How To Get The Best Electronics For Your Money #OneBuyForAll #shop #cbias

Collective Bias #shop

How To Get The Best Prices On The Best Electronics In 2014 #cbias #shop #sponsored #OneBuyForAll

I know that many people love to shop online. Even I do. But not for tech items. I like to touch, feel and play with the items before I buy them. I mean, you really can’t tell how a speaker will sound on the internet nor can you tell how a digital antenna will pick up, right? So, my husband and I like to shop for the best electronics at Best Buy.

How To Get The Best Prices On The Best Electronics

You know me. I love to save money where I can, as I am sure most of you do. That is another reason we like to shop at Best Buy. I want the best electronics that I can get for my money and they have a low price guarantee. We had a couple of TVs go out recently {may they RIP} and we have replaced one of them, but we need one more. So, we have been browsing the huge, and I do mean HUGE, selection of TVs available at Best Buy. I can honestly tell you, I have never seen so many TVs representing so many brands in one place at one time. Ever.

Geek Squad Services Available At Best Buy

Also, there is no way that I am trying to mount a TV on a wall by myself. Me + TV installation = recipe for a broken TV or a broken me! So, that is another thing that I love about Best Buy. If you buy yourself some shiny new pretties at Best Buy, but are scared to install them, Geek Squad {conveniently located in Best Buy} offers installation services on many of their popular electronics, including wall mounting of TVs. They can even do minor things like calibrating your remote to your TV {which I ALWAYS hate doing}.

So, What Did We Buy At Best Buy?

Many of you know that we cut the cord a long time ago. For those of you don’t, this means that we got rid of our satellite. We also do not have cable or any other form of traditional paid TV. Really, we felt it was just too much money for something that we only watched a very few channels from. So, instead, we signed up for some cheaper internet based rental services. It saved us a bunch of cash, but we can’t really pick up local channels where we are located {and the hubs loves his football}. Therein lies the dilemma. So, #CollectiveBias sent us on a #OneBuyForAll mission to Best Buy to find ourselves an awesome digital antenna in the TV accessories section. Game on!

How To Get The Best Prices On The Best Electronics and Electronic Devices In 2014 #cbias #shop #sponsored #OneBuyForAll

We have tried out two antennas before. One came from a local big box store and the other was a hand me down. Neither work for our rural area. So, a Best Buy team member by the name of Christopher was nice enough to help us choose an antenna that would be right for our unique geographical location {as far as TV antennas are concerned, anyway}. He assured us that this digital antenna would help us get the most channels possible – and just on the offside that our land geography didn’t allow it to – then we could bring it back and exchange it within 15 days. Try it out before you commit? I like Best Buy’s style. ;)

How To Pick Out The Best Electronics

If you are looking for the best electronics and electroni devices, be sure to check out Best Buy’s Home Theater Buying Guide.

disclosure-sponsored-post-300x91

Dawn is a full time lifestyle blogger that runs the ship that is Cheap Is The New Classy. She loves to do home decor and DIY projects, organize stuff, enjoy a nice cup of coffee and travel. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, teen daughter, Amber, and too many furry {and not so furry} friends to count.

Comments

Thanks for the tips and help. I want good prices but I’m like you and like to buy electronics at the store. I research products online bu prefer to shop at the store. I like their buyers guide and help. Congrats on he antenna…just in time for Super Bowl.

2. My husband will research every corner of the earth before he buys an electronic device. Best Buy is definitely our #1 choice unless of course there’s something somewhere that just can’t be beat. These are great tips though. I will have to forward this to him.

3. I love Best Buy!

4. Kim Kenny says:

We use Best Buy as our “research department” before we buy electronics. We check out their stuff, talk to their geeks about how it works & what we really need/don’t need but then we usually end up buying the actual product at Wal-Mart because we get it cheaper over there. Since we don’t mount our televisions to the wall or need anyone to calibrate our remotes, we don’t need the geeks for anything but their knowledge. We got a great 42″ TV + Blue-Ray DVD player + all the cables needed to hook it all up and I got change back from $500 so we were really happy!!

Are you aware that Best Buy prices matches? Just a thought when you make your next purchase. Not only could you perhaps get the price offered elsewhere, but you could also save gas. ;)

• Kim Kenny says:

Thanks for that info but since our WM is only across the street from BB it’s really easy to hop over there to get what we checked out at BB plus also pick up all of the other stuff that we always buy at WM in the same trip (groceries, prescriptions, etc.).

5. Nice, I haven’t been able to get an antenna to work where I live either. Maybe I should stop by Best Buy and see what they can do for me.

I definitely suggest going in there and telling them about your situation. I am sure they would be more than happy to suggest an antenna that is most likely to work for you.

6. I love Best Buy. Their price match is the best and their in-store customer service is top notch! I’ve heard a lot about these Digital Antennas, I may have to give it a try….if I can talk the wifey into it (lol!)

