Need a Laugh? Check Out The GloZell Cinnamon Challenge

Glozell Cinnamon Challenge

Glozell Cinnamon Challenge

Okay, so the other day my daughter expressed interest in doing the “Cinnamon Challenge.” Not knowing what that meant and knowing that it was probably bad, I decided to investigate further. So, my understanding is that you are to take a teaspoon or tablespoon and fill it up with cinnamon, stick it in your mouth and try the best you can to swallow it without coughing it up. I feel this could potentially cause choking or respiratory issues so I explained this to my daughter and that I would like for her NOT to do it.

There are always challenges going around the internet. This is basically today’s version of triple dog daring someone to do something. Remember when what’s his face was triple dog dared to stick his tongue to the pole in “A Christmas Story?” I think we all remember how that turned out. Sometimes doing what people dare you to do might not be the best idea.

GloZell Cinnamon Challenge: Would You Try This?

Having said that, I think adults can make up their own minds. This video of GloZell doing the Cinnamon Challenge after “150 kabillion” dares (with a SOUP LADLE!!) is pretty funny, though. After perusing through her YouTube channel, I see that she does a lot of weird stuff for laughs.

When I first saw this video, I about rolled off the couch, I was laughing so hard. I would never want anyone to get hurt just to get a laugh, though. So, I want to say that I certainly am not recommending anyone try this. If you must try this, please do this at your own discretion, with other people to help you should you need it. I feel like I heard that a kid or two died from this. So, if you are reading this post – please take this seriously. Is it really worth that much to get a laugh?

Have You Tried The Cinnamon Challenge>? How Did It Go?

Dawn is a full time travel and lifestyle blogger. Besides Cheap Is The New Classy, she also owns and writes for EatPlayRock.com, an entertainment site. Her interests include traveling, home decor, DIY projects, organizing her home and enjoying a nice cup of coffee {or two}. She currently resides in North Carolina with her dog, Daisy.

Comments

1. Rachael Ebner says:

I love cinnamon, but not that much!

2. Lol I don’t think I’m crazy enough to take that challenge…my husband might be though haha.

I don’t know who thinks of these things. My daughter actually likes cinnamon plain, spoonfuls of unsweetened cocoa, too. She enjoys the dry bitterness with hints of richness she says. Has your daughter tried it yet or did she give up? Good for you on looking into it.

4. I’ve heard of the cinnamon challenge but never would I try to eat a spoonful or especially a soup ladle full… she’s crazy

5. LOL!! That lady is just nuts! I’ve never even heard of the cinnamon challenge before, I don’t think I’ll be trying that soon.

6. I don’t think so. Someone around here choked and died on the cinnamon sometime last year, so I think I will skip it ๐Ÿ™‚

7. LOl I don’t think I would want to do that challenge. I am a chicken when it comes to doing any challenges.

8. that is a nightmare of a challenge!
    I love cinnamon but could never do a spoonful of it!

9. Yeah I’m pretty sure I have no desire to do this in anyway shape or form :/

10. Some of my daughter’s friends have tried the cinnamon challenge. I heard there is a trick to it so you don’t cause respiratory distress!

11. OH MY GOSH!!!!! I couldn’t stop laughing… well, until she had a hard time talking. I can just imagine how much that hurt. Anyone who would do this is just not smart.

12. Noooo… no thanks! And that video is exactly why I don’t try the challenge myself.

Same here! When she is coughing it up and looking like Puff The Magic Dragon, I am both laughing and feeling completely guilty and horrified at the same time.

13. The amount of times that I’ve seen this is unbelievable, though every time I watch it I always get a laugh out of myself.

14. I am glad to hear you talked your daughter out of it. Sounds like it could be dangerous, especially for people with asthma or respiratory issues.

15. No, you could not pay me enough to do the cinnamon challenge! If people used their creativity in more productive ways, maybe we could actually improve the world!

16. I don’t get the appeal of her videos. My daughter had me watch a few because she thought they were funny. I didn’t find them so. I have not taken the cinnamon challenge, but I do love cinnamon. Just a sprinkling though.

17. Nope, never did the cinnamon challenge. This is hilarious though.

18. This is funy. I don’t like cinnamon that much ๐Ÿ™‚

19. GloZell is hilarious when she did that cinnamon challenge long ago! I cracked up!

20. LOL! I love cinnamon too but not that much, HA thanks again!

21. I have heard of this. All I can say is, no thanks!

22. My son wanted to do it, and I told him no way. All these silly challenges lately are a bit too much for my liking!

23. My teen told me about this challenge last summer. I told her no way she could even contemplate it.

24. This video is hilarious! I heard of this challenge but never looked to far into it. I also saw this lady eat a hot bonnet pepper once. Crazy!

A hot bonnet pepper! I am not even sure what that is, but it sounds painful, lol!

25. Glozell is hilarious. She has awesome videos

26. I’m not big on any of the challenges going around right now. Some of them can be really dangerous.

27. That was so funny! Thanks for sharing!

28. Ann Bacciaglia says:

This one of the many terrible challenges that are going around. I teenager in the US ended up in hospital with a severe lung infection from inhaling cinnamon. The ice cube and salt challenge left a young girl i know with 3rd degree burns.

29. I have never heard of this before but it does seem like something that could be dangerous. I would never do this myself.

30. I haven’t even heard of this! If I can shove a cinnamon tool into my mouth instead of straight cinnamon, count me in ๐Ÿ™‚

31. I haven’t seen anyone do that successfully, and she’s nuts with a ladle full! There’s no way I ‘d even try.

32. I totally admit I love Glozell – however personally I think I will give the cinnamon challenge a miss!

33. Melissa Smith says:

Oh my gosh that is hilarious! I’ll pass on the challenge for myself though.

34. Oh my goodness! No, it’s not worth a laugh that much, in my opinion! (I agree with you, this is dangerous for kids!)

35. That is hysterical!! I would never have found this on my own but goodness… I was rolling!!

36. I hate it when people blindly follow these challenges. What happen to using common sense. I have personally read of children suffering horrible health problems with this Cinnamon Challenge.

Trackbacks

1. […] Challenge everywhere. I had no idea what it was about. I just assumed it was another fad like the Cinnamon Challenge. But a few days ago, I was challenged by my friend, Avery, to do the Ice Bucket Challenge and he […]