7 Benefits Of Travel Insurance #sponsored #Allianz

Today’s post is sponsored by Allianz Travel Insurance through the Bloggy Moms Network.

7 Benefits Of Travel Insurance

In January, Jay and I took our first cruise. It was so great that we scheduled another one for the end of the year and this time Amber and Mackenzie are going with us. Though I feel that with the all-inclusiveness a cruise is a great travel investment, it is also an expensive one. With four people going, you never know what could happen. I haven’t had to cancel an expensive trip yet, but I want to know that I am protected if I do have to. That is where travel insurance is so important.

The Benefits Of Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance Can Protect You If You Need To Cancel Your Trip – Travel insurance is there to protect travelers when they have to cancel a pre-paid trip for reasons covered by their policy. We don’t want to think about the possibility of having to cancel a vacation that we have planned for all year, however it is always a real possibility.

Travel Insurance Can Offer Assistance In Medical Emergencies – For instance, Allianz Global Assistance offers 24/7 access to emergency medical referrals and travel assistance. It can also arrange and pay for emergency medical transportation should you need it.

Travel Insurance Can Protect You Against Unexpected Travel Expenses – If you have an unexpected need of cash, travel insurance can help you with emergency cash arrangements while you travel.

Travel Insurance Can Help You Locate And/Or Replace Lost Or Stolen Items – Losing travel documents is not in ideal way to start your vacation but Allianz Global Assistance can help you replace your lost travel documents. They can also offer lost luggage assistance.

Travel Insurance Can Help With Translation - Travel Insurance can provide you with emergency interpretation and translation document translation.

Travel Insurance Can Provide Legal Help – If you have legal issues while traveling, Allianz Global Assistance can provide you with emergency messaging and also provide you with emergency legal referrals.

Travel Insurance Can Provide You With Travel Information – Perhaps you just want to know a little more about where you are going. Travel Insurance can help you with that, too.

Allianz Global Assistance Offers 24/7 Travel Assistance

Allianz Global Assistance’s team can help travelers with medical emergencies, travel snafus and more. They are a leading travel insurance company that offers 24/7 assistance. Read more about all of the benefits of travel insurance and get a policy at AllianzTravelInsurance.com.

Socialize With Allianz Travel Insurance

Website / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / TravelSmart App

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for EatPlayRock.com, an entertainment site. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her dog, Daisy.

Comments

1. I think the idea of travel insurance is brilliant, especially if you’re traveling outside of the US. You never know what can happen on a trip especially with kids in tow! It would be really reassuring to know we’d be protected a little bit!

2. We travel a lot, but I’ve never thought of getting an insurance. I’ll make sure we have this next time.

3. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

We travel quite a bit, but I have never gotten travel insurance before. Maybe I should look into it the next time we go away.

4. Even though I travel a lot I’ve never gotten travel insurance. I’m sure I’ll need it one day but so far I’ve been doing great without it.

5. Rebecca Bryant says:

I have never bought travel insurance but after reading this I will have to reconsider on my next trip. I really didn’t know it covered so much.

I have purchased it in the past and for an upcoming trip and had no idea it covered so much, too. :)

6. We make sure we use Travel insurance when we are leaving the country but we never think of using it for trips closer to home. (which we should) we just paid a mint for ours but if something happens it will pay for our trip and we won’t be stuck. Not all insurances are the same either!

We definitely made sure to get it for an upcoming cruise. That is just way too much money to lose should we have to cancel. Eek.

7. CourtneyLynne says:

Hehehehe not gunna lie, I always pass on travel insurance…. Unfortunately I have had to cancel trips last minute and joke was on me because travel Insurance would of been a life saver since I ended up losing abunch of money

Oh no, I hate to hear that. I hope that you consider it next time you travel, just in case.

8. I used to work for a very popular airline (still in business) and I remember when travel insurance was just breaking ground, it is definitely a great idea! I have to confess I have to take a cruise, I’m a ‘cruise virgin’. :-)

9. In all my years of travelling I’ve never thought about getting Travel Insurance. You’ve raised some good points in this post especially about getting a refund in the event of cancellation and also medical emergencies. This is an eye opener and definitely informative.

10. Pretty much will never travel without it again. Saved our butts last year.

I hate that you were in a position where you needed to use it, but I am glad that you had it to use. :)

11. Travel insurance is very important. I skipped this option when i was single. I have 2 kids and won’t travel without travel insurance… too risky

12. You just never what will occur on a trip! It is definitely a good idea to have travel insurance. I don’t have it right now, but I need to look into it.

13. Travel insurance is a must every time we plan our vacation. It gives me and my family peace of mind knowing that there will be a credible company who cares about our welfare.

14. That’s one thing we’ve never really think about but very important. I would like to consider this in the future travels that we go to.

15. There’s a lot of myths or misconception about travel insurance. Glad that you cover the importance of it here at your blog

16. I think travel insurance is a wise investment. It protects you from the unknowns. While we were on our cruise, we had a passenger get hurt in mexico. They had to disembark and find their own way back home.

17. I didn’t know it could help with translation. I can think of many times that would have come in handy.

18. I think it’s extremely important. My husband always makes sure we covered when we travel overseas especially when you have kids.

19. Travel insurance is So important, I never travel without it. Too many things can come up!

20. Last minute cancellations are always a worry! Travel insurance definitely helps with that!