Disaster Relief: Learn How You Can Help Animals In Need #ad #HillsPet

This post is sponsored by Hill’s. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Hill’s Science Diet for Cats, but Cheap Is The New Classy only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. is not responsible for the content of this article.

Hill's Science Diet and The Disaster Relief Network

We all hate to think of disasters. When they happen, many people are left injured or homeless. And many of us pitch in money, clothing and food to help each other. But what about pets that are caught up in disasters?

Hill’s Pet Nutrition & The Disaster Relief Network

At Hill’s we want to help those who are affected by the floods in Colorado so we have activated our Hill’s Disaster Relief Network to provide needed dog and cat food to the area. Right now food is on its way to several veterinary hospitals, and we will continue to be in touch with our veterinary and shelter partners in Colorado. All of the pets and pet parents are in our thoughts.

The Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love™ Program has donated over $240 million worth of Science Diet® brand foods to nearly 1,000 animal shelters nationwide since 2002, feeding over 100,000 homeless pets everyday. That is a lot of food that can help take care of a lot of homeless animals. The Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love™ Program has also helped over 7 million pets find new homes.

How Can You Help Animals In Need?

People want animals that are happy and healthy and Science Diet aims to provide just that. Science Diet believes that, through optimal nutrition, dogs and cats are happier, healthier and more adoptable to their forever homes. Adoption is a great way to help animals that have been victims of disasters. Adoption is not something that should be entered into lightly, though. These animals have often already lost their families and homes, so make sure that you are choosing an animal that you will want to keep and take care of as long as it lives. Feeding your pets Science Diet is one way that you can take great care of your newest addition to your family.

Hill's Science Diet and The Disaster Relief Network

All of our pets are adopted. We really think it’s the best way to help ensure that all animals have a great chance at a happy and long life where they are loved unconditionally – just like they deserve to be.

Science Diet Food Shelter and Love Program

Learn More About The Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love™ Program

Be sure to attend the Twitter #BlogPawsChat with BlogPaws and Hill’s on October 29th from 8pm-10pm. The topic will be the shelter program, Hill’s partnership with the Disaster Relief Network, and what they are doing to help pets in need.

disclosure-sponsored-post-300x91

Dawn is a full time lifestyle blogger that runs the ship that is Cheap Is The New Classy. She loves to do home decor and DIY projects, organize stuff, enjoy a nice cup of coffee and travel. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, teen daughter, Amber, and too many furry {and not so furry} friends to count.

Comments

1. I love animals and feel so bad for them when there are floods and other disaters happening. Anyone can donate food and blankets if they cant adopt . But hopefully most of them can go back to their original families. Pets are good for people.

2. stephanie says:

i love animals. i like to donate food

3. ellen beck says:

I always kind of cringe when animals are taken out of state after a disaster although the shelters and rescuers mean well. I have never lost a pet to a disaster but I cant imagine trying to find them across state lines. All of ours are rescues and I do TNR out of pocket.

What a great program and very needed! We often don’t think about the animals, but they have needs and wants, too. We try to help out our local animal organizations, and our little girl is a rescue dog. Very important!

5. Jo-Ann Brightman says:

I love animals and I am glad that this program is being sponsored by Hills

6. Such an important program. Your pets are really cute

7. I love to give to the animals as much as I can.

8. What a great thing to do. All 3 of our kitties have been adopted.

9. I wish that we could adopt a pet, but my hubby is allergic. I live vicariously through my friends that have pets!

10. I seriously looked at my dogs super snuggled up last night and thought the same thing – Every dog deserves to be warm, cozy and loved. If I could adopt them all I would!! I give to animal charities regularly and am always happy to see promotions like this!!!

11. What a great program that everyone can get involved in, even if they don’t have pets, that can help by donating.

12. I think this is a great program, and something that so many people don’t consider. What cute pictures of snuggly, loved animals, too!

13. I love that they’ve been making donations for animals and I’m a huge supporter of getting animals through adoptions like that!

14. Oh….I love animals. I got my little guy at a shelter and he lived to be 16 years old. They’re the best dogs.

15. It’s sad to think how many pets are displaced after natural disasters. I am so glad to hear that Hills has been doing their part to help animals in need.

16. I agree. All animals need to be warm and snuggly. All but one of our cats are rescues and so is our dog.

17. I love animals so I think this program is great!

18. Oh my goodness. I just want to kiss there little noses. What a great program.

19. Ok, I can’t get over all the cuteness in this!!
    SUPER message!!

20. Thank you for the post. I have an adopted dog, that I adopted about three months ago and I love him so much I can’t even imagine why somebody would ever do that to an animal. So thank you for your message and thank you Hill’s for the program.

21. amanda whitley says:

i think its great! its important to remember animals need helping too sometimes. My animals are like kids to me and i would always want the best for them.

22. If I ever get a pet it will be a shelter pet. They all look so sad in there and want to be loved.

23. Candy Cain Severson says:

Animals get forgotten about during disasters, thank you for reminding us

24. Deborah Caudill says:

Thanks for writing such a helpful article. It is always so sad when any sort of disaster happens and people lose their homes and everything they own and then can’t find their pets. A lot of people never once think about the lost and hungry pets. I appreciate Hill’s Science for organizing and getting food to all the lost pets in Colorado. I hope most pets will be returned to their families.

25. Thank you for posting this. After Hurricane Katrina we saw so many animals running loose. I adopted one kitty. I felt so bad for all of them.

26. i have adoopted a dog and then i got him for free andhe spoiled

27. Rebecca Parsons says:

I adopted a rottie puppy from a home that abused him. He turned out to be a wonderful dog! I loved him like he was my own child. I love when a company gives to animals who can’t fend for themselves.

28. this is kind of hills to involve themselves with helping to feed animals in times of disaster…..i helped adopt out animals that were brought to us from the tragedy in new orleans when hurricane katrina struck….praying for the animals in the phillipines right now!

29. great Article ! Big Paws up to Hills SD !!

30. Hills rocks for donating all those millions to help those animals. There is always something someone can do to help if not by monetary than by volunteering :)

31. That is a awesome thing for Hill’s to be donating to help all of those animals- so many animals get confused, homeless and have no means of food and it is so awesome that now they will be able to eat! Thank you Hills

32. rebeccabasset says:

Thanks for sharing! I am glad that some Companies are able and do help.

33. this is wonderful

34. ellen beck says:

This is a greta program. During disasters our 4 legged friends are foten forgotten and they need not be. I am alsways glad to see the comapnies step up.

35. Knowing that Hills helps provide relief for animals in distress after disasters makes me like that company even more. Thanks for spreading the word.

36. Linda Szymoniak says:

So many animals are affected by disasters, and it doesn’t have to be an earthquake or tornado. Right now the Chicago area is considered to be in a state of emergency, since we were hit with a larger than average amount of snow, coupled with arctic cold. If it had only been for a day or two, it wouldn’t be that bad, but it’s already been nearly two weeks with these extreme temperatures, and I know animals are suffering from it. There is a feral cat in our area, and I’ve seen pawprints in the snow that I suspect belong to her. I have tried to catch her so I could take her to be spayed and get her shots, but haven’t been able to yet. I’m hoping she’s nesting under the neighbor’s shed, since at least she would have some shelter there. I know my dogs get all excited and bark at the fence that backs up against the shed. I hope she’ll be okay, and once the weather gets warmer and the snow melts, I’m going to see about borrowing a trap for her. There is a busy road just 4 houses down from the house with the shed, and I worry she’ll get hit by a car.

That poor cat. That is so great that you are thinking about her. I hope that she is hiding under the shed, too.