://www.silenor.com/Content/pdf/prescribing-information.pdf. You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

disclosure-sponsored-post-300x91

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for EatPlayRock.com, an entertainment site. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her dog, Daisy.

Comments

1. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

As long as my husband is not snoring, I can sleep just fine. We seriously need separate bedrooms LOL.

2. I am right there with you in blogging and hardly sleeping! Seems it comes with the job we sneak in as many hours as we can find within a day or night.

3. Most of the nights I am blogging and can’t seem to sleep in the day. But I will take mini naps throughout the day thanks for sharing.

4. Sleep is so hard to come by for me. I’m seriously bordering on being an insomniac. Yeesh!

5. I have insomnia because of my chronic back pain and I have to take a prescription sleep medicine every night. I’ll as my doctor about SILENOR® and see if he recommends a change.

I am sorry to hear about your back pain. Good luck finding a plan that works for you with your doctor.

6. I have a regular routine, but I still suffer from insomnia. I do usually get about 6 hours a night, but there are nights that I get maybe 2 or 3! Nothing helps me sleep (I have tried it all) so I just deal with it.

7. I often have insomnia due to anxiety. I treasure nights when I am actually able to sleep and will invest anything and everything in a good night of sleep!

8. I’ve been having a rough time sleeping since we moved in to our new house. It’s been terrible, I need to work on getting a better nights sleep.

It can definitely be difficult getting used to sleeping in a new place. I hope you get your sleep schedule worked out soon.

9. Turning of gadgets is my biggest problem. I work from home so I work myself until I’m tired.

10. I’d love to achieve a full, uninterrupted night’s sleep. However, I am guilty of having my phone or tablet right next to me at bedtime!

11. Putting the technology down at least an hour before bedtime is great advice, though sometimes so hard to do! It would be worth it for a better night’s sleep, that’s for sure.

12. It’s hard to fall asleep when your mind just won’t turn off. I always have my phone nearby.

13. I struggle with sleep, it just does not come easy for me no matter how much I was active in the day, i find it hard

14. I have suffered from insomnia from time to time and it is no fun. Thankfully, I do not have to take meds for it.

15. I have to admit, my sleep schedule has been totally out of whack lately. I desperately need to get back on track.

Once you get off track, it can be so hard to get back on it. I definitely work better on a schedule.

16. I feel like I have insomnia, but usually because I feel the urge to be online all the time, it’s such a bad habit.

17. I work from home and was also taking my phone to bed with me. It is hard to relax when you are online. I have set a time that i shut off all my devices half an hour before bed. That way i can turn off my brain easier when i go to bed.

18. It is so important to get enough sleep. I had to stop watching TV in bed. I was staying up way to late watching TV.

19. Elizabeth O. says:

This is such an eye opener. Insomnia is something that we should all consider having checked especially since we work at home and we are always on the computer.

20. Sabrina @ Dinner, then Dessert says:

I definitely haven’t been getting enough sleep lately! But the kids are keeping me so busy I can’t help it!

21. I know I definitely don’t get as much sleep as I should. It’s so hard to stop when I’m in the middle of something and to turn my brain off.

22. It is 3:17 am as I type this……INSOMNIA and a brain that won’t quit!

23. I never get enough sleep. It’s not even 5 am and I am already awake. I definitely need to talk to my doctor about it.

I am so sorry. I hope that you and your doctor can find a plan of action that works for you.

24. Having a good night’s sleep is very important. I make sure to turn off all gadgets before getting to bed.

25. I had my share of bad nights and I’m just glad I got through it. It’s great there are available products to help those who has insomnia.

26. I am an excellent sleeper- one of my top talents- LOL! But my husband does not always sleep well so I will pass this advice on to him!

27. I am truly finding a good way to get a good night sleep. But as a blogger, I think that won’t happen anytime soon.

28. Debbie Denny says:

I do have times when I don’t sleep and am up til all hours of the night. I have been going without my electronics and that does seem to let me wind down.

29. Most bloggers don’t get enough sleep. I make sure to take power naps in the afternoon.

30. Sleep? What is that??!! Lol… I’ve been struggling with insomnia lately. So I’ve changed up my sleeping arrangements. Moved the bed to a different wall and new sheets. It’s helped a little bit. But not failsafe

31. I’ve recently cured my insomnia. I go to bed at a normal hour and actually wake up refreshed. It feels great!

32. i have my ups and downs. Most of the time I get about 5/6 hours of sleep but there times when I am up all hours of the night. I hate when that happens. Ugh.

33. I hear you on being plugged in 24/7 as a blogger. I deliberately close my laptop and put my phone out of reach every night.

34. Getting more sleep is really important. I am sleeping for only 3 hours these past few weeks due to my works and after that i am watching movies. so i don’t have more sleep.