The digital antenna really is sweet. The hubs is writing a review of the antenna, itself, for Eat Play Rock. We should be posting it soon.

7. I do most of my electronics shopping at Best Buy! Can’t beat their service!

8. We buy almost all of electronics at Best Buy if we use a brick and mortar store!
    They always have the best prices, and great items!

9. Best Buy is our go to store for all of our electronics. Great Prices and their Customer Service is excellent!

10. Thanks for the tips. We always purchase our electronics at Best Buy, they have the best service and the best deals.

11. Love Best Buy. Can always find what we need there!

12. I’m seeing a common thread here. Husbands do research, wives are a bit more impulse shoppers.

Yeah, that does seem to be the going thing. If it’s electronics, I generally make my husband research it as he knows more about tech stuff. For home stuff, I like to look around at pics on the internet and then shop for the best price after I have made a decision.

13. I so desperately need a new television, and hope to take advantage of a great Super Bowl sale at Best Buy.

14. Great post. I usually let my husband do all the price comparisons before we buy.

15. Thanks for all of the tips! I think the majority of our electronics have come from Best Buy!

16. I am always looking for the best prices for my electronics

17. My Best Buy is too far away or I would totally shop there. Now I just jump online to Amazon. When I lived in NY though I would go to Best Buy where I would try out the products first hand and where someone was there to help me with my purchase.

18. We read about 3 million reviews before we go into the store to make a purchase like this. It’s always interesting to see what other real people think about a product to help us make a decision. Thanks for the tips!

19. We buy most of our electronics at Best Buy (I even have a credit card). Love it!

20. thank you for the tips, we have an old tube t.v. my husband has been wanting a flat screen so bad but I am so frugal! Best Buy is definitely a place I will keep in mind when it’s time to buy.

21. Great tips. I research for days before I make a decision on purchasing anything.

22. It is very smart to shop around and research things before you spend your hard-earned money!

23. I’m jealous! I”ve been wanting to ‘cut the cord’ for a long time now but I can’t get hubby on board.

24. I had no idea there was such a thing as a digital antenna. Where the heck have I been hiding out? I do shop at Best Buy for my electronics all the time, but I need to walk around there more!

25. Best Buy is definitely a great store. I love them! I will have to agree with you about purchasing things online. I’m not great at seeing things in the store and saying, yes, this will fit me…I love trying things on. Even with like a decor item, too. I sort of like to touch and feel the texture, etc. It’s just not too many things I would get online. I guess if it’s something I know the exact color, texture, etc already and I’m just ordering the one I know I’m getting that works out better for me. :)

26. Best Buy is awesome! I have never bought any electronics online, I would much rather ‘try it on for size’ ;)

27. I am definitely a bargain shopper through and through. I will find what I want for the best price possible. I think its about buying smarter.

28. I need to show this to my husband.
    It always seems like if something is going to break it will be all the big things just days within each other.
    We are in serious need of two computers.
    Ours were purchased in ’06 and are starting to show their age.

That is great that they lasted that long, though. We have 4 computers in this house – 2 purchased on Black Friday, and 2 purchased in 2010.

29. My son is always trying out the newest gadgets, so Best Buy seems like a great place for him to find the things he likes, instead of being disappointed if they aren’t what he is expecting when they come in the mail.

30. We used to shop at Best Buy all the time. I like variety of products that they carry.

31. I would love to be without cable, but my husband is obsessed with ESPN. We went without our DirecTV for about 3 days once, and I began to fear for my life and the lives of my children due to his insane ESPN-less mood swings. OK, that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but you get my point? I only watch local stations really. Well, that and NickMom on NickJr. after the kids go to bed. :)

I’m SO glad that Best Buy was accommodating with helping you pick out a new Digital Antenna. They ROCK! #client

32. Thanks for the awesome tips!

33. Alicia Kirby says:

It is so important to be able to touch and see those tech items that you are purchasing. It is such a pain to have something arrive at your doorstep only to discover it won’t work at ALL! #client

Isn’t that the truth? There is nothing more aggravating than getting a tech item home and be hugely disappointed because you really had no idea what you were buying.

34. I enjoy Best Buy and have had a good history for buying tech-appliances from them, but I didn’t realize they price-matched until now! This is great to know! It will definitely make the research and purchasing process much smoother!

35. Jennifer Hiles says:

I’m am having the very same dilemma right now. The price of cable just keeps going up and up but our paychecks are staying the same. Acutally, that’s not true because right now my husband is laid off. I wouldn’t mind getting rid of Cable if we could still get Netflix or something but the football games are our problem also. I don’t have a Best Buy very close by but maybe I can message them and they could help us out that way.

36. Kitty Iecvan says:

The deals at Best Buy are great! Glad you found what you wanted so cheaply!

37. Sounds like you found a good fit! How’s your antenna working?