Easy Slow Cooker Corned Beef And Cabbage Recipe

Easy Slow Cooker Corned Beef And Cabbage Recipe

My friend, Johnetta, gave me 3 heads of cabbage the other day. I knew that Jay would eat one raw but I wanted to cook the other 2 in something. I had been wanting to try corned beef and cabbage for a while, so I asked some of my friends what might be good with cabbage and here is what we came up with. And, yes, it is very tasty. And easy. You guys know I love an easy recipe.

Easy Slow Cooker Corned Beef And Cabbage Recipe

Easy Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage Recipe

You Will Need…
1 head of cabbage {shredded or chopped up}
2 cans of corned beef
1 small bag of baby carrots {I think ours was 12 ounces}
6 potatoes {sliced, I leave the skin on, but that’s really up to your preference}
1 large onion {chopped and/or diced}
salt and pepper {to taste}

*I think ours is a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker, so you may want to adjust the recipe accordingly.

To Prepare…
Add all of your ingredients to the slow cooker in layers. First, I added the cabbage, then the carrots, potatoes and then onions.

Remove the corned beef from the cans – be careful. In my experience, these cans are ridiculous to get open. Be very careful not to cut yourself. Amber shared a little trick with me the other day. If you take the cans of corned beef and use the can opener to make a hole in them before opening, they are way easier to open. I guess it breaks the seal. Fabulous!

Finally, add the corned beef to the top and salt and pepper to taste. You could also skip on the salt and pepper and just add it to bowls when served if you like.

Easy Slow Cooker Corned Beef And Cabbage Recipe

We started this before we went to bed and let this cook for about 12 hours on low so we could have it for lunch the other day. However, keep in mind that you should always keep a close eye on your slow cooker for safety reasons, so you may want to start it early in the morning and have it, instead, for supper.

Serving suggestion: We like to add some butter and Worcestershire Sauce to ours when we eat it. I don’t cook it with either of those ingredients, though, as some may not like that.

Easy Slow Cooker Corned Beef And Cabbage Recipe

I don’t add too many spices to my recipes for the most part. I like to let people season their foods the way they like. Except when I spice things up. We are all about some spices here. This particular dish is not spicy, though, but it does have a certain smell when it cooks. I mean, it is cabbage and corned beef, after all. We think the smell is worth is though. :)

Enjoy.

Easy Slow Cooker Corned Beef And Cabbage Recipe

Have You Tried Corned Beef And Cabbage Before? What Did You Think?

Do you have a recipe that would be tasty with this? Feel free to link to it in the comments.

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for EatPlayRock.com, an entertainment site. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her dog, Daisy.

Comments

1. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

That sounds awesome. I will have to bookmark this for St. Patty’s day :)

2. Rebecca Bryant says:

OMG yes please. I have been craving a good corn beef meal these past few days.

3. My kids are soooo ready for fall dinners! They start asking for casseroles etc. as soon as they head back to school (today is the first full day back) so I am pinning this recipe to make soon. Thanks!

4. Love slow cooker recipes!
    With the kids going back to school,I will be driving a lot and this is a perfect way to save some time!

5. This looks so totally yummy! Love the idea of worcestshire on top after you cook it, thanks for the idea!

No problem. Worcestershire Sauce is really good, in my opinion, on most any soup or stew. :)

6. Helene Cohen Bludman says:

I’m a big fan of slow cooker recipes and this one looks great.

7. This is actually a popular dish here in Jamaica. We use onions , tomatoes and scallion to season the cabbage and brng out the taste of the Cornbeef and Carrot :-)

Mmm… I bet that would have been fabulous with tomatoes in it. I will definitely be trying that next time. :)

8. Excited to have this pinned. I grew some cabbage this year that I need to use!

9. I’m not much of a cabbage fan but boy do I love corned beef slow cooked. So savory and amazing. Must make some soon for the fambam.

10. I have never eaten canned corned beef. I have had cabbage and corned beef, but I always cook the beef myself. This is a great recipe – especially since we are headed into fall. Fresh cabbage is a must in our house – I have a huge head of cabbage right now that a neighbor bought over from their garden!

11. Debbie Denny says:

Yummmmmm. I love this. I have not made it in a crockpot.

I love most everything better in a crockpot. To me, it seems like things taste so much better the slower they cook.

12. This would definitely be a big comfort food. I really like those thick sliced potatoes!

13. Corned beef might be my favorite thing ever to cook in the slow cooker! Especially with cabbage and vinegar.

I didn’t put vinegar in mine but it is so good with cabbage. I might have to try that next time. :)

14. This looks great, I’m always looking for more crockpot recipes because they’re so convenient!

15. I need to surprise my husband with this meal. He would love it and it would be a great for a busy week night.

16. My friend makes this for St Patty’s Day and she has a group over- the house smells so yummy!

Yeah, some people say this smells weird in a slow cooker, but I like the way it smells. :D

17. I have made Martha Stewarts recipe and it was not that good. Ill try yours!

I hope you like it. If you tweak it, please share what you did. I love trying other people’s recipes, too. :)

18. That looks good. I have never tried cooking corned beef in a slow cooker. It’s about time I do.

19. I just got some cabbage in our produce box and this would be perfect to make! Thanks

20. love my crockpot I will save this recipe

21. My mom used to make this and invite my grandparents to dinner. They all loved corned beef and cabbage!

22. Sounds yummy! I will definitely pin for later and try it!