Bedroom Remodel: Shopping For Mattresses #ad #hpmkt

Mattress Shopping ~

Abuja hotel room - comfy mattresses and beds

My husband and I are redoing our bedroom. Currently, we have all of the flooring ripped out and are trying to think of what to replace it with. We really want to redo our bedroom in a beach theme that goes with the rest of our home. I want it to feel like a vacation retreat. And one of the things that I love most about going on vacation is that you often find a beautiful bed with a super comfy mattress!

Out With The Old, In With The New

We have been looking at beds and mattresses for a while now. We really have no idea what to buy, there are just so many selections. Not that selection is a bad thing, mind you, but we really just don’t know what we might think is comfy that we BOTH agree on. Our last mattress was old! And when I say “old,” I mean the dawn of time old. Not very comfy at all – so it is definitely time to upgrade. So, a decision must be made.

So, in our quest to find the perfect mattresses, we have been scouring the internet. And Pinterest, of course. We really want to redo our entire bedroom in a beach theme that goes with the rest of our home. I want it to feel like a vacation retreat. And one of the things that I love most about going on vacation is that you often find super comfy beds with super comfy mattresses!

Checking Out Mattresses At The High Point Furniture Market

We have also been going to showrooms to check out mattresses and this weekend is no different. We are headed to the High Point Furniture Market. We went to the market in the spring and it was so much fun. I can’t wait to tell you what all we see there. We have appointments lined up with several really high profile furniture companies that produce gorgeous furnishings.

Be sure to follow along with us today-Monday on Instagram and Twitter as we share with you many of our gorgeous finds!

What Is Your Idea Of The Perfect Bed Or Mattress?

disclosure-sponsored-post-300x91

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for EatPlayRock.com, an entertainment site. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her dog, Daisy.

Comments

1. I would love to re-do our bedroom! I have tons of ideas stored up for when we do!

2. How fun. We have a platform bed because our yurt is small and therefore our bedroom is small so I wanted a bed that could serve dual purposes. The drawers are spacious and combined with the closet system allowed me to get away with not needing a dresser or highboy. It works great. We just bought a TemPurPedic mattress due to some continuing issues with my health and I have to say the expense was worth it. While I still have pain, it’s not as intense as on our old mattress and my husband sleeps much better.

3. It’s a huge job renovating a room. My husband is doing an upstairs room right now. He stripped it down to the skeleton, rewired, insulated… Now it’s drywall time. I would love to get a new mattress set.

4. I re-did our bedroom a couple years ago…painted it a lovely light gray instead of the ugly green that it was. I like it SO much more now. Very relaxing. I like your beach theme!

5. Jo-Ann Brightman says:

You have a lot of work ahead of you,but I am sure you will do a great job. Since you want your mattress to last a long time it would probably be worth spending a little more. If you like different firmnesses you might needan adjustable mattress.

6. We just bought a mattress. We aren’t thrilled with it but they are all that GEL and Foam now, and I prefer the OLD COIL kind. It’s a very smoke and mirrors process isn’t it?

It really is. It is easy to like one for a few minutes in a show room. But the real test is when you get that baby home.

7. OO – I would love a new mattress! I need one bad!

8. Finding a mattress is definitely a tough process. We really need to buy new ones for our kids but there’s so many choices and they’re so expensive.

9. We have a tempurpedic, but I would like to try a sleep number type of bed or two twins so that we can choose different firmness for each side.

10. Sandy Cain says:

My idea of perfect would be the sleep number. Not because I sleep with with anyone else at this point (Thank you, Jesus!), but sometimes I like it softer, sometimes harder (the mattress, I mean). You know… like sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t! But why ask us, you silly blogger? Ask Martha Stewart, SHE knows EVERYTHING! LOL! (I wonder how her prison cell was decorated….)

11. Redoing our bedroom is my goal for next year. So here I am, looking for all available options and exhausting all available resources and I can’t wait till you tell me of your find so I can get an idea of what I want, because typically what I need is something comfortable and cozy *wink wink* ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Jenna Wood says:

I can’t wait to see what you find. For me, my bedroom is my sanctuary, the one place I can keep neat, tidy, and just my style!

Retreat is a great way to describe your future bedroom. A calm, peaceful oasis away from it all. Mine is painted a soothing blue, and my husband and I have a waterbed. Yes, a waterbed. They may not be “in” any more, but we love it.

I have slept on a waterbed a couple of times. They are a pain to get on and off, but they are REALLY comfy to sleep on. ๐Ÿ™‚

14. looks comfy and classy ๐Ÿ™‚ just like your blog ! ! congrats on the makeover!

15. Richard Hicks says:

Mattress hunting can be a challenge. Would get one that you can turn over and that has good insides that will last many years. Mark up on them is kind of like jewelry!

16. ellen beck says:

About 15 years ago we made the best ‘investment’ for a very long time. We bought a sleep number. The matress is the BEST! I used to wake up during the night- no more. Honestly give them a try before you decide.

17. amanda whitley says:

i would love to be able to redo my bedroom and get a new mattress. we have the worlds most uncomfortable bed so i sleep on the couch otherwise my back will hurt so bad the next day i won’t even be able to lift my kids.

18. How is it going? I can’t wait to see the end results. It will give me decorating ideas.

We are still picking stuff out.. but we will definitely be doing blog updates as soon as we get going. ๐Ÿ™‚

My neighbor just went mattress shopping. She swears by tempurpedic beds and have decided to get them for her whole family. Makes me think about it for mine.