I Am Going To SoFabU On The Road In Cincinnati! #sponsored #SoFabUOTR #cbias

I am writing this post in exchange for a discounted conference ticket; however, all opinions are mine and mine alone.

I have been blogging a little over 3 years now and last year I made the decision to start attending conferences. I attended my first one in October and loved it. I learned so much and, perhaps more importantly, had a ton of fun. ;) So, I am excited to share that I will be attending SoFabU On The Road in Cincinnati at the end of this month.

As you all know, I write a lot of sponsored posts for national brands. I love sharing with you the brands that my family enjoys and I hope that my ability to convey that with our story has improved over the years. However, there is always room for more improvement, right?

SoFabU On The Road In Cincinnati: Where & When

SoFabU On The Road in Cincinnati will be April 25th at Ahology. It is sponsored by Johnny Rockets, Müller, Kraft, iBlog Magazine {which I subscribe to and love}.

What will I be learning at SoFabU On The Road In Cincinnati?

Joe Robb Will Be At SoFabU On The Road In Cincinnati

Joe Robb is a thoughtful communicator with a diverse background in marketing strategy, pedagogy, digital media, SEO, editing and writing. He is the Digital Marketing Director at SparkPeople.com, a multi-platform media and technology company with leading health, fitness and food websites and mobile apps.

He is also going to teach me some cool tips and tricks to help me use social media to more effectively market my blog and brand. I am definitely looking forward to this as working on social media takes up most of my time during the day. I would love to know how to make that time more lucrative.

Nate Engels Will Be At SoFabU On The Road In Cincinnati

He will walk through creating a custom recipe around a brand’s product and how he tells a story around the recipe that will draw the reader into the emotional tie to the brand and blog post. From styling the plate, to the props, lighting and background, we’ll learn how to create a visual gourmet image. He’ll show how he takes beautiful photos (even without natural light) and manipulates the images to spotlight the food. We’ll form groups where we will use props and creativity to produce photos on the spot. Then Nate will share how to make so-so photos into WOW! Shareable images through simple techniques and tools like Picmonkey.

Yes! Yes! Yes! I am not a natural chef and I am still learning how to use my DSLR camera, so some of my dishes look more science experiment and less cuisine. ;) I am really looking forward to his expertise.

Of course, there will be tons of other learning opportunities at SoFabU On The Road In Cincinnati. You can check out the entire SoFabU On The Road itinerary here.

I am going to SoFabU On The Road in Cincinnati! #cbias #sponsored #SoFabUOTR

Jan – Los Angeles
Feb – Miami
March – Phoenix
April – Cincinnati
April – Seattle
May – Dallas
June – NYC
July – Chicago
Aug. – Minneapolis
Sept. – Atlanta
Oct. – Bentonville

I am hoping to get to the event in Atlanta in September, as well. I understand that each one is supposed to be a unique event and offer different advice and tips that will be helpful to bloggers and online influencers!

Want To Go To SoFabU On The Road?

You better act fast then. Each event is limited to 50 attendees and the ones that have already taken place this year have been selling out. You can get your ticket to any of this year’s SoFabU On The Road events right here while supplies last.

I am happy that announce that I will be road tripping to Cincinnati with Laura from Laura’s Little House Tips. Yay! I am also looking forward to meeting fellow bloggers that I love, love, love: Sharon from Hobbies On A Budget, Jenny from Jenny At Dapperhouse and Rachel from Roasted Beanz!

I am going to SoFabU On The Road in Cincinnati! #cbias #sponsored #SoFabUOTR

Socialize With SoFabU On The Road

Facebook / Twitter

Do You Plan To Attend Any Of The SoFabU On The Road Events?

disclosure-sponsored-post-300x91

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for Eat Play Rock and State By State Travel. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her chihuahuas, Puppy Mister and Daisy Baby.

