Going To Be In NC? Check Out The 2013 Dixie Classic Fair Schedule {10/4-10/13} #ad @dcfair

Dixie Classic Fair 2013 ~

2013 Dixie Classic Fair Date, Showtimes, Tickets and Schedule

wording

We do a lot of cool stuff during the summer and fall months. But one thing we haven’t done this year is go to the fair. However, we are planning to change that in a few weeks and go to the 2013 Dixie Classic Fair in Winston-Salem NC. The Dixie Classic Fair will be October 4th-13th. We have gone to this fair for the past several years and I have to tell you, it is awesome! So, for all of you who might want to go, here is an easy way to get all the info you need such as were to buy tickets, prices, Grandstand shows and times, schedule and more. I think I have included all you might want to know, or links to the info’s page, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to get you the rest of the information you need. 🙂

Image Credit: dcfair.com

2013 Dixie Classic Fair Grandstand Events

*All of the Grandstand Events are **FREE** with paid gate admission to the fair. {Where else do you get to see a free concert?}

*All seats are General Admission and they are on a first-come first-serve basis.

Friday, Oct. 4 at 7:30 pm:

Saturday, Oct. 12 at 2:00 pm:
OTTPA Tractor Pull

Sunday, Oct. 13 at 7:30 pm:
Rodeo

Image Credit: dcfair.com

2013 Dixie Classic Fair Schedule And Special Days

*View the full 2013 Dixie Classic Fair Schedule of Events in printable PDF format.

*Check out the full list of Special Days {also listed below}

Unlimited Ride Promotion Days {10/4,  10/7,  10/8,  10/10}

Pick up a coupon at participating Wendy’s, pay Fair gate admission, bring coupon to Midway Ticket Booth, redeem coupon and $25 for ID to ride all day.  ($30 without coupon).

School Day {10/7}

Gates open at 9am for students. Students (Preschool thru Grade 5) are admitted free until 2:00. One adult per six children are admitted free.

Senior Day {10/8}

Gates open at 9am for seniors. Also, adults age 65 years and over, admitted FREE all week with proper ID. Aides assisting Seniors are free on this Senior Adult Day only. Special Fun Events for Seniors begin at 10:00 am.

Special Education Day {10/9}

Gates open at 9:00 am for Special Education students. Free Admission for persons with disabilities.

Lowe’s Foods Day {10/9}

Gates open at 11:00 am for the Public. Bring 5 cans or 5 boxes of non-perishable Lowe’s Foods house brand food and receive free admission.

Winston-Salem Journal Family Days {10/12, 10/13}

Hours:  Saturday, October 12, 9:00 am – 7:00 pm and Sunday, October 13, 11:00 am – 7:00 pm.

Kids age 7 and under can ride all of the Strates Shows Kiddieland Rides (all rides subject to height safety restrictions) for $10.00 (excluding pony rides).

Image Credit: dcfair.com

2013 Dixie Classic Fair Hours of Operation and Ticket Prices

Sunday – Friday {11:00 am–11:00 pm}
Saturdays {9:00 am–11:00 pm}
Senior Adult Day {starts 9:00 am}

Advance Tickets are now on sale. Click here for more information.

Friday ( Oct. 4 & 11), Saturday (Oct. 5 & 12) and Sunday (Oct. 6 & 13)

Adults (ages 12 & up) – $9
Children (ages 6–11) – $4
Children (5 & under) and Senior Adults (65 & over, with ID) – Free

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

Adults (ages 12 & up) – $8
Children (ages 6–11) – $4
Children (5 & under) and Senior Adults (65 & over, with ID) – Free

Early Bird Special Admission (Any Gate)

Weekdays only from 11:00 am–1:00 pm – $4

Image Credit: dcfair.com

2013 Dixie Classic Fair Ticket Prices

Friday (9-28 & 10-5), Saturday (9-29 & 10-6) and Sunday (9-30 & 10-7)

Adults (ages 12 & up) – $9
Children (ages 6 – 11) – $4
Children (5 & under) and Senior Adults (65 & over, with ID) – Free

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

Adults (ages 12 & up) – $8
Children (ages 6 – 11) – $4
Children (5 & under) and Senior Adults (65 & over, with ID) – Free

Early Bird Special Admission (Any Gate)

Weekdays only from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm – $4

Parking

In Wake Forest Controlled Lots – $8

Every time we go to the fair, I make a beeline to the roasted corn. Yummy. 😛 Jay and I always like to catch the concerts and walk around checking out the vendors. Amber likes to take a friend or two and get on all of the rides and then they often meet us at a concert or a vendor display. And we ALL like to eat the fair food. Amber especially likes the cheese steaks and Jay likes pretty much anything, though he especially likes popcorn. There really is something for everyone at the fair! 🙂

Have You Ever Been To The Dixie Classic Fair? If So, What Do You Like Best?

disclosure-sponsored-post-300x91

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for EatPlayRock.com, an entertainment site. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her dog, Daisy.

Comments

1. This looks like a great fair

2. I haven’t been to a fair in years. At my age I don’t think I could tolerate it.

3. Wow this looks like an amazing time & I so want one of those apples!

4. Oh WOW!!! I wish they were coming to my area! This classic fair looks absolutely amazing!! I would have a blast there with my kids!

5. I like it that the grandstand events are included in the ticket price.

6. I have never been to a fair like this! This is in my bucket list!

7. You had me at ‘candy apples,’ but the goat sure is adorable too. I didn’t make it to the local fair this year, but this sounds like a nice retro (slower times) escape.

8. This looks like so much fun. We have been a similar big fair in Texas. I’d love to visit this one too.

9. I wish I was going. This looks like loads of fun

10. ahh it looks like so much fun! those candy apples look amazing!

How fun! Fairs are always good, big, fun events! Family, friends, the community can all come out to have a good time. Be entertained while enjoying some unique food. Love that they are having several food drives.

12. Sherri Lewis says:

I haven’t been to the Dixie Classic fair since I was a teenager and went with my best friend and her family. Hmmmm… and that means the state fair is coming up right after that!

13. State fairs are the best. By the line-up of events at the Dixie Classic fair, it looks like it would be fun. And after seeing the picture of the candy apple, I’m ready to go.

14. 2nd comment …this one for your giveaway. I have been to this fair and love it. I have never seen so many odd fried foods in my life.