5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole Recipe #sponsored

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.

5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole

I love slow cooker recipes. They are just so easy, and they make a very minimal mess in your kitchen from prep to finish. If you are looking for something to cook on a weekend, check out this breakfast casserole recipe. You can make it hot or mild – your preference. We were able to pick up everything that we needed for this hearty breakfast casserole at Dollar General for around $15.

Spicy Breakfast Casserole Recipe

Ingredients required for the Spicy Breakfast Casserole are…

6 Egg Whites

1 bag of Clover Valley shredded mexican cheese

1/2 cup of milk

12 jalapeno and cheese sausages {you can use mild sausage, if you prefer}

2 boxes of Clover Valley scalloped potatoes {set the seasoning aside, you will not be using it for this recipe}

Directions to prepare the Spicy Breakfast Casserole…

Take the 6 egg whites and mix them thoroughly in a bowl. Next, add the milk. Set this mixture aside.

Now, layer the potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker (you are not going to need the seasoning that comes in the box). Now, add a layer of cheese.

Then, take the sausage links and cut them up into pieces that you find suitable. Add them into the slow cooker. Now, add another layer of cheese. Next, repeat the previous steps until all of the ingredients are used aside from a cup of cheese. Lastly, add the mixture of eggs and milk. Then, add the last cup of cheese and let cook for about 5-8 hours on low. Be sure to check it at about 5 hours and every so often after that. We own 2 slow cookers and they both vary greatly in cooking times.

Total Prep Time: 5-8 hours, depending on your slow cooker.

Slow cooker dishes are great to take to family gatherings and pot lucks as well being great for a weekend at home. With entire meals in one dish, everyone can just eat as they please and not worry about huge messes to clean up or fighting over who has to do all the work. When it's cold outside, it really is nice to come in from the cold to a nice hot meal, especially one served in a slow cooker.

For more recipe ideas, be sure to check out Dollar General easy meals.

Socialize With Dollar General on Facebook and on Twitter.

Visit Sponsor's Site

About Amber {contributor}

Amber is a college student and avid fashionista. Amber loves all things beauty and fashion and spends her time reading and thinking about Channing Tatum.

Comments

I like slow cooker recipes, too, especially with this cold weather. Convenient and I love how the flavors simmer together. This is a very different recipe nd will be fun to try. I like that it can be hot or mild.

2. john hutchens says:

Great breakfast idea this makes it so easy to have it ready when we get up for breakfast. I like slow cooker recipes and this one can be changed to add additional items as well.

3. This would have to be “brinner” at our house, because I’d be in bed at the 5-hour mark when it’s time to check it. In fact, I’d probably still be in bed at the 8-hour maximum cooking time! LOL

4. Sandy Cain says:

Eggs, cheese, sausage, potatoes! Oh my! Looks SO good! The only change I would make would be to add a little onion. FEED ME! LOL!

5. Cindi Decker says:

I love, to use my slow cooker, too. This looks so good and easy.

6. Paula Ball says:

I’m vegetarian so would omit the sausage but there are some pretty decent vegan sausages on the supermarket shelf these days. I think you could put this on low at bedtime and turn it up when you get your coffee in the morning and it would be ready within an hour.

You are right. You could definitely omit the sausage. I like casseroles because they are so versatile. And yes, cooking overnight is what we generally do. It’s so great to wake up to the smell of breakfast cooking.

7. Judy Gregory says:

Here in the “deep south”, we often have breakfast for supper. This would be perfect.

8. Unfortunately, I do not have a slow cooker. However, I hope to get one. Then I could make this fabulous recipe! THANK YOU!

You can find slow cookers really cheap at yardsales and fleamarkets, if you like those. We have a big one that we bought new, but the one that I made this in is smaller and we picked it up for like $2 or $3 at a yardsale. I always like to have an extra or two on hand, since we use them so often.

9. Carolann Leibenguth says:

Oh my does this look good. I know this is a long way away, but this is going to be my Christmas morning breakfast. It would be nice to wake up and not have to worry about cooking for everyone and just enjoy their company

10. RICHARD HICKS says:

Want to give this a try. I have not seento many recipes for breakfast meals. Seems easy too!

11. I had never thought of using a slow cooker to cook breakfast – but this looks really good. Thanks for the recipe.

12. BrittanyUtley says:

A very inventive idea. My family would love this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing it.

13. tanya holland says:

This would be for me and my teenage son. I love using my slow cooker and this looks and sounds delicious.

14. Jessica Cox says:

I have never used my slow cooker for breakfast this recipe sounds easy and delicious ,even my kids would like this.

15. raquel perez says:

well this something very new to me! i’ve never even thought of using the slow cooker for breakfast! lol well it sounds yummy i bet my kiddies would like it! thanks :)

16. natalie parvis says:

This looks so delicious!!

17. What a hearty and easy meal! I love potatoes for breakfast; well, for any meal so I’d be up for making this with some additions, like onions as mentioned above, and maybe substituting the sausage for meatless options! Thanks for sharing!

18. I would use a breakfast sausage. The recipe sounds pretty good. Thanks for posting.

19. Kitty Iecvan says:

This looks like a filling breakfast or brunch recipe! I might add some spring asparagus too!

20. Perfect for a late Sunday morning. I am not a big breakfast fan but this sounds delicious. Thanks for the idea!

21. courtney hennagir says:

My family is going to love this! Thank you!

22. Susan Broughton says:

This casserole looks really delicious! It has everything in it to make a complete breakfast. You wouldn’t need to have anything else with it. Great recipe!

23. One of my biggest problems with breakfast is being awake enough to cook, so using the slow cooker overnight would be an ideal solution! I’d add onions and bell peppers and probably use a chicken sausage. I’ll definitely have to try this.

24. RICHARD HICKS says:

It really does look delicious. We cook a lot with our slow cooker but never a breakfast dish. Got to try it!

25. Mya Murphy says:

Wow, this looks super-delicious!! I am addicted to breakfast and slow cooking!!

26. This looks delicious, I got a slow cooker for Christmas so I’m loving coming across new recipes and experimenting! Can’t wait to try this one!

27. I’ve never tried a slow cooker for breakfast but this one looks delicious

sibabe64 at ptd dot net

28. this looks really filling, and good

29. I just pinned this on Pinterest. Looks really good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

30. Jennifer Hiles says:

I love breakfast casseroles! I’d eat breakfast for every meal of the day if I could . I bet it’s awesome with the jalapeno and cheese sausages!

31. It sounds pretty good. I would use ham or breakfast sausage. I love cheese potato to begin with. I may make it for dinner.

32. Brooke F. says:

Wow, that looks great! Simple and easy; I gotta try this sometime!

33. Yum! Looks great!

34. Jo-Ann Brightman says:

This casserole is good for any meal, especially if paired with a green salad and/or a green vegetable. A slow cooker is so convenient and I have to try to use it.

35. Melissa Marinho says:

Yummm, this looks delish! I love slow cooker recipes as well. They are not only delicious, but make the house smell so good too! I have yet to make a breakfast dish in the slow cooker, but will be now! Thanks so much for the post and pics :)

36. Jen Boehme says:

I love this simple recipe! I am trying this for tomorrow, it should be a hit! Thanks!

37. I like making meals in a crock pot especially ones that you can make like this all in one breakfast meal.thanks for the recipe

38. Love this idea with onions, garlic, bell peppers and something to make it hot and spicy! Then…roll it up for breakfast burritos on the go on work mornings! Can sure save a lot of money than what you pay at a fast food place!

Trackbacks