Discover Boating And Discover Great Family Fun #sponsored #MC #DiscoverBoating

I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Discover Boating. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation.

Discover Boating and make it a great summer #sponsored

If you are like me, being out on the open water sounds like an awesome time? Whether you have plans of cruising out on a boat that is massive or that is small, it really can be a relaxing time on a beautiful landscape, er, waterscap. ;) Need information? Discover Boating is the place that you can go to for all things boating.

If boating is good enough for Jake Owen, it’s good enough for me. :)

Boating Is Great Family Time

I love spending time with my family. But sometimes we get tired or going to movies, the mall and other indoor things. Being on land is fun, but sometimes you just want to head out onto the water. Discover Boating has tons of facts and ideas to share with you about what you can do while on a boat, from fishing to sight seeing, from star gazing to anchoring the boat for a swim.

91 percent of Americans believe there are benefits for children to be on the water, including: getting outdoors; appreciating nature; spending quality time with family; and disconnecting from technology.

Discover Boating And Discover Fun

I remember tons of childhood fun fishing on my grandmother’s pond. It wasn’t big enough for a boat, but that love of fishing lead me to boating years later. Though we haven’t been able to go boating yet this summer, we are going on our first cruise in January {a really, really, really big boat}. My husband and I chose to take a cruise partly because of our love for boats. There is just no better way to relax and see such beauty.

Discover Boating and make it a great summer #sponsored

A few months ago we were also able to go out on a pontoon. It’s sort of a boat, right? It was a lot of fun. Really, just getting out on the water makes me so happy. I am always interested in knowing what is under the water. It’s a whole other exciting and beautiful world down there full of mystery and interesting creatures. And unless you are a scuba diver, there aren’t many ways to get closer to it than from a boat. :)

Discover Boating Youth Resource

Encourage a love for boating in our youth with these youth boating programs.

Socialize With Discover Boating

Facebook / Twitter

disclosure-sponsored-post-300x91

Dawn is a full time lifestyle blogger that runs the ship that is Cheap Is The New Classy. She loves to do home decor and DIY projects, organize stuff, enjoy a nice cup of coffee and travel. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, teen daughter, Amber, and too many furry {and not so furry} friends to count.

Comments

1. Linda Manns Linneman says:

I was not aware of this with girls. I will definitely watch closely with my granddaughter. I do know that I do not like putting a child on some of those medications out there so we would have to find some other ways to help. Thank you for sharing this article

2. I used to go out all the time when I was a kids, but Haven’t been out on a boat in ages. I miss it.

3. My husband really wants to get a boat! I’m a little nervous about it.. seeing how we have so many non swimmers in the family.

4. Great post! I wish I liked being out on the boat more – motion sickness :( Everything I take just makes me sleepy LOL

5. We are trying to patiently wait for things to calm down enough that we can go rent a boat and get out on the lake. That is the only way you will get me near the water here – the water is freezing!

6. I do not go on boats at all they make me so sick,I would like to be able to take the kids one day though.

7. I totally want to discover boating! Now that I’m a mom of a boy, I have a feeling we’ll be doing a lot more outdoor activities as a family.

8. Amber B says:

We LOVE boating. In fact we recently took a vacation and that is how we spent the majority of our time. I was so happy I caught the biggest fish of the week! Of course my husband and I both grew up riding in a boat with our families.

Congrats on your big fish! Did that kill your husband’s ego that you caught the biggest one?

9. pontoon are a boat in my mind, I learned how to swim by being pushed off the boat.

10. Being out on the boat is my absolute favorite thing to do. It’s my happy place. Happy boating to you!

11. I think it would be so nice to have a summer cottage on the water with a boat. We have friends who do, and we visit. Often. :)

12. The mysteries of the water but there’s so much to explore right? I think that boat is pretty cool. I would love to star gaze one night. How fun would that be.

I have stargazed on a boat and it is so peaceful. And where there aren’t many man made lights, you can see the stars better. :)

13. Boating sounds like a LOT of fun! I’ve never been and this post makes me want to try it, but I’m one of those that try anything once.

14. Each time I see something about boating it makes me want to give it a try – it looks like such freedom! x

15. I would love to have a beach house or lakefront cottage with a boat…

16. Amy Desrosiers says:

I really have not ever been out on a boat. How shocking huh? I would love to some day soon though!

17. I grew up boating during the summers when I was growing up in Spain. I have great memories from those times.

18. My daughter goes boating several times a year with her friends. She has made some great memories from it.

19. Some of my best childhood memories are going to my cousins where we would spend all day out on her boat. Boating is so fun and relaxing, I don’t think there is a more fun way to spend a warm summer day than on a boat!

20. Boating is a lot of fun. One of the sumer programs I attended as a child took us boating weekly. I have great memories.

21. I so can’t swim, but I would like to go out on a boat anyways. It sounds like fun :)

22. I am not a swimmer so I don’t get out on boats…although I have been out a few times in the past

23. Boating is so much fun. We live in a lake country so we have the chance to go every day.

24. Most of our family time is spent outside but I realized that we have never gone boating.

25. I love boating too. Grew up surrounded by several major rivers including the Mississippi and it was just a way of life for us.

26. Boating has brought me many memories as a child growing up along the Mississippi River in Illinois. My hubby has a boat now. We haven’t gotten out on it so much, but hope to start again soon with the kids getting older.

27. I sometimes wonder why I don’t go boating that often. All of my boating memories are of laughter and fun!

28. Amanda McMahon says:

Huh? I’m a bit confused, but I do think that boating is fun. It is common in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula – a beautiful place :)