See Real Live Jousting At Medieval Times #sponsored @MedievalTimes #MyMyrtleBeach

See live jousting at Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Myrtle Beach, SC #sponsored

One of the best things to do in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, is to attend a dinner theater. One of the most popular dinner theaters in Myrtle Beach is the Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament. Though we had never been before, we recently got the opportunity to attend this popular dinner theater for the first time, and now we understand why it is one of the main attractions at the beach.

Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament takes you back to Medieval Times. You are the Lord (or Lady) of a realm of a large Kingdom that is protected by brave Knights. The Knights of each realm have recently petitioned the King to hold a tournament to determine who is the best Knight of the Kingdom. The King has responded by not only holding the tournament but by inviting all the Lords and Ladies of each realm to view the tournament and enjoy a bountiful feast prepared by the King’s personal cooks. Oh, and they talk like this, too!

During your meal, you are entertained by horse trainers, falconers, and, of course, the Knights of the Kingdom. Oh, and they actually joust! I had no idea it was going to happen and it about scared the heck out of my wife when they started, haha! I mean, they mean business. When they joust, they don’t play {as she would say}.

How Is The Food At Medieval Times

The meal, which was wonderful, consists of tomato bisque soup (yum!), garlic toast, chicken leg quarters, and a roasted split potato. It is followed by an apple turnover for dessert. Our server {er, serving wench} was great, friendly and fast, given she was also a part of the show. Be sure to tip your server, they are working hard for you. It was quite an experience to be sure, well worth the price of admission.

They also have a gigantic gift shop with gifts of every price range. We purchased two tumblers that were on special for $5 each. If you want to spend more than that and you are a serious Medieval Times fan, they also had a full knight that you could buy! They also have tons of cool artwork to look at while you wait to enter the tournament.

Medieval Times Tickets, Showtimes, Etc.

This is a show for both young and old to enjoy. There were plenty of children in the audience and, if it is your birthday when you attend, arrive early and let them know and they will perform a knighting ceremony in honor of your special day. The doors to the Castle are open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily for tours, and the dinner theater doors open at 5 p.m. with the show starting at 6 p.m. There are plenty of early activities if you show up early, though, so don’t be late! You can also call ahead and reserve your seats. Undoubtedly, you and your family will enjoy Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament.

Socialize With Medieval Times

Facebook / Twitter

About Jay Crawford

Jay enjoys cooking, music {his favorite artists are KISS, Def Leppard, the Eagles and a lot of the newer country music}, and sports {Carolina Panthers, Tarheels and the Appalachian State Mountaineers}. He also enjoys grilling out and cruising around with the radio up and the windows down.

Comments

1. We don’t have a Medieval Times near us in Boston, but I have heard so many good things about it. I would love to go sometime if I am ever near one.

2. There is a Renaissance Faire in PA and I have never been. I would love to check one out if only for the costumes.

3. We have been twice and I finally learned that you can order a veggie plate! So if you have a kid that does not eat like normal people, you can make their plate a veggie plate and yours a meat plate and share an entire meal w your kid. Just something I got really excited about last time I went.

Oh how cute! I like sharing a meal with my daughter sometimes when we go out to eat, so this sounds fun. :)

4. I want to go to one of these. It looks like so much fun and I know my kids would love it.

5. We have one in GA and I have never been I must go and I may end up at this one before I get to the one in GA smh

6. I’ve never been to one of these shows before but it looks like a lot of fun. My husband would totally love to do this!

7. We love heading to Medieval Times. The kids love getting to eat a fun meal with their fingers while watching a show.

8. I have always been curious about these shows and would love to go see one with my hubby. Looks like a lot of fun!

9. There is a Medieval Times where I live but I never been there. My daughters really wants to go so I have it on my to-do list.

10. I love seeing all of these pictures! I have always wanted to experience this!

11. The food at Medieval Times is something I always wondered about. The menu sounds yummy though! We plan to visit the one in Atlanta at some point this summer — cannot wait!

