My {Kick The} Bucket List #boostyourblog

Bucket List ~

Photo credit: jdurham from morguefile.com

I had never heard of a bucket list until I saw the movie that came out a few years ago by that name. I loved the movie and I loved the idea. I mean, if you were fortunate {or perhaps unfortunate enough} to know when you were going to pass away, but still had enough strength and mental capabilities to make all your attainable dreams come true, wouldn’t that be a gift?

My Bucket List

If I were to find out that I am going to die soon, these are the things that I would really love to be able to do…

1. Take a cruise – I think the thing that I would most want to do in my life would be to take a cruise. I have never been on a cruise but have always wanted to take one. There are several reasons that I do not take a cruise though, the main one being the price. Even if I had the money to pay for the ticket, I am most worried about the cost of traveling to get to the place to board the cruise. I have never flown on a commercial airline, so I have no idea how much that would cost, how to book it, how much stuff I could carry on, etc. Also, with cruises, you have port taxes, passport costs, as well as whatever things might cost on the cruise {gratuities, food} etc. It seems very daunting. But I I were getting ready to die, it might not seem like such drama then.

2. See The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac in concert – A few years ago Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles were supposed to tour together. I guess that all fell apart because I never heard anything about it ever happening. Then a few years ago Fleetwood Mac was supposed to be very near to me in concert and they canceled at the last minute, for whatever reason. At any rate, they are going to be here local again soon and I am scared to buy tickets. I will probably get the nerve just as they sell out. Ha! Whenever the Eagles are near, they are always WAY to expensive, so I never even bother.

I really can’t think of anything else that I would have on my bucket list besides things like reading the rest of the Stephen King collection and other books that I have never gotten around to. And, though I love this blog and you readers, I would probably tell this blog adios and spend the rest of the time with my family. I am sure you would understand. :)

What Is On Your Bucket List?

boostyourblog2 photo boostyourblog2_zps9ad47d3d.jpg

Dawn is a full time lifestyle blogger that runs the ship that is Cheap Is The New Classy. She loves to do home decor and DIY projects, organize stuff, enjoy a nice cup of coffee and travel. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, teen daughter, Amber, and too many furry {and not so furry} friends to count.

Comments

1. I loved Fleetwood Mac in concert but Stevie Nix on her own is better :)

2. Such a lovely post, I like these pictures so much! :)

3. Darlene Ysaguirre says:

Ive also wanted to take a cruise but the cost of everything always holds me back and then the fear that ill go overboard some how and will never be seen again lol

4. Are Fleetwood Mac tickets on sale now?

5. Instead of a Bucket List I like to call it a Life List. Top of my Life List is to travel to Europe. My mom was Fleetwood Mac back in the 70s when they played at Madison Square Gardens way before she became a mother. I hope you get to see them one day, bet that would be an awesome concert.

6. Jenna M Wood says:

A cruise is on my list, but then again, my list is pretty long (and I am still quite young :) )

7. I would like to re-learn to play piano again as I did when I was growing up!

8. I haven’t made a bucket list. I’ve always been pretty happy with what I’m doing in life. I’ll have to give some serious thought about this.

9. I agree. If I knew I was leaving this planet, my blog would not be nearly as important. By the way, I saw Fleetwood Mac many years ago and Stevie Nicks seemed totally wasted. Hope those days are behind them. I’d love to see the Eagles, too.

Wow. Maybe I don’t have to worry too much about not seeing them in concert then. There was this one guy that I really wanted to see in concert {I will leave his name out since I think he has straightened his mess up since – I had also seen him before and he didn’t act like that either} but when we got to the show, he was so messed up that he almost fell off the stage several times. :( When he checked into rehab the next week, I was not the least bit surprised. Sad.

Dawn

• I saw an interview where she put herself in The Betty Ford Clinic. But yeah, it would be a bummer to pay so much money and see a sub-standard performance!

I know. At any rate, I think the hubs might buy me tickets!! I hope if he does that it rocks. I would hate to be disappointed!

Dawn

10. We use to call it our “bucket list” , till it was hitting to close to home, we now call it our life list…another island vacation is high on mine and hubby’s life list… amongst other hopeful plans

11. Wow, such a simple Bucket List! I have to say, mine would be quite a bit longer, and include a trip to Ireland and Scotland!

That does sound like a lot of fun! I think the length of my bucket list might depend on how long I am told I have to live, too. I was guessing the worst with this one, haha!

Dawn

12. I don’t have a bucket list but I do have some things that I really want to accomplish – one of which is to visit all 50 states! We’re about 1/3 of the way there – gotta get traveling!!!

Oooh, that is a good one! I would love to get an RV after my husband and I retire and travel to at least the 48 that are contiguous! :)

Dawn

13. A cruise..travel the world!

14. I love the bucket list movie too!!

In my list, I also have go on a cruise. Go on a concert and eat at Serendipity in New York!

15. I only have two things on mine – spend every minute I can with my family, get healthier so I can have more of those moments. I was told last year when I was sick that I would not be here this year if things did not change. That certainly makes you think about these things.

16. So many things on my bucket list. I created a pinterest board about it. http://pinterest.com/comebackmomma/bucket-list/

17. On my list is owning property – an apartment or a sailboat. :) Most likely an apartment, though. Also, go to Scandinavia, visit every Canadian province and territory (that will take a long time and a lot of money!), and go to Haida Gwaii via the Inside Passage.

Those sound like really cool goals. I don’t know much about Canada, but I have been to Ontario! So chalk one off for me! Yay!

Dawn

18. Cruises are worth every penny – really. My parents sent me on one (and my friends came, too) for my 21st birthday present. We’re looking forward to a family Disney cruise in a few more years when Bubbles is old enough to enjoy it with us (A2 has been wanting to go for awhile now).

On my list is seeing Bon Jovi in concert, visiting Hawaii, staying in the Cinderella Castle suite at the Magic Kingdom, and seeing the Grand Canyon.

I am glad you had fun on your cruise! Sounds like a great time!

Wow! Staying in the Cinderella Castle sounds really cool. I had no idea that you could actually stay in it! Nice!

Dawn

19. I have a long list, as I started mine in jr high school! But a few: There are glass ceiling igloos where you can see the northern lights I want to stay in, dive the barrier reef and jelly fish lake, see the pyramids via camel, and take a cruise through the arctic.

Love reading everyone elses!

20. My main bucket list item is to tour Europe – cliche yes, but I’ve wanted to since I was little.

21. Having a close friend dying from cancer we have talked about bucket lists. I’ve had a health scare before Christmas so I have thought about it for me but since I dont drive I doubt I can fulfill any of mine on my own. I want to go to Chincoteague Island .