Wordless Wednesday KISS Style – With Linky! #wordlesswednesday

KISS ~

KISS Gene Simmons

My husband’s favorite band is KISS. In honor of their new album recently coming out {yes, I bought it for him} I thought I would make my Wordless Wednesday post about their concert that we attended in 2010. :) Check out this extreme closeup of Gene Simmons!

KISS Concert – Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Charlotte, NC {2010}

KISS Paul Stanley Tommy Thayer

This was the first KISS concert that my husband, my daughter or I had ever been to. We went with several of our friends and it was the first KISS concert for many of them, as well. As you can see, the stage and the set design was very cool. And it was so hot, in the summer. How they wear those crazy outfits in that heat is beyond me!

KISS dancing

My husband is the master of the air guitar and a legend in his own mind. ;)

This is my husband and my other nephew and their imaginary instruments. They think they are awesome.

My nephew getting ready to rock!

I think this was my nephew’s first concert – or one of the first! He seemed to be having a blast! Music really does unite people of all ages, doesn’t it?

kiss tshirt

This is one of the cool tshirts that we picked up at the venue. We love concert tshirts and try to get them at most concerts that we attend. They can be really expensive. Picking them up after the concert is definitely the way to go. :)

kiss tickets

We got our tickets one day when they were crazy cheap on Live Nation. $10 each at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Charlotte, North Carolina! Sweet deal, eh? I recommend getting on their email list if you haven’t already. We also saw Poison for $10 and maybe a couple other bands. They run $10 specials pretty often. :)

Leave your Wordless Wednesday Links Below!

Dawn is a full time lifestyle blogger that runs the ship that is Cheap Is The New Classy. She loves to do home decor and DIY projects, organize stuff, enjoy a nice cup of coffee and travel. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, Jay, teen daughter, Amber, and too many furry {and not so furry} friends to count.

Comments

1. Amy Lynn Desrosiers says:

Awesome, looks like you guys had a fun time! I have only went to one concert in my life so far!!

2. They are definitely different as far as appearance. Sadly, I can not remember if I liked their music. I have only listened to Barney and Elmo for so long, lol.

3. Hope y’all have a nice time. Looks like tons of fun. :)

4. What a fun concert to remember!! I also keep tickets and little trinkets! hehehe….I still have to take my husband to his very first concert

5. Looks like you guys had a great time!

6. Sarah Harding says:

My husband loves Kiss too we got to see them last year at Moondance jam here in Minnesota.my first time but my husbands seen them several times it was an awesome concert!

7. This is so fun! I remember when I was a girl, my sister and cousins went to a KISS concert but I was too young. Now is my chance!

8. LOVE it! lol My husband LOVES KISS
    Kas

9. Emily Ploch says:

I bet they are great in concert!

10. Love the pic of your nephew. Great!

11. Those photos of your husband and nephew made me laugh! Linking up too!

12. Haha – the pic of your nephew is the best :)

13. Life long KISS fans here too! My oldest son (now 25) was 10 when he went to his 1st show… full on make-up and everything!! He loves those photos from the show still LOL

14. SO GREAT! My neighbors dressed up as KISS last year because they are BIG FANS…I didnt know that they still did concerts!!??! You are right about the costumes and heat…it looks like it would be overwhelmingly sweaty in the picture! Great post.

15. That’s an amazing deal for concert tickets! I wish I lived down there!!

16. What cute pics!!! ROCK ON!!!

17. Betcha you got a lot of brownie points for that one. :)

18. Kelley Johnsen says:

I love concerts!! We got to see poison in VA Beach, it was so great!

19. Great Fun, there is nothing like seeing a group you love in person… Love the pics’.

20. Great pictures! Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves.

21. Amanda @ Survival Guide by The Working Mom says:

I have a friend that is SUCH a KISS fan, I was never really into them but I love the gene Simmons family reality show. haha

22. Jennifer Mae Hiles says:

Awesome, I bet a Kiss concert is a freaking blast!

23. Been to a bunch of concerts but not Kiss, yet :o)

24. Sherri Lewis says:

I love the picture of your nephew… he does a great impression :)