We will be going to Atlanta in June. Perhaps we can visit that one, too, and then see if they are the same.

12. My co worker was just telling me about Medieval Times – she took her daughter to the one in Chicago! They loved it!

Awesome! I had no idea that there were so many around the country until Jay wrote this post and people started commenting. :)

13. There is one of these in Atlanta and I have been wanting to go there forever. It looks like so much fun!

14. We saw this show in Myrtle Beach years ago and enjoyed it thoroughly. It’s such a fun experience, especially when kids are involved!

15. We have a Medeival Times here in Florida near the Orlando theme parks. Every single time we vacation there we HAVE to go there one night for dinner and a show. It’s unforgettable! The food isn’t so bad either :)

16. I went to a Medieval Times years ago. The show was different. I wonder if they all have the same show at the same time, or all different.

That’s what I was wondering. Other people are chiming in about going to other Medieval Times. I have only been to this one, this one time, so I really have no idea about that. I would love to know, though.

17. I have been to a Medieval Times before. It’s a fun night out!

18. looks like such a FUN place to go for dinner!! my kids would be enthralled!!

19. I really want to visit one of these at some point. They look like a blast.

20. I have been here before! It is so fun, my kids would love it!

21. I went to a Medieval Times in New Jersey many years ago and had a great time.

22. I’ve been to the Orlando one a few times, and I loved it! I loved eating with my fingers (LOL) and I remember the dinner to be quite good.

23. I went to the one in Myrtle Beach last year and had a great time! The food was really, really good too.

24. This looks like so much fun! I don’t think we have anything like it here, but years ago we went to a Renaissance Festival in NY (I believe) and the kids had a blast!

25. I want to go to one of these so much! I need to make it a priority!

26. We love Medieval Times. In fact, we were just at the Medieval Times in Myrtle Beach the other week on our Spring Break trip!

27. I just wrote about this. I think these are super cool to go to.

28. We have never been to a medieval times dinner but it sure look like a lot of fun! If we ever get out to Myrtle Beach, we will be sure to check it out! Thanks for sharing :-)

29. We always go to Medieval Times when we’re at Myrtle Beach! I’ve always loved it!

30. I have not been to Medieval Times but I bet it is fun. I am sure my boys would like it.

31. How fun! I’d love to go to this show/dinner. There’s one by my son and his wife’s house. We keep saying we’ll go but we haven’t thus far.

32. I haven’t been to Medieval Times in a loooooooong time, but remember that it was really fun. We really need to go again some time!

33. Oh. Em. Gee. I am so going to this, I’m a total nerd when it comes to Medieval times.

34. I love Medieval Times. It’s such a fun dinner show

35. I have never been to such a show. It is quite original I have to say!

36. Ashley M says:

We also went to medieval times this weekend and loved it! It was very fun.

37. We have had it on our list to go to the one in Orlando since moving here but haven’t had the chance yet

38. We took our boys here. They loved it!

39. I really wish I lived close to go to one of these. It looks so fun!

40. I love Medieval Times! I’ve always had great experiences there. It’s a great suggestion for people traveling to Myrtle Beach!

41. So exciting! We have on near us, but we’re actually going to the Myrtle Beach one on vacation this year!

Ooh, have fun in Myrtle Beach! There is so much to do, you are sure to have a great time. :)

42. I am seriously tempted to go to Myrtle Beach with all of the blog posts I have seen lately citing this location. I wonder how far from NH it is, I am not good with geography at all. I love the idea of seeing medieval times enacted too!

43. We’ve never been to MT. I know my boys would get a huge kick out of it.

44. gianna borden says:

this looks like such a blast!!! we have one close to us in Orlando but I’ve never been, have always wanted to go though! I know my kids would enjoy it, as would I!

45. Brandi Goolsby says:

This looks really cool! I live in Northwest Arkansas, and (to my knowledge, anyway) we don’t have anything like this even close to us. This would be so much fun.