Comments

1. This is going to be a great conference! Will be nice to meet up with you in Cinci!!!

I am definitely looking forward to it and meeting you. And I have never been to Cincinnati either. :D

2. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

I am a little jealous. I wish this was just a bit closer to me so that I could go.

3. I wish I could go to one of these. But there aren’t any nearby. Next year come to Washington DC!

I am driving from North Carolina to get to this one. A friend and I are carpooling. Perhaps you could find someone to carpool with. :)

4. Sounds like a great conference! Wish I could go! Maybe next year!

5. Do you need to be a part of SoFab to attend?

6. I haven’t attended a bloggy conference yet but I would love to. I hope you have a great time at the conference in Cincinnati. It’s a little too far for me to try to go.

7. This is going to be great! There’s really nothing like a conference like this. You learn, network, and meet people you’ve only previous inboxed before. Have fun!

8. I ‘ve been Blogging for over 3 Years and is yet to attend a Conference :-( There is none here in Jamaica and the ones overseas are so expensive to attend. Thanks for sharing this event and please do a follow up ( with pictures ) after the event

I will. It’s cool that you live in Jamaica though. I imagine that the view and weather is worth it. :)

9. Debbie Denny says:

Conferences are fun. You will have a blast. Congrats and enjoy

10. Conferences are so much fun! There is a sofab coming to Atlanta! Hopefully i can go!

11. I need to go to one of these conferences. They seem so fun.

I went to Niche Parent last year and it really was! So far, that is the only one I have been to, so I am excited to attend some more.

12. Conferences can be life changing. BlogPaws did that for me. I cannot believe its just 56 days away. Thanks for this great post ;)

13. Congrats on going. I’m sure it’s going to be a lot of fun. I hope you get everything you want out of going!

14. I would love to go but my bank account says no. Traveling is hard unless I save or companies invite me. I do hope you have a grand time and I can’t wait to hear all about it. I want pics and lots of details.

I will definitely write about it when I get back. I hope you get to attend a conference soon, too. :)

15. I would love to attend the Chicago or NYC conference this year. I have never been to a blog conference despite blogging for almost five years, but when I do make the plunge, it will be through SoFab for sure!

16. Chicago isn’t too far from me. I am going to have to think about attending that one. I have never been to a conference and I bet they are a lot of fun!

Chicago is a great city. It’s a bit far for me though. *Sniff* I hope you have fun there if you get to go. :)

17. I love Chicago! Sounds like you’re going to learn a lot and have a lot of fun.

I am actually going to Cincinnati. However, I have been to Chicago before, as a teen, and it was a lot of fun. :)

18. Tonya C says:

This sounds like an awesome event. Excited to see they will be in my town soon!

19. Oh my goodness, you are going to have a blast. I am really hoping to make the one in Dallas :)

20. Ah it does sound like it is going to be nice. I am thinking of getting a DSLR. I’m still mildly intimidated by all there would be to learn.

21. I so want to go to one of these. Can’t wait to hear about it!

22. I’ve been wanting to go to a SoFab conference for a while now and would have loved to be able to go to this but April is such a busy month for me- Have a blast and tell everyone I said Hi!!

23. This sounds really awesome, I hope you have a great time!

24. I am so jealous! I wanted to go to SoFab U in Seattle, but I won’t be able to make it there. I am waiting to see what date the Minneapolis one is, because my family is there, and I may be able to coordinate a visit!

25. It’s good to know how blogging can really help you discover more passion in life and attend conferences like this that would somehow make you a better person. SoFab seems to be an awesome event to look forward too. Have a great day and enjoy.

26. I’ve only heard little things here and there about SoFab so I have never been too sure what it’s about. But it sounds like you have quite the trip planned and I really hope you blog about it so we can learn some more.

27. R U S S says:

I have been blogging for x number of years and admittedly, I have yet to attend a blogging conference. I can imagine how fun and exciting this must be for you and for all blogger participants. I look forward to reading about your So Fab On the Road Cincinnati blog conference. Enjoy!

