10 Yummy Sugar Cookie Recipes

Did you know that July 9th is National Sugar Cookie Day? I think sugar cookies are some of the best cookies there are. They are simple and really tasty. They are also traditionally easy to make and require only a few ingredients that most people typically have in their kitchen anyway. So, if you love sugar cookies like I do, try out one of these 10 Yummy Sugar Cookie Recipes and celebrate National Sugar Cookie Day with me.

10 Yummy Sugar Cookie Recipes

Big Crunchy Sugar Cookies: 10 Yummy Sugar Cookie Recipes to celebrate National Sugar Cookie Day on July 9th | Cheap Is The New ClassyBig Crunchy Sugar Cookies | Hot Eats and Cool Reads

M&M Sugar Cookie Bars: 10 Yummy Sugar Cookie Recipes to celebrate National Sugar Cookie Day on July 9th | Cheap Is The New ClassyM&M Sugar Cookie Bars | Flour On My Face

Whole Wheat Vanilla Sugar Cookies | The Frugal Girls

Sugar Cookies With Eggnog Frosting: 10 Yummy Sugar Cookie Recipes to celebrate National Sugar Cookie Day on July 9th | Cheap Is The New ClassySugar Cookies with Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting | Nel’s Nook

Fun Fact: Sugar cookies are believed to have been created in Pennsylvania in the 1700s in a town called Nazareth. Because of this, what we now call the sugar cookie is sometimes referred to as the “Nazareth Cookie.” However, others believe that sugar cookies were created in the Middle East sometime around the seventh century by accident or as a way to test oven temperatures.

Paint Pallet Sugar Cookies: 10 Yummy Sugar Cookie Recipes to celebrate National Sugar Cookie Day on July 9th | Cheap Is The New ClassyPaint Pallet Sugar Cookies | One Creative Mommy

Chocolate Sugar Cookies | Handmade Charlotte

Sugar Cookie Bars: 10 Yummy Sugar Cookie Recipes to celebrate National Sugar Cookie Day on July 9th | Cheap Is The New ClassySugar Cookie Bars | Pink When

The Best Frosted Sugar Cookies | 10 Yummy Sugar Cookie Recipes to celebrate National Sugar Cookie Day on July 9th | Cheap Is The New ClassyThe Best Frosted Sugar Cookies | Hot Eats and Cool Reads

Fun Fact #2: Sugar Cookies are really popular during holidays and sometime in the 1930s, it became cool to leave milk and cookies {sugar cookies} out for Santa. This tradition has been popular for years. After all, everyone loves sugar cookies.

Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies | Sally’s Baking Addiction

Pumpkin Pie Sugar Cookies: 10 Yummy Sugar Cookie Recipes to celebrate National Sugar Cookie Day on July 9th | Cheap Is The New Classy
Pumpkin Pie Sugar Cookies
| A Mitten Full of Savings

What Are Your Favorite Sugar Cookie Recipes?

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for EatPlayRock.com, an entertainment site. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her dog, Daisy.

Comments

1. Doreen Lamoureux says:

They all look delicious. There are a couple of guys in this home that would scoop up all the M&M Sugar Cookie Bars. They love M & M’s

2. Brigid OHara Koshko says:

I love sugar cookies! Simple but delicious. Several recipes caught my eye especially the M&M bars and the Sugar cookie bars. I know what I am doing today – baking cookies!

3. I love sugar cookies. I put chocolate chips in mine and they are great.

4. Sally T. says:

My Family loves home made
    cookies,and I am sure they will love these when I make them.They
    sound so good.

5. These are way too cute…you are so creative

6. Jenifer T. says:

I love sugar cookies! These recipes look delicious!

7. I had no idea there was a national sugar cookie day. These are the cutest cookies! I especially like the paint pallets, and I’ll have to show my daughter the pumpkin pie cookies, they are so fun!

8. Ashlyn B. says:

I had no idea that there was a national sugar cookie day. I love to bake cookies but sugar cookies are still not my favorite to make because they are pretty time consuming (but tasty!). I wonder if there is a national muffin day…

9. Sally T. says:

So I guess I missed national sugar cookie day,but in one
    way it is good because we lost power today for two hours.
    I will have to try tomorrow.

I always hate when the power goes out. Glad it was only out for 2 hours and not 2 days.

10. The paint pallet and pumpkin pie cookies are just too cute! I might even be able to recreate these. Thanks for sharing!

11. Lisa Kerr says:

Yummy – I love Sugar Cookies and all the recipes that you have shared look delicious:) I can’t wait to try some of them!! I never knew there was a National Sugar Cookie Day, learn something new everyday from all you awesome bloggers!!

12. Kate F. says:

The pumpkin pie cookies would be so cute for Thanksgiving!

13. The way you decorated those pumpkin cookies is just adorable.The grandkids will love these cookies.They are really delicious too.Thanks for sharing your recipe and decorating ideas.

14. i was at a loss as to what cookies to make for my kids birthday party, i think the art palette is absolutely adorable ;)

15. Dana Rodriguez says:

Great recipes!I want to try the Chocolate Sugar Cookies!

16. Athena Emmanouilidis says:

Sugar cookies are my absolute favorote of all cookies! I don’t need any frosting or sprinkles either just hot and soft right out of the oven!

17. sarah ann dela cruz says:

The paint pallet sugar cookies are eye catching and look delicious! I definitely need to add this one to the recipe book~

18. Kim Campbell says:

Oh, the paint pallet cookies are so cute!! I love the history of the sugar cookie too. I love the name Nazareth Cookies.

19. Claire D says:

The paint pallet cookies are too cute. Thanks for sharing!

20. Birdiebee says:

What great recipes and designs. I love the pain palette and the pumpkin pie cookies.

21. Sally T. says:

All of the cookies look really good.
    I think the painting pallet cookies are adorable.

22. I love sugar cookies. My favorite is when they’re slightly undercooked and iced.

23. I love the artist pallets cookies
    Linda

24. Dorothy Teel says:

These sugar cookies look delicious, I love the paint pallete ones, my middle granddaughter is an artist and she would love to have some of these, thank you for sharing such wonderful recipes, I also love the sugar cookie bars, never thought of sour cream in them though

25. Ellen Cobb says:

I love making cookies! Thanks for the recipe.

26. Ronald G says:

My mom used to make the best sugar cookies in the world (especially the x-mas ones) so I can’t tell her about your delectable recipes

27. Tanya Anna W. says:

I’m so glad to have come across this recipe. We are having a Pots’n Paints party for the girls next week and the Paint Pallet Sugar Cookies would be perfect Thank you!

28. All of these sugar cookies look delicious. The paint palette cookies would be perfect for an upcoming birthday party I’m hosting! Thanks for sharing!

29. Brigid OHara Koshko says:

Sugar cookies are a big hit in my house. Everyone can take and decorate to their hearts content. Lots of great memories of my kids decorating cookies for the holidays. Thank you for these great recipes.