28. sounds like fun! I am sure you will learn so much from it – cannot wait to read about it!

29. I would love to go to a conference like that! It sounds like so much fun…and I’m all for road trips!

30. Very cool – that’s how I’ve always enjoyed learning – going to conference, enjoying interactions with others and learning!!!! What fun you’ll have – and looking forward to your update and pictures :)

31. Congrats on attending this conference. I am sure you will learn lots of things over. I can’t wait to read about it when you come back

32. I wish I could go! It sounds like it’s going to be amazing! I love to meet up with other bloggers and I love to learn new ways to improve my business. Thanks for sharing!

33. That is so cool! I still haven’t been to a blog conference. There is one in November I am looking in to that falls on my anniversary weekend. Its in Chicago which is about 5 hours from me. I thought it would be fun. Hubs can see his friends, I can attend the convention and then we can celebrate in a fun city. I see SoFab is coming to Chicago this summer, my birthday month.

34. I have never been to any blog conference, it would be awesome to attend one. Too bad the schedule does not include places where I am near at.

35. I haven’t attended any blog conferences. I bet they would be fun.

36. I plan on attending this conference in June in NYC. SoFab U has helped me in so many ways, I’m sure the conference will ne great.

37. Ooooh, fun! I really like SoFab, so I’m looking forward to the conference when it comes to Minneapolis since it’s the closest one to me. I’m sure you’ll have a blast and I can’t wait to read all about it!

38. I just started blogging last September. I have been told that attending conferences is a fantastic way to learn, so I might need to check out a couple myself. Thanks for the info!

Welcome to the blogging world! I started blogging in late 2011 and didn’t attend my first {and only so far} conference in October of 2014. So, that was 3 years in for me before I attended one. I have 2 scheduled for this year so far. :)

39. I would love to go to these conferences and learn ways to enhance our blog’s success. Thanks for the information.

40. The only blogger-type gathering (because it wasn’t a conference) that I attended was a green-related get-together in NYC that I was invited to. I need to really attend a real conference, it would be nice for the experience and education. Have fun!

41. I really want to attend the one in Atlanta!! OMG I am desperately trying to attend some blogger conferences for the first time this year and I am really eagered for the SoFab Con! I am praying I can make it in ATL in Sept!

42. Thanks for sharing this. I have never been to Cincinnati. I am sure it is a beautiful place. I hope you enjoy the conference.

43. I am always open to learning new things and I am so excited to see SoFab is coming to a town near me. I am hoping to attend the Atlanta sessions when more information is available.

44. That is so exciting that you are going to this. I wish I was able to travel more to conferences. I have learned so much from the ones I have attended.

45. None of them are coming my way so I guess I’ll have to wait until one does or go to an entirely different conference.

46. I’m so jealous! I hope to hit the one in Atlanta or NYC! I am just crossing my fingers that it works out.

I hope to try to hit the one in Atlanta, too. So if I do, perhaps we can meet up this time instead of missing each other like at Niche Parent, lol.

47. What a great opportunity! Good for you! I would love to attend too if it is close.

48. Have fun! It’s coming to New York so I hope to be able to check it out there!

49. Sounds like you’ll have a blast. I hope you learn a lot and it helps with your website. A lot of people sometimes don’t start implementing great ideas and it ends up a missed opportunity. Have fun!

50. I am so jealous!! I have always wanted to go to a SoFab conference!! I bet you will have a blast!!

51. Eeeee!! Yay! Good for you. I wish we had conferences like this in my area but, alas, Canada isn’t a hub for this kind of stuff… if so, it’s the other side of the country, which is just too expensive for me :(
    Hope you have an awesome time and share lots of your wisdom once you get back!

52. I am so excited to see your pics from SoFabU On The Road in Cincinnati! I went to Los Angeles and it was so much fun! you will definitely leave feeling inspired! :)

53. That’s so cool! Did you have